the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

Along the curling, frothing edges of the collinear shore does Imonada travel; to her left a deceptively calm and vast sea of glittering, almost electric, blue. Her right, nigh endless fields of leveled and glassy sand that twinkles like the empress' jewels on coronation night. Deep from her chest she sings a traveler's song, some melancholy hillfolk hymn that, despite her petite size, resonates and seems to find a special vitality in the freedom of the landscape. Pearly dust coats her dancer's legs as she leaves behind a conspicuous albeit impressively neat trail of tracks, a dotted line for miles slowly being scrubbed away by the sweep of the tide.

The singing, so beautiful, her ancient tongue with its velvety burr as emerald-divine and ethereal as her maiden home far, far in eastern highlands. It never wavers; that is, until she catches sight of a blazing sandstorm. It's just that, at first really, that severs her melody like a fresh guillotine through the neck. There had been hardly a movement worthy of note for the entire day she had been skirting the coast.

Then the heavens bleed streams of molten fire; their source, a magnificent pair of seraphic wings of an ageless creature hovering through the cloud. Sunborne, a beacon of light and heat, this furious being draped in flame of gold. Her chest suddenly tightens, no scrying needed for the epiphany that grabs her bones and shakes them; this was a GOD, his presence felt intimately even from such distance. A sacred reservation tears away at her insides with igneous claws; at the same time, a flood of extraordinary reverence possesses her in the wake of destruction. She watches him only long enough to see the source of his anger, his unfathomable power primed to a single target; a prodigious mountain of a crocodile, pale scales the same eternal hue of the sand it now kicks up in a fury.

".. Wut."

An onslaught of others appear to be aiding the God against his enemy, their yells, screams, and indecipherable demands unique notes in the chaotic symphony of legend against legend. Of course, Imonada chooses to freeze up and watch a bit dazedly, trying to make sense of the scene. She'd seen a fair bit already since having crossed into Helovia, but giant lizards dueling gods was fresh and unaccounted for still.

Team NOPE.

Summary: Bystander, but relatively far away.
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Evaneska - 09-26-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - by Imonada - 09-29-2015, 02:01 PM