the Rift

[PRIVATE] we jumped, never asking why

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave

She had been meaning to talk to him after the meeting with the warriors. She hadn't stopped him then because his anger would have barred her words anyway. Besides, he deserved that anger, then, she hadn't wanted to take it from him or fight with him over it. She didn't want to lose him though, so she knew there was a very small window through which she could reach him again. The herd meeting had been her original hope, but he'd come late and well then she'd been deserving of anger.

Today, she thought with a certain solidarity when she woke up with the dawn. She had been scouring the sands for the ashy boy, but the Throat was large, and other duties at times interrupted her. She even started to wonder if he was still within the land - but his presence at the gathering gave her hope he hadn't left them entirely.

That's when Ampere remembered Feusohm. Maybe she'd always had the thought int he back of her mind and just wanted to try the old fashioned way, the way that took effort and skill and knowledge of someone to find them. Maybe she just didn't know enough to manage though, maybe she wasn't capable, but the try had been there, damnit. Still, she had to find him, today.
Reaching back with the fingers of her electric magic, Ampere pulled the bone-made blade from its sheath by her wings. The once magnificent monster, now reduce to a sloping dagger, stared back at her expectantly as electricity moved through it, holding it airborne as she scrutinized. "Find Cathun," she whispered to it, and in response the tip of the blade tilted, a long finger probing the distance where the fire child wandered. Dark lips smiled weakly and Ampere set out through the sands, following Feusohm's reliable guidance.

By the time Ampere saw him, he was not alone, which gave her hope. Particularly when Ampere saw who it was he was talking to. If Ranjiri was anything like the mare she showed herself to be at the herd meeting, then Ampere knew she was more than capable at saving a life. She still had to try though, she owed that much to him, and she wouldn't rest otherwise. Pulling in a deep breath Ampere moved on, careful not to draw too much attention to herself and interrupt them as she approached.

The conversation carried over, low and troubled, even more so with what bits were said that Ampere caught. Megaera? Ampere wondered to herself, remembering again what Cathun had shouted at her that day. She remembered too how easily the SunSpear had turned upon her at a moment's notice and on little more than empty words. Ampere's lips fell into a deep frown.

"No," Ampere murmured at last as she ghosted to a halt near them, still hesitant to fully join them when it seemed so... private. "I don't think you a coward. Fear has it's role in life, and I am often afraid." She tilted her head, her features gentle but lined with a confusion and a hurt she'd been unable to shake since the meeting. "I just think you're untrained, like most the rest of them. I did not mean to wound you, Cathun, just to rile you, as I'm sure Megaera did when she said whatever it was she said." A last attempt at defending a mare she'd thought honorable, but it was becoming more and more difficult.

I wish I could make it easy, easy to love me
a M P E R E
Looking for the right words to say, feels like I'm drowning

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-27-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ampere - 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ampere - 09-28-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-29-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-30-2015, 01:31 PM