Enter Insanity

Seraphine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Seraphine
~My Mind's Like A Deadly Disease~

voices, voices, voices
Talk, talk talk

Seraphine walked steadily on through the forest, her body snaking easily between the thick trunked trees. Her nose was pressed to the ground, her nostrils sniffing and flaring much like a hunting hound. She was on the hunt. Her senses had smelled a deer miles from where she was now and she had been tracking it ever since. The mare had been so preoccupied with her game of cat and mouse that she had missed the fact that she was in a whole other world completely. Still she kept on. Her horn was tilted towards the ground as she sniffed her way along, picking up the debris from the floor of the terrain. Her tail snapped against her in excited bouts, echoing across the silence. Then she paused. The scent was much stronger now, the deer was close. 

The mare lifted her head and allowed her icy gaze to survey the surroundings. You're lost. Seraphine knew that the voices were right, she did not know this land that she now found herself. But the burning in her throat, the thirst that never went away, it did not allow her to ponder on this fact for too long. Her ears caught the gentle snap of a twig and her head shot eastward to see the form of a doe. The mare's excitement got the best of her and she went careening through the brush without a thought. The deer was smarter than her though and it quickly bounced away from her charge. Seraphine snorted an angry puff into the quite air. Then she averted her gaze to a branch just above her head level. There sat a small, grey, squirrel that watched her with laughing eyes. It chattered at the mare. He's laughing at you! Seraphine's ears snapped back to her neck. She would tolerate no judgement from some cuddly woodland creature!

With a quick lunge the mare was off her feet, teeth snapping into the air to catch the tiny creature from its perch. She let it scramble in her mouth for a moment, its tiny claws leaving marks along her chin. Then she snapped her teeth shut, breaking the animal so that it hung limply in her grasp. She set the body down, eating the creature in pieces. Allowing her thirst to be quenched, though she knew that it would not last for long. Crimson stained her white painted lips and her pupils were dilated more than normal, she looked like a feral beast more than some normal equine. 

With her belly filled the mare allowed herself to look around. The trees were dense and she could not sense another being here. She wondered if there were horses in this land. She would be distraught if there weren't. They were her favorite toys after all. She thought about sending out a call, to see if anyone answered. Instead she decided she didn't care. If she were to meet another equine out in these woods it would be made to happen by fate itself, not her. 

So Seraphine began to walk. To no where in particular, so her steps were idle and calm. The birds sung to her and it quickly got a melody stuck in her head. The creature swayed with her steps and could be said to possibly be doing a 'jig'. Oh, I once knew a stallion from Elrand... Seraphine smiled. She loved that song.  His coat was as white as the snow! Her voice was velvety and loud, creating a haunting tune to go with the bird's sweet song. But when he asked me for my hand... I knew that that stud had to go. So i lured him to my land... And made sure that he breathed no mo-!  oh the blood ran and it ran... When I stuck his head on a pole. By now the mare was laughing hysterically, unable to push out anymore of the mediocre song that she and the voices had composed. Her laughter rippled across the silent air, splitting it like a knife thrown into a mirror.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Every time I almost die, I feel so alive. Why would I ever want to be more careful?
Ah, the Threshold. A place of new beginnings, where stories unfurled fresh pages for new chapters. Birdsong provided an incredible backdrop for those seeking shelter and safe haven. The midnight princess walked along, cloven hooves delicate and graceful, other than the infrequent slip of a step in the slick mud that floored the forest. Her coat flashed in the dapples of sunlight, shining brilliant blues and sapphires, marred only by white remnants of stars. White waves fluttered softly over the sloped nape of her neck. Ki'irha loved walking through the Threshold, enjoying it's views and silence, with the occasional new name and face she would cross paths with.

The forest sang it's song, a choir of birds and squirrels and the leaves rustling in the warm breeze. She hummed a song from her childhood, a song she couldn't quite remember the words to. A single blue ear rotated, catching a voice on the wind. Turning her head, the voice echoed into both ears. She tilted her head, sterling eyes scanning her surroundings, looking for the source of the singing through the gaps in the trees. Moving forward, with a destination to her wanderings, she approached. Tentative and guarded, she was careful to avoid a noisy upset of sticks and leaves to betray her location.

She stopped, still hidden in the shadows of the trees, and before her walked a dame she did not recogize. The blue roan, a mare, sang a song not totally foreign to the cobalt mare's ears. Well, the tune at least, the words were a bit twisted, even for her liking. She was crowned with a dangerous white blade, and blood lingered on her lips, and her song was a haunting melody. The unicorn fae then burse into wild laughter. An eyebrow cocked as the corporal watched the stranger. After several minutes she cleared her throat, and called out.

"Hello, darling!"Her voice was like silk, but warm and friendly. She did not fear the girl she shared the forest with. She could defend herself properly if the need arose. The laughter of the girl did make her a bit uneasy, but wandering through this wood could make anyone a bit mad.
"Welcome to Helovia. Though, I may say, you seem to rest here easy. Perhaps you may share your name?" She came to a stop several strides away, leaning back and cocking a hoof. "I heard your song, it sounds like an old memory. I couldn't help but follow it."

A new chapter in a book was beginning this day. Perhaps the midnight warrior could help form the words.

"Talk?"
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered

Seraphine

voices, voices, voices
Talk, talk talk 

As Seraphine chanted out her strange musical a sound broke her from her trance-like state. An equine had coughed and called to her. Hello Darling. The mare's head shot upwards, ears perked forward. Her glassy orbs scanned the horizon and finally landed on an ebony pelted mare.  Shiny!  The voices were right, this mare who spoke to her did seem to have sparkling stars dancing along her pelt. Seraphine was far too distracted by her looks to be her normal cynical self. Well, a howdy doody to you as well, star mare. As the roan mare breathed out her last word a hint of the blood that she had ingested got stuck between her lips, creating a crimson colored spit bubble that popped with a snap. At this small display the mare began to giggle incessantly.

Be polite! The voices hissed at her. The fact that they were telling her to be kind was a bit odd to the mare and she flipped her ears backward at the invisible speakers. I am being polite! The girl huffed then averted her attention back to the sky covered equine that spoke to her once more. She welcomed Seraphine to a place called Helovia, which is what this land must be. Helovia. Yes. I was chasing after a deer and was too distracted to notice that I had been spat out into another land all together.... I can be a little frazzled sometimes. The mare shook her head back and forth, shaking the voices inside her brain like dice in a box, to prove her point. Though she took the point a bit too far and made herself dizzy, the tall creature slightly wobbling in her stance. 

The night creature then asked Seraphine if she would share her name. A name, a name. What's in a name? The words were slid out in a sing-song fashion, the mare's head bobbing along as if to a tune. Consonants. The mare nodded her head along with the voices. Smiling her sharp-toothed grin. And vowels! Seraphine laughed hysterically once more, looking to the other mare to see if she had gotten the silent joke. When the rolls of laughter died out to short bursts of giggles Seraphine once more turned her attention to her companion. Name's Seraphine, star girl. She gave a short and violent tip of her head as a curtsey. The ebony mare spoke once more, commenting on Seraphine's song. A wicked smile twisted the mare's crimson-stained lips. She adored that song and favored anyone who took notice of it.

Seraphine tilted her head back. Smiling at the memory of taking the life from the damned stallion who felt as if he had the right to control her. Seraphine tipped her head back down so that she was once again looking at the other mare and noticed that she had come closer. The beast sent out her snout towards the other creature, wanting to touch the stars that lined her pelt. She had heard that the stars in the sky were hot and wondered if those markings would burn her if she were to touch them. Before Seraphine came even a significant amount closer to the star painted equine she recoiled away, snorting heavily. Seraphine snapped her tail loudly against her rump and back legs. Stop that! The mare rolled her eyes at the voices. She would do what she wanted. But she didn't want to touch this mare. It had been ages since she actually felt another equine's pelt, unless it was to tear into it and feast, and she wasn't about to start that now.

Seraphine straightened her stance, cocking her ears towards the mare in front of her, her gaze returning to a colder state. And what brings you here to these forsaken trees. Into my presence? She tilted her head slightly to the creature, watching her. It seemed as if the other mare knew this terrain well and she certainly knew of this land. Her being here was no accident. Seraphine wondered if she had traipsed onto this mare's land by accident and wondered if she would try to punish her for it. Let her try! Seraphine snorted as an answer, awaiting the night-colored mare to reply.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
He found himself wondering through the threshold once again. His body crept through the shadowing trees as the demons danced on his scared muscled body. His legs carried him like a ghost with a smooth stride of his trot. His neck always arched and rippling with muscles in his thick Andalusian crest. The trees were nothing but dead bodies growing from the ground that their carcass was rotting on. So although the trees were filled with such life, Nox always felt at home with the morbid thoughts of death around him. That is why he always hid in the trees among the souls he would soon rule in hell. His heavily horned skull rose with the sound of creatures speaking. He decided to follow as the daemon in his head sung a sweet song to him.

Upon arriving close to where the voices spoke he soon weeded out the sound of two mares. One was a softer tone and the other one, well lets say she might have taken too many rides on the crazy train. He slowed into a creeping walk as he came to the brush surrounding the two mares. He stood watching a star filled mare named Ki'irha and the other did not speak of her name. Instead she giggled and sung with a crazed feel to her personality. Nox thought something had to not be right with this soul, but he stayed and watched. His gray cold eyes peered thought the brush questioning if he should show his face. Then the mare spoke like the mad hatter, (Someone ate a little too much lead and mercury as a child) her name finally christened her maw.  Seraphine, so the lady has a name at least, or knows what a name is. He watched the night colored mare to see what reaction she would have to the questions asked by the crazy one. His emerald glistened when a sun ray finally broke through his shadow, then he knew he had to show him self. A sigh left his mouth as he muscled body stepped from the shadows, like a monster creeping from the closet. His stone cold eye peered through the darkness first, before the rest of his body was seen. This his rippling muscles grew from the shadow revealing a scared onyx pelt with large demonic horn towering above his skull. The emerald sparkled and shined as the rays of sun bounced off of each movement. His body went to a halt next to the star colored mare, he dipped his head to say hello to her realizing she smelled of icy frost. She was from the Basin, He whispered softly in her ear so only she could know what he was saying, but his movement was like he was looking to the trees near them so the crazy one would not notice it."I need some of what she is smoking..." a soft chuckle came from his maw as he looked back to the crazy mare with a smile. His maw flooded with false kindness, as he had to be kind to recruit anyone to the Basin. Then he wondered if he really wanted to see this creature every day, but he shook that thought quickly as he spoke again with a deep Latin accent "Hello all, i heard the introductions, I am Mortuus Nox, you may call me Nox. Pleasure to meet you. I come from the Basin, I know you were speaking to the beautiful star covered mare but i am sure she is here to recruit for the Basin like I am. Correct me if i am wrong please." He looked back to Ki'irha with a smile to see what she would say.
Image Credits!

@Seraphine  @Ki'irha.

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Seraphine has contracted GLL.
Mortuus Nox's immunity fails and he contracts GLL.

Noella
I
Every time I almost die, I feel so alive. Why would I ever want to be more careful?
Star mare. That had a nice ring to it, and a smile tugged at the corner of her mouth, but disappeared as the dame rambled on, as if talking to an invisible being. The starry girl looked over her shoulder, making sure they were alone and no one had snuck in unnoticed.

"Hm, yes, wandering around this place for too long can leave anyone a bit scattered. Though, I can assure you there is no need to chase the deer here. They are harmless, at least to the best of my knowledge." She listened attentively, mind trying to work out the girl who stood before her. And, the rambling continued, and more laughter ensued. Ki'irha tipped her head to the side, eyebrow rising again. "Well, Seraphine, it is lovely to meet you." She maintained her politeness, though she questioned whether continuing a conversation with this mare was a good idea. "I am called-"

Suddenly and without provocation, the other unicorn thrust herself at the blue girl. Ki'irha shied backwards, a surprised snort escaping her. She dropped her head down, ears flat back, silvers dark and stormy. This stranger was unpredictable, and the warrior's blade was poised and ready. "Easy, friend," she breathed, hoping her warning would spare bloodshed. But as quickly as it had began, it was over, as the crowned fae recoiled and danced away. Ki'irha straightened up, relaxing noticeably, but still tense and ready to strike. Seraphine continued with her questions but before she could answer, another joined their meeting.

The stag looked familiar, though the corporal couldn't quite place him. He sauntered in, carefree in his gate, sharing a rude comment with her about the newcomer. She scowled as he spoke, tail twitching with agitation. Her ears flicked back. She was growing impatient, and his bluntness was unwelcomed.  "Well, Nox, I must say the pleasure is all mine."Silver eyes looked him over. He was handsome, for sure, there was no denying that. But there was something about the stallion that didn't rest well with her. Oh well. Today was not the day for that.

Returning her gaze to the new girl, she saw icy eyes roll before letting out a snort. Perhaps she agreed with Ki'irha's unspoken thought. Sterling eyes fluttered closed and she took a deep breath, composing herself, before opening them and continuing. "I was hoping to make the question happen a bit more naturally, but yes, Nox is right. I did plan on extending an invitation to you. The Basin is a wonderful place, filled with those like us, with the occasional hybrid. Though we are all crowned, we do have a hierarchy made up of a proud military, skilled healers and crafters, and knowledgeable sleuths. And our lords and lady lead us proudly." She lifted her sculpted head, slightly haughty in her next words. "I myself am a corporal. And I am called Ki'irha, though Star Girl does sound lovely."

She could not imagine how the crazed girl before he would fit into the Basin. But she had been surprised before. Who was she to judge? "So, what do you say? Care to join me, us, on our way back to the Aurora Basin?" She fell silent, and let the air clear out and leave room for an answer.

"Talk?"
OOC// sorry for the wait! I figure maybe we can run through one more cycle, then I can post a welcoming thread in the Basin for your girl!
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Unregistered

Seraphine

voices, voices, voices
Talk, talk talk 

Seraphine's ears tipped to the night coated mare as she once more began to talk. As the stranger's words left her mouth the roan began to giggle. Rolls of laughter shaking her stomach as her eyes closed in honest enjoyment. She...She thinks that we.... That we were AFRAID of the deer? The voices laughed along with Seraphine, the break from speaking lasting a few minutes at the least. I... I wasn't afraid of the deer. At that the beast licked her crimson-stained lips. She was still rather upset about missing out on the feast that the deer would have provided. But still she got the quick snack that was the squirrel that had chided her. He was a reasonable kill, enough to satisfy the thirst that was never truly satisfied. He satisfied it enough that when Seraphine looked at the starry mare she did not yearn to did her fangs into her flanks and tear at her sweet flesh. An action that tended to scare off other horses. And to the mare's surprise she was somewhat glad that this constellation velveted creature had not run from her crazed ramblings.

The stranger then said that it was lovely to meet Seraphine and a slight choked laugh escaped the mare before she put it away. Lovely? Few have said that. Seraphine nodded to the voices. They were correct, it had been ages since any equine had commented on the goodness of meeting Seraphine. Few have had the chance. Another true statement. Far too often Seraphine's teeth were wrapped around any equine's throat before they could say anything to her about anything. Just as the star coated mare began to speak her name was when Seraphine chose to try and touch one of the creature's markings. As the roan did this the other creature shied away, tilting her daggered horn down towards Seraphine. The mare tilted her head at the scene. She had never been afraid of any equine and hse wasn't about to start, though the scrappy little mare looked as if she could hold her own. Seraphine flicked her ears upwards and tried to look as unmenacing as she could, a hard task. I meant no harm star mare. They just wanted to know if your stars would burn. The sun burns you know? The beast smiled, allowing sharpened teeth to show, as if speaking of the voices in her head was normal. 

At that moment an obsidian stallion strode into the clearing with the two mares, taking a side close to the smaller mare. He introduced himself and mentioned that both he and the other mare were there to recruit for their herd land. Yet all of this fell past deaf ears. He had called the shining mare beautiful. Seraphine snorted hotly. As she did so she noticed a strange black substance dripped from her nostrils. But that was something to think about another time. Seraphine would have called that mare beautiful, could have. She just hadn't yet. And there that disgusting stallion had done it and stolen her thunder. A whispered growl erupted from the creature's throat as she listened to the end of her speech, though she did not ordain it with an answer. Oh shut up! She spoke to the sky, making it known that her outburst was not for either creature in her presence. Though it could have very well been towards the stallion that had taken her moment. 

As the starry mare began to speak Seraphine looked at her, ears coming back to a content-forward position. Seraphine was admittedly surprised by the creature's words. The star backed mare invited an invitation for the creature to join her herd, The Basin. The beast hummed out a few lines of laughter and shook her head, ears falling sideways.  Oh no no. You... You don't want me to join your herd....She knew from experience that she was never wanted. Seraphine had tried to live with others, after her disease had taken over her mind. But she had never been accepted. She had once even vowed to stop her cannibalistic ways, choosing only to feast on the meat of small woodland creatures. Even that did not work. She was too mad. Too whacked in the head to ever make it as a herd member. Though a part deep inside of her remembered what it was like when she was a child to live in a herd that actually cared for her, didn't treat her like a monster, and she longed for that to occur again. She would never admit that to anyone though, she barely admitted it to herself. Do you? If this mare assured Seraphine that she was wanted, at least for a moment, she would give this a try. Not her fault if it all went to shit. 

The star mare then announced that she was a corporal in her land, mentioning that her name was Ki'irha. It was an odd calling that Seraphine could not imagine rolling off her tongue quite the way that Star Girl did. Star Girl it is then... Corporal Star Girl. The mare snickered slightly at her own joke and gave the other mare a sheepish grin. 

OOC// That sounds good to me!
@Ki'irha
@Mortuus Nox
@Random Event

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
As the bitchy mares stood there speaking he watched as the star covered mare snapped at him. His ears pinned slightly looking at her, He knew something was wrong with this mare. She was like him, but worse. His daemon told him to kill her, kill that bitch where she stands she would be a disease to the heard. His cold gray eyes looked her over as they stood there. The look of a dead man fell over his face as the black leaked from his eyes blending with his pelt. Then his thick muscled body grew tense watching over the babbling mares. They asked questions to each other, and ignored his presence almost. The Daemon spoke "Occidere, Iacta illam mortuam Mortuus" His stone eyes gazed over the crazed mare feeling the odd energy she was putting off. He shook his towering horns moving the long black tresses over the front of his skull. He did not want to take this mare home with him, he would not be the one to say he found her, no.

Then his eyes snapped back to the girl as she screamed shut up to the sky, his ears pinned back snapping at the bitch with Latin tines "Dic quid vultis mihi clausa tibi aptum canis. Dabo tibi cum servaveris eam in locum tuum, ne me temptatis" He never took a step towards the other mare, but made it clear he was not happy with her. As the black dripped down his face he looked to the star colored mare still hot blooded, but calming down."I don't think bringing back this disease that it looks like we have contracted to the Basin is a very good idea. We need to be healed first, because I refuse to damage out herd with this black infection that is plaguing us. We need to stay strong with all the odd magic that is happening from the Rift, the Basin does not need a plague running through it." His voice showed concern for their herd and if the star covered mare was the Corporal she should understand where he is coming from with this thought. His eyes glared over at the bitch standing across from him. His muscles still tensed under his scare laced pelt. He was not returning home with his black shit leaking from him, he was going to get cured first then return to his home. The daemon inside him still spat commands at him to kill the bitch, but he ignored it hoping this mare would not follow them, or the star covered one anywhere.

-Kill her Drop her Dead Mortuus

-How dare you tell me to shut up, you, you good for nothing bitch. I will put you in your place if you keep it up , don't tempt me

OOC:: He wants to get them all cured before they go to the Basin, for he does not want to spread this GGL

Image Credits!

@Seraphine @Ki'irha

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Noella
Perhaps this had been a bad idea. This girl seemed wild, and untamed wasn’t even the correct word for something that seemed so deranged and crazed. Did the warrior really want to unleash this girl in the Basin? Would her home be safe from the madness that was Seraphine?

Her head tipped to the side, and she forced the scowl and concern from her face. The unicorn stranger spoke of her markings, comparing them to the stars. “No harm taken. I never knew the stars burned, though I can believe it. But no need to wonder, my coat is just like yours. No searing heat here.” As Ki’irha looked on, she noticed a worrying sight. Gradually, but just as sudden as an unpredicted storm, she noticed black begin to rim the newcomer’s nostrils. The blue girl snorted, stomping a cloven foot. The softest pang of guilt tore into her stomach. Had she passed this along? The star girl had recently been cured of this disease, but perhaps some of it still clung to her.

Her concern over the black, however, was quickly interrupted by the sudden explosion of emotion and argument. Seraphine’s sudden outburst set off the black stag. His words were foreign, but lost any allure with the obvious distaste and anger that dripped from them.  The corporal stepped forward. Her face became calm, and she cast her stormy gaze between the two. “Be calm, my friend,” she murmurmed to her comrade, Speak “There is no need to fight. We do not know what we are dealing with .” Her words were easy, but firm, leaving no room for argument. She turned her head back to the stranger, a smile touching upon her face yet again.

“I would not have extended the invitation if I did not mean it. I think you would find sanctuary in the Basin, and find a place where you would not be cast away, but instead welcomed. But-“ her voice changed, rimmed with sternness and warning, “-If you come to our home and cause any problems, or disrespect our family, you will find yourself where you began – on the outside. Only I can promise you the Frostbreath Steppe is much more inhospitable than any place you may know.” She did not want to scare the girl, only give warning. Outbursts and disrespect where not going to be tolerated easily by those who lived among her family.

She resumed her previous warmness when the stranger called her corporal star girl. But the buck was right. They needed to be healed before they came to the Basin. She nodded solemnly, knowing it would be difficult to find another who would heal them. She herself had enough difficulty in finding one to cure her ailments, and she nearly ruined it with her lack of tolerance for those different than her. “You are right, Nox. Both of you should receive healing, as this is the last thing I want to sweep through our herd. There is a painted buck, with great wings, who helped me. You must look past any differences if you wish to find relief from this plague. Though, I must encourage you to make haste, as once the black takes hold, it will change you and drive you mad.” She shivered, despite the heat, her mind flashing back to her father’s hate and her inability to think or fight the rage that burned inside her. “You may find another who can help, but he is who healed me. Take care of Seraphine, she is part of our family now. And Seraphine, darling, try to learn as much as you can from him. It may make your transition a bit easier.”  

She stepped back and turned, making her exit from this meeting. “I will be waiting for you in the Basin, and I will have one of our leads present to make your acceptance official. Travel safe, I will see you when you return.”

With that she retreated into the tall trees, disappearing as quickly as she had appeared. She knew the two would learn from each other. That, or they would rip each other to pieces before the sun rose again.

Speak
OOC// Sorry, I had a major test this week. But here is Ki’irha’s conclusion in this post! Ki’irha has already been healed, so she will meet the both of you in the AB when you guys are all set. I’ll have a welcoming post up soon so you guys can hop in whenever you’re ready.
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo