the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Boy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

YOU'RE PART OF A MACHINE, YOU ARE NOT A HUMAN BEING
so you run on gasoline

He hadn’t yet left the Flats since the opening of the portal. It wasn’t because he had grown accustomed to the wretched salt pan, though if you were to ask, that would be the reason as to why he had not yet departed even if he prided himself on trying not to lie. No, in truth the immortal felt uneasy surrounded by those aliens (or Helovians, whichever they preferred) and it just so happened that the Flats were the closest thing to home that he had. And ‘home’ was comforting, especially when anxiety wracked his brain. Honestly who were these people? Who exactly was the golden demon who claimed he had cleansed the land? Could he even trust these foreigners?

And that was just it! They were all technically foreigners encroaching on lands that did not belong to them. Halcyon Flats technically belonged to the Rifters and the True Gods. It had been stolen by the golden demon who seemed to believe he was doing the right thing. But was he? Sure, perhaps the lands were sick and maybe the True Gods had abandoned them but the gold devil couldn’t just go around stealing land.

Could he…?

Perhaps he was thinking too much into the situation. He had held a bitterness over the God even after he had confirmed that the Oasis Goddess had made it through the portal. Maybe he could give him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to do what was right and the immortal couldn’t deny that the portal magically appearing had been a blessing… He just couldn’t bring himself to trust the fiery God no matter how hard he tried.

So when he saw him flying overhead, an army in tow, he couldn’t help but follow— more suspicious than curious. He had stayed a fair distance away as the commotion was one he knew well. Battle, war, whatever you wanted to call it. It was what he had been running from. He felt a knot develop in the back of his throat when he saw what, or whom to be more exact, the soldiers of the Sun God were attacking. The giant croc. It was hard to tell that he was there, he now blended perfectly into the horizon instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. But a few well aimed fire balls had unveiled the True God. That was what he was, wasn’t it? One of the True Gods from mother’s stories, one of many of whom had abandoned the lands and left them in an apocalyptic war. One of the True Gods who he could hold responsible for the tens of thousands of souls who had died as a result of the True Gods leaving. The crocodile was someone he could place blame on for his own sins.

A sickening feeling passed through him. He could blame the crocodile and wage war against him with the foreigners. But that did not sound morally correct. Shouldn’t they give the crocodile a chance to talk this over before passing such swift judgement? Besides if he was made angry it was because the golden demon had stolen his land! That was pretty understandable.

But… Today the crocodile God drew the short straw. It was under his protection that he and the Oasis Goddess had almost been eaten by the salt pans. It was under his protection that he had been forced into a life of slavery. There would be no fair trial. Only bloodshed. It was what he deserved. 

So the immortal took to the sky, circling the creature for weak spots. But he was covered in armor and unless they managed to flip him over most of the attacks would not prevail. There, his subconscious told him, a target. He swooped, wings tucked up, sharp hooves aimed for the area just past his eyes, leading down toward the rest of the creature’s body, the back of the skull. There, the brain. It would be a hard task to complete, but if he could aim a few well timed, powerful attacks he was sure he could at least give the beast a migraine. Keeping a close watch on the maw of the crocodile he prepared to strike, knowing very well the brute could turn his head and snap him up for lunch at any given moment. He drew closer his wings ready to open up once more and pull him away if necessary. It was a foolish move—  but he had nothing to lose.

"Talk?"
boy

image credits

TEAM SUNNY G  aka "I'm not really fighting for you, but for everyone this croc has abandoned and killed by being a bad God of the Rift" 

Mentions: Briefly Ultima and Sunny G.
Summary: After much consideration as to whose side he should fight on, Boyo decides to swoop down toward the back of the crocodile's skull, hooves aimed at his brain and attempts to pierce the hide or cause the bone structure to cave and in doing so he hopes to cause some brain damage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Boy - 09-29-2015, 12:40 AM