the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Foolishly, Ashamin had allowed himself a moment to relax. He had thought there might be peace, let his shoulders fall and the tension ease out from his hooves. He looked to Tiamat, longed again for the company of Lochan rather than fearing this place was too dangerous for him, and lowered his aching head.

Why did it fall so heavy? The weight of the Bear God's mask was no great suffering in the end, a skull was only a skull, but perhaps it was the memory of that death. And the next one. And the next one.

How many would he have to watch die, and how many times would he have to listen to Gods lie to him and forget his presence before peace actually came to this land?

The buck was just opening his mouth and turning to Tiamat to offer her the same warmth when the flash of fire burst over the scene and the dark voice of a god made itself heard. There wasn't going to be peace, now, there was going to be another war.

And before the battle even made itself abundantly clear Ashamin threw his head back in wild concern and reared, let the whites of his black eyes show like slivers of a moon and cried to the blue mare beside him:

"Tiamat, run!"

And though he wanted to stay and see that this happened he could not—he ran instead, finding himself in step with a gray unicorn stallion casting electricity and the danger of his own horn to the crocodile. He heard that heartbeat and so many others, but knew he could do nothing more. What could he do, with no magic that could defend and no sword of his own on his brow?

In the end, he did all he could think of: kept running towards that shimmer of a dragon until he could leap and try and run upon its spine. He kept running until he thought maybe he could kill the thing, kept biting down with his cleft hooves, kept striking, and didn't take a moment to realize it was suicide—didn't take one to realize he didn't even know why he was fighting, anymore.

_________

TEAM SUN GOD

Summary: Tells Tiamat to run. Listens to some heartbeats. Runs forward alongside @Ciceron and then idiotically tries to jump on the Croc's back.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Ashamin - 09-28-2015, 09:49 AM