the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya had not left the Flats after the group had dispersed.  Her vision had not returned to normal, and the flickers of normalcy were few and far between now.  All she saw was the thermal-painted colors and the colors of the sun against the blues and greens of the ocean were just…stunning.  She had little desire to make haste away from such a place, and making her way back with her vision so compromised was easier said than done.  The only way she had to distinguish individuals from each other was their basic shape and the overwhelming scent – another of her compromised senses.  For now it seemed that her taste buds had been amplified and now shared the duties of scent as well.  It was certainly a lot to take in, and the adjustment was not at all pleasant. 

The Sun God was always detectible on the horizon – burning the brightest of any of the other shapes and creatures. Najya felt profound comfort here in the presence of the Sun.  Her people had always been a Sun-worshiping people but, to her knowledge, she was the only one of her herd to have ever seen the Sun god.  She would be sure to pass along stories of her experience for the rest of her life.  But something wasn’t quite right, today.   The Sun had engaged with something and others were quickly coming to his aid – this Najya could see even from afar due to her tainted vision.  She coughed and tried to remove as much of the black tar from her face as possible before retrieving her sword and moving to join the others.  As she grew nearer – the scope of the battle began to unfold.  Equine forms danced around a decidedly unequine shape that, if she could deduct properly, likely came from the rift with the others.  It’s ambient body temperature was cooler by many degrees than the rest, so it was clearly cold-blooded.  This gave Najya pause.  Many reptiles called the desert home, but none so big as this.  And most reptiles had teeth made for consuming flesh.

Grabbing the hilt of the sword between her teeth, somewhat clumsily since she had only begun practicing using it – the Moon Goddess had only just given it to her, Najya ran a wide circle around the massive crocodile.  She used her tainted vision, ironically, as an advantage – it was at least enough to tell her which end was the end she needed to be more wary of.  She knew very well that an attack from the top would be all but useless against his armor, but the belly and sides would be more vulnerable.  She approached the crocodile from behind, hoping to take advantage of it’s natural blind spot, until the last moment when she darted to the left and then lunging to the right and attempted to plunge the poisoned sword into the belly of the beast – somewhere in front of his left hind leg.

She leapt away as quickly as possible – trying to avoid not only the crocodile’s retaliation but also the attacks of others.  Others she couldn’t even hope to identify unless they spoke to her directly.  To Najya the battlefield was nothing more than a rainbow of color and an overwhelming scent that burned on her tongue.  As if battle wasn’t overwhelming enough in the first place. 

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3

GLL - Pit viper senses - thermal vision, enhanced smell/taste

TEAM SUNNY
Summary:  Arrives, tries to distinguish what is happening, attacks croc from behind trying to stay in its blind spot before lunging into its field of vision to try to stab it in the belly with her poisoned sword. Able to see the croc since she currently has the senses of a pit viper and sees thermal radiation and has enhanced smell/taste.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Najya - 09-27-2015, 11:03 PM