the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
How did I feel when the fight broke out? I wasn't surprised, child. It is very difficult to be surprised at violence after you have seen so much of it.

No, I wasn't surprised. And I wasn't scared, either. I felt stirred, called to action, in an odd sort of way. Where previously I'd felt as if I were nothing more than a bored intruder, now I could embrace the display on the charge of wanting to return to the peace that had been promise on my own—to turn the lie of a God on its side with my own body and bones, and make someone out there safer than I had ever been.

I think I cannot go without mentioning Rikyn, then. His role in my confidence and care was integral. It meant a lot to see someone I knew standing there before me and having not yet attacked. Was he considering, too?

Slowly I plodded forth, watching before wasting my breath. The failure of anyone to coordinate in these battles (aside from that first God who had detestably ordered children to attack) was embarrassing but not my problem. I would not be the one to stand up and cease all action to plan something better because in the end, none of these fights were really mine. But I walked up to Rikyn then, my exhales low and my eyes glittering with the faint reflection of fire and all manner of mayhem, and I turned to the only truly familiar boy on that field with the faint traces of a confident smile.

"Come," I said to him, "let's do this together."

I wanted to fight but I wanted to do it with my eye on another to protect. I wanted to protect you, too, once, I just couldn't.

What mere filly can stop kicks to her side at a birth?

______

TEAM SUN GOD

(You damn liar)

Summary: Walks up to @Rikyn to ask if he will fight at her side. Does not yet attack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Ahvelyn - 09-28-2015, 09:53 AM