the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik

How long had they been here? A few days? The Bloodskald wasn't really that sure. Everything had been in a strange haze since Ophelia had, inextricably, chosen to remain mortal. To pass what blessing the God of the Sun had offered her on to her offspring. 

She wanted to have children? More? After...last time? 

And with him? Because  her choice had been a mortal life with him. Torleik hadn't believed it at first and had questioned his ears, his sanity. Did he want her so badly that he was prepared to willfully mishear what the woman he loved told the deity? But he hadn't. Irelyn had trilled in surprise and excitement and the numbness that had washed over his ragged rabicano form started to ebb away. A cautious ray of hope bloomed in his chest and his eyes flicked from one perfect creature to the other, not quite comprehending. 

Why? 

What...would the Sun God do to him in retaliation? He'd already humiliated him once for no good reason. Surely this would earn his ire now, this pathetic mortal stealing the woman he wanted. It struck him as...amusing, frustrating, and daunting all at once, that Ophelia had more than one god after her. He was just a sad man, vainly groping at the warmth and comfort she provided him in the hopes that he could return it to her tenfold as repayment for assuaging some of his earthly pains. 

Confused, he waited for them to part, waited for Ophelia to be...his again, so that he could approach her. So that they could talk. And talk they did, for what seemed like...ages. When they finally fell silent, his soul hurt less, and perhaps by proxy, his body did, too. This place was placid, had a beauty all its own that Torleik could not deny, though he preferred his misty forests and sea-beaten cliffs and always would. Sadly, this placidity was not to last. The Sun God had promised no battle, but the Sun God had lied. 

He couldn't possibly be impressed again as some giant...dragon-like...lizard thing burst through yet another rift and began to rain fire down on the fire god. That wouldn't be all that effective, would it? As usual, Ophelia threw herself into battle, so Torleik was compelled to follow for her protection. Summoning the densest of ice storms that he could manage with gnarled knots of hail, the Bloodskald hoped to douse the fire of the interloper as much as he was able - or at the very least, impair his vision. The hail would be nothing if not a good distracting and irksome discomfort at the very least. His hooves carried him after his woman, charging as well and weaving along the path she took. 

Mauja was here. He needed to check his damn magic for friendly fire. If all went well he wouldn't get clipped or impaled, and he might land a hit on this newest invader with his lowered horns. Time would tell.

Team Sun God
Summons ice storm and tries to charge the croc thing and hit it with his horns anywhere he's able. 

Mention @Mauja

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Torleik - 09-28-2015, 09:27 PM