the Rift

[OPEN] quarantine [disease research thread]

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

Something was wrong, so very wrong, and I couldn't figure out what had happened to me. Somehow, I had contracted the sickness that had tainted several of my fellow herd members and it was torture. Miserably, I lay in the desert sands as I tried various herbs to see if any of them would help. Nothing. Not a single plant brought me any relief of the tar that oozed from my eyes, mouth and nose. My breathing wheezed with the buildup in my lungs, my sides ached from coughing to try and loosen the black slime. My vision had begun to change on me to the point where I couldn't even distinguish which plants were which. They all looked...Strange, a rainbow of colors that didn't make any sense to me. Everything glowed with a strange color, even myself and Pongo. "Pongo...I'm scared." I admitted to my companion, auds flicking back into my crown as my voice wavered slightly.

The small antelope stepped closer, tucking his legs underneath him to snuggle up against my neck. 'H-he-here.' An unfamiliar voice echoed in my mind at the same time, strange yet comforting all at once. 'P-pon-Pon-go. Here.' This time, I was met with the warm gaze of my beloved bongo, his usual dark eyes appearing to glow a red-white as he somehow managed to communicate with me telepathically. Had our connected grown that strong already? Had our bond been tied together so much that I was beginning to hear his thoughts as well as sense his emotions? "Pongo? Is that you?" The little antelope gave a dip of his muzzle, his horns bobbing as he answered my question with a definite nod 'yes'. 'Haaar. Haaaarrr. Haaaard. Hard.' As he tried to communicate with more than he was capable of yet, I could feel his frustrations rising and could see the colors in his body start to shift and I could feel his body warming up next to me.

"I know it's hard, it will get bett- wait! I know what this is...It's...temperature...I can see your heat, like a snake!" Pongo tilted his head to the side with confusion, giving me a dumbfounded look as though accusing me on being on some sort of drug. Maybe I had tried too many remedies at once...'Si-si-sick?' My muzzle dipped to answer him, slime dripping from my muzzle. "Yes, I think it's the sickness." This was amazing! Not just the weird ability to see heat, but the fact that I was actually able to listen and talk to Pongo! Just the communication alone lifted my spirits, a smile returning to my lips as I nuzzled my beloved bongo.

A sharp nip on my hip yanked me from my moment of bliss, and a surprised yelp escaping as I jerked around to see what had attacked me. A strange creature, it's shape familiar to me, sneered at me with an amused look. Quickly, I rose to my feet before the Wyvern could reach me with a swipe of his claws. "What the hell!" I barked, raising a hind leg to threaten to kick the pestering creature, only to be blocked by Pongo. 'Frie! Frie!' A single brow rose as I struggled to grasp his new words, crown tilting to the side. "Friend?" Pongo leaped into the air with my guess, bounding around the Wyvern and back to me. Skeptically, I eyed the Wyvern that was growing impatient with me, growling and baring it's teeth as a threat. "Well, what do you want?"

The small beast suddenly leaped forward to grab a mouthful of my mane, tugging sharply and forcing me to turn to his direction. "Alright, alright! I'm coming." I snapped, ears pinning back with the pain as I jerked my mane out of the companion's mouth. Pongo came to my aid, ushering the Wyvern away from me with his horns and keeping himself between us protectively. It isn't until we joined a group that I finally realized what Pongo had meant by calling the Wyvern a friend, it was Sikeax's companion. Through my strange vision, I could make out the familiar shape of Sikeax, confirmed by her scent. There was also Badger, the fellow healer that had been recently promoted. His tell-tale halter confirmed his identity, but the others did not have familiar shapes or scents to them. "Hello-" I said before my body went into a fit of coughs once again. "I am Morrigan, has there been any relief for the black tar sickness yet?"

OOC: Morri has the ability to see heat like a snake, and also Pongo is old enough to start baby talking!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
quarantine [disease research thread] - by Sikeax - 09-26-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: quarantine [disease research thread] - by Morrigan - 09-30-2015, 01:20 PM