the Rift

[PRIVATE] we jumped, never asking why

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"She said that your father was some important person, that you're some kind of desert princess or whatever and that I should have died before letting you get hurt."

What? What?!

He should have died before letting me get hurt? Desert princess? When did I become some important desert princess? I snorted and stared at Cathun, a frown firmly in place on my face. "That's ridiculous." I murmured. Since when did one individual hold more importance over someone else? When did my life start to matter any more than Cathun's? Why was I suddenly so important just because my dad was Midas the Gallant? I sure wasn't that important before he died.

"The way she said it I thought you had died for sure, and I... I really thought you had..."

The way he said it made my heart ache and I couldn't stop myself from moving closer to him. I couldn't stop myself from reaching out to touch my muzzle against his neck. I breathed softly against his flesh, moved my muzzle from his neck to his cheek and nudged him. "I'm not dead." I said softly. And I guess I felt like I owed him some kind of explanation since Megaera brought up my father, so I withdrew my muzzle and sidestepped closer to Cathun. "My dad used to be the Dragon's Throat Sultan." I said. "But that doesn't make me a desert princess. It doesn't make me more important than anyone else that calls this island home." I looked over at my fiery friend and snorted softly. "And if you decide to die for me I'll make your afterlife a living hell."

It was only a few seconds later that I heard Ampere's voice. I stepped away from Cathun and turned to face the gladiator as she touched on a subject that I didn't know about. I couldn't speak on his being untrained, but I could agree with Ampere that fear was a part of life and I understood why Cathun was so scared. He had a constant reminder of how finite his time was hanging there around his neck. "I don't think you're a coward." I said evenly. "I think you're very brave. If you were a coward you wouldn't be looking for a way to fix that necklace. You'd have taken the coward's way out and ended it already."

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-27-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ampere - 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Ranjiri - 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: we jumped, never asking why - by Cathun - 09-28-2015, 08:58 PM