the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
LACE
Turn the page I need to see something new

His presence had a purpose, meaning, thought. There was a pattern to these appearing lands and the fights, and he had to understand it. It was for this reason he had begun to gather kindred spirits, collecting souls like a jeweler picked out gems from a pile of rubble.

They would be a neutral force within this realm. A herd above the rest, outside the laws of gods, equal in their intent and purpose. To act for the good of Helovia, that was his aim, his dream, his goal as he raced across the shimmering sand, fulfilled in his desire to make a difference.

He was not a perfect man, and had never been. Mistakes and failure littered the path of his past, and perhaps that was why he believed himself worthy to lead others towards a better future. Because he was flawed, because he had failed, he knew the feeling of despair, of anger, of powerlessness and defeat. He carried his years with stoic resignation that fed a new kind of resolve, to do what he could to ensure that others were granted a better life, a second chance, a fair trial. If he could rise above the past and learn from it, maybe others would be able to do the same.

And so he ran towards the battle, intent upon nothing but to defend that which, in his eyes, made up this realm of Helovia he had come to love as home. To fight for its gods, all the lands these gods sheltered beneath their wings, to protect every soul that lived and breathed within these borders.

That made the Crocodile an enemy. Didn't it?

Lace summoned the burning sun and sent it ahead of himself as he threw himself into the fray. With intent and purpose he made his way forth to the flickering, shimmering chameleon intruder and spun around at the last moment, kicking out with his hind legs towards the rear legs that had appeared for a fraction of a second, to his black-stained eyes clearly visible as a monstrous skeleton in a world of black and white and more skeletons. Prepared to avoid retaliation he stole a quick look around, and gave up a startled shout as he found himself side by side with none other than his own son.

"Cathun! Be careful, boy!"

It made him proud to see the boy fight, even though as a father he couldn't help but worry for the safety of his flesh and blood. Lace decided to remain in the vicinity of the colt, ready to protect him if it would prove necessary. After all, wasn't that what fathers were for?

coding by tamme | Image by patriota--studios @ DA

TEAM SUN

Kicks at the crocodiles rear end with his own rear legs. Ends up next to Cathun, and stays to protect him.

@Random Event - GLL - Lace has x-ray vision and sees everyone as skeletons
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Lace - 09-29-2015, 11:14 AM