the Rift

[OPEN] quarantine [disease research thread]

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

B A D G E R

I'm minding my own business, trying my best to graze without inhaling great strands of black goo, when I see a very nasty looking black cat lurking not far away. I think I recognise him from the meeting, and I flatten my ears at him as he comes closer, lifting one back hoof in warning as he brazenly invades my personal space. "Go away," I demand, giving a small whinny of discomfort - because clearly predators are going to flee if I nicely request it. But no - he comes closer, and is it my imagination or is he herding me like a stallion would herd his mares?

Well, I'm not going to stand here and ask why. With my ears still pinned, I trot away from the nasty feline, gargling tar in my throat as he snaps at my heels to move me faster. I want to kick out at him, send him flying into the nearest tree, but he seemed to belong to the healer mare who asked for permission to visit other herds about a disease cure, and she might not appreciate my treatment of her companion. Reluctantly I submit to his herding, and soon enough I see that mare - Sikeax - and the fiery white woman I recognise from the God fights. "Your companion is - ack! - not very nice," I complain. The 'ack' is due to the nasty little bastard giving one final nip at my heels, almost as though he's rubbing in the fact he has just ushered me like a furry bodyguard.

Only when I'm sure that I'm safe from a painful feline death do I let myself relax, unfurling my tense muscles and lifting my ears. I cough black tar, my nostrils flaring to try and breathe past the blockage. My herbs haven't helped, nor has the healing magic newly granted to me. When Aithniel speaks, she mentions the previous Blood Falls disease - sure enough, she is boil-ridden, like I was. "Um...I got those boils, too. They healed when I accidentally walked into a spark-creature generated by somebody in the fight. I don't know if that's related, or if it was just a coincidence?" I can barely articulate my words - I'm still quite shaken from my impromptu herding across the Throat, and I shoot a foul look at the serval.

_____

Wrote it that Hobgoblin chased him in in serval form, hope that's okay!

Messages In This Thread
quarantine [disease research thread] - by Sikeax - 09-26-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: quarantine [disease research thread] - by Badger - 09-29-2015, 04:31 PM