the Rift

[OPEN] nothing is certain except for death

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

Archibald gives no mind to the tumultuous emotions that Vitani is feeling, unannounced to him. The invasion is many season past, and the girl needed to grow up and press on. Such was life. Of all the things he had taught his children, he was sure they knew this: Life goes on, with or without you. The teaching of that mindset to his boys had come before their mother's death, and Archibald could only imagine how much those words had resonated in their rib cages, standing over their mother's lifeless body as Archibald cradled it. Even in his mourning, however, the Dauntless had lowered his head and pressed on in life.

Death had not stopped him completely.

Golden eyes watched the two young girls, moving slowly and calculatedly between them. The warlord was a master at taking in and processing unspoken information, having to do so in battle more times than any of those gathered here could count at this point. The call of the harpy above him in the sky made his ears twitch some, and he lifted golden eyes and massive head to see the circling bird. It was familiar to him, but not in the way it was to his precious Macaria. The Dauntless knew it was the companion of his dappled son--he had seen it in the Dragon's Throat. Reginald was near, and Archibald nodded to himself. His son would be welcome in these lands, should his intentions remain...calm, save for a lack of words. While blood ran thicker than alliances, Archibald would not risk the safety of his herd. Should Reginald bring danger to these borders, the Dauntless would face it as the warhammer he was.

The presence of the crying raptor brought Macaria to his side, warm salty tears soaking his shoulder. The feeling was more familiar to Archibald than the girl knew, and he reached down to gently rub along her spine and withers. "It's okay, darling. They will come." He whispered, lifting his muzzle to brush against her tulip ears, as delicate and comforting as he could muster. It was true, Archibald was a bull in a china shop when it came to emotion, and while he could not offer this daughter of his the maternal affection she needed, his love for her would never be mistaken.

Lifting his monstrous head once more, Archibald nodded to the muddied filly that stood with them.

Image Credits

@Reginald @Macaria @Vitani

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
nothing is certain except for death - by Macaria - 09-26-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: nothing is certain except for death - by Archibald - 11-20-2015, 10:30 AM