[OPEN] Zapdos
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
I don't

He swallowed, rough and hard. Blinked furiously against the burning sensation in the backs of his eyes. It felt like someone had set his eye sockets on fire, and crammed a hot hedgehog down his throat, only it had gotten stuck in his gullet.

It hurts

He shifted, the night air playing around his softly weeping body; yet another boil tore, spilling its gruesome burden down the marred perfection of his flank. Still, the only tears he shed were red.

"Why?" he asked softly of the moon, his voice a thick whisper fighting its way past the pain in the back of his mouth. Why this illness? Why Aviya? Why everything? What was the point of anything? Of allowing this heretic back upon a throne he had already lost once?

Wasn't that just asking for him to lose it again? Who would be next, to come with their dogs and their flame, and burn him out of his home? What monstrous creature would the next God bring forth for them to fight? Half of them had done the same greedy mistake—Mauja didn't doubt a third would come.

And whose life would be the price of the next new land? Whose heart would stop beating, whose blood would turn to dust, whose eyes to glass as the soul fled into the skies?

He closed his eyes, breathing the night air in through clenched teeth. Spark was mysterious—it didn't surprise him that it was that God who had brought the first land forth. The Moon would hardly let her brother hold an advantage over her. But Earth? Would he commit the same sin, risk the lives of Helovians in the same fashion?

(Lost in the haze of his bitterness and pain, Mauja didn't notice the iron titan creeping nearer.)

Until suddenly—

—his thoughts crashed in a shower of glass, in shock and thunder and ice, a jolt rattling all his nerves and punching the air out of his lungs. His heart skipped a beat, aching body heaving forward a few steps, and—

Oh god but that hurt—

His sides were heaving, nostrils and eyes wide, red and ugly yellow spilling from the mess along his flanks, crystal clear tears sliding in silence from blue eyes—

"Ouch," he said to her, knowing her scent across the one of sickness, knowing her in his heart. Nyx, the wolf, the sterling, the one who patrolled in the shadow of the glass—vigilant, dutiful.

"Of course I do," he replied, voice still thick and bitter, painstakingly turning his head to peer at her through the blur of his tears. "I mean, who doesn't?"

[ @Nyx @Random Event ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Zapdos - by Mauja - 09-26-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: Zapdos - by Nyx - 10-02-2015, 05:32 PM
RE: Zapdos - by Mauja - 10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: Zapdos - by Random Event - 10-07-2015, 08:28 AM
RE: Zapdos - by Nyx - 10-10-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: Zapdos - by Mauja - 10-21-2015, 03:15 AM
RE: Zapdos - by Nyx - 10-24-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Zapdos - by Mauja - 11-08-2015, 08:07 AM