the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night
She had been cured. The starry warrior had been healed of the horrid disease that plagued her lungs, and could finally breathe. But she was a glutton for punishment. She had ventured into one of the new corners of the earth, unafraid of what may be lurking here. If she could survive the awful black, she could survive whatever waited for her here. And now, here she stood, quite a ways away from the herd, her hooves on a new, unexplored land. She scanned the Flats, watched the other beings of Helovia disperse, working their ways back to where they belonged. She sighed, brooding in her loneliness, before casting steel to scan the horizon.

Something flashed. Well, flashed was a poor way to put it. Her brows furrowed and eyes narrowed as she attempted to stretch her vision, looking for something in a world of nothing. There, there it was again. It was a shimmer of air, like during Tallsun when the world grew too warm and the air quivered in waves above the ground. She tipped her head, and watched the Sun God circle. Perhaps he had seen it too? The blue girl shook her head. No. The god had promised peace. She began to turn, casting one last gaze before she would return on her way. But the God began to rain fire and lightening. Her head snapped up, ears attentive, eyes wide. The dispersion of the meeting had simply been an intermission before the real show began. Unicorns and pegasi and equines alike began to charge the invisible being. Magic seemed to explode, bodies being thrown together in a fervent attempt to battle something.

She bolted. Long legs, two dipped in white, carried her quickly towards the battle. She saw her king, Deimos, and others from the Basin, involved in the fray. Spots of a monstrous scaled beast flashed, scales glittering and shimmering before disappearing yet again. But before she could make it to the rift god, she saw a belligerent pegasus going for a black and red stallion she recognized as one of her own. She diverted, coming towards the pair, trying her best to head off the wretched winged beast before he made it to the emissary. “Enough!”  She snarled, teeth snapping together in a warning bite aimed for the pegasus’ withers. “Calm yourself, you fool, for we have bigger problems than horns and wings. Today is not a day for this.” Work needed to be done. This was not the day for unsettled qualms between the races. Successful or not at her interruption, the corporal turned again to the battle raging on.

The world was churning around her, a flurry of yelling and magic and sweat. The beast must be strong, if the onslaught of magic and attacks he was taking had not yet hindered him. She bared her teeth, ears flat black, thinking. Perhaps the beast was immortal, or was immune to their attacks, or was wearing armor, or- armor. That was it. He must have been wearing armor strong enough to withstand the force of the Helovians’ assaults. But all armors have spots of weakness, places where the soft underbelly was still exposed and vulnerable.

Her mind raced as she circled, silver looking for more flashes of the beast beneath his shield. Nostrils flared as she gulped in fresh air, working to calm herself before engaging. A leathery arm flashed, gone as quick as it had come, but that’s all the warrior needed. She bounded towards the beast, blade pointed to where the joint had been. He was concealed again, but she hoped – prayed, even, - that her aim would be true. She lunged forwards, front pillars bent and held close, driving her horn towards the armpit, and hopefully the soft spot, of the God.

Nothing is forever. It is foolish to think otherwise. Kings will always fall. The immortal can still die.

Gods are not an exception.
OOC// TEAM SUN GOD FOR THE WIN. Ki’irha is off on her own, minding her own business, when the fight starts. She sees everyone fighting and charges into battle, but instead of getting right into it, she tries to intercept @Gull from attacking @Ode and refocus him on the real battle (attempts a light bite to snap him out of it.) She then identifies that the rift god has some sort of armor (scales), and looks for a soft spot. She sees his underarm, and attempts to drive her horn through it, as it should be a soft vulnerable spot for her to sink her horn into, instead of the thick leathery back of the crocodile.
Tagged// Mentioned: Sun God, @Ode , @Gull , @Deimos
Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Ki'irha - 09-27-2015, 01:16 PM