[OPEN] delightful, delirious

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N
if you wanna break these walls down
you're gonna get bruised

She had unknowingly cycled through the five stages of grief. The denial, depression, bargaining, all of it. It had taken some time to get through her anger, but she had made it. She made it and now she was thriving in her new normal. She saw the colors, but they no longer forced her into a head-splitting migraine. At last, she had accepted them. They caused her no pain, but they costed her her sight. She saw little but the colors, but this didn't bother her much anymore.

The loss of her vision came with the heightening of her other senses. Now that she wasn't so focused on drowning out the colors, she could hear sounds she had never known before, feel deeper, smell further. Now that she thought about it, the colors had a simplistic beauty about them that she regretted not appreciating sooner. They weren't conventional, but that didn't mean they were bad. This idea was one she was still trying to get used to, but she could only adjust so much at one time.

Thinking about nonconventional ideas prompted her thoughts to drift to a certain night on the beach. She remembered little of it, for she was deep in a depressed haze then. Nonetheless, the hybrid stallion had comforted her in a time of need. Though she was unsure of what would come of their friendship, she was pleased to know someone cared for her and could accept her with her illness.

A smile graced her lips. She was sick, but she could still be herself. She was still herself - that didn't have to change. In fact, she was revitalized, a better version of herself because she could smile again. She sprung into the field she knew so well, the one she had first discovered she was sick in. It was beautiful this time of year. She wanted to frolic through it, but her lungs would give out if she tried. They still caused her pain. So she simply walked through the field, looking at sounds and reveling in birdsong's sunshine, for once feeling satisfied to be who she was - someone who just exists.

@Miykael :3

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

Eliana had left him.

Abandoned him for reasons even he could get behind. Perhaps it is foolish to try to eradicate the disease on his own, foolish to try and help everyone he can find in all of Helovia. The problem is, he knows he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he let anyone suffer when he knew the cure - or at least, a cure. His magic had worked on the illness, lifting the affliction from an individual with only marginal effort. Miykael suffers for his magic, taking on some of their pain each time he heals. In the thistle meadow he'd healed several in a rather rapid succession. Turns out, that isn't the smartest thing he's ever done. It almost sent him spiraling into darkness, lost to the very world he was trying to fix - no matter how temporary it would have been.

From there he found another one along the shore of the endless blue. Thankfully, just one; though he would have helped more if they'd been there. Miykael took the opportunity to socialize and, perhaps more importantly, rest. Dancing across the sandy shore, delighting in the feel of the waves washing over his hooves and retreating in an endless cycle. It had helped to rejuvenate him, though not enough to erase his afflictions entirely. The searing, pulsing, throbbing pain in his head is once again subsiding - dulling to a much more tolerable level. Yet the irritation in his throat remains; persistent but also increasing. It was steadily growing worse.

In the back of his mind it dawns on him that he's caught the illness, too and soon he, too, would have black tar marring his handsome golden face. For Miykael, it is all worth it. Him getting sick or hurt has no level of importance in his mind. His life - despite his companion or his children - is irrelevant to him. So with a few hard thrusts of his wings, he rises into the air and soars back towards home.

His blue eyes watch the ground as he passes by, always on the lookout for individuals on the off chance that they, too, had the disease. But things were relatively quiet. The world passing by beneath him is nearly empty. He passes over the Edge, his thoughts drifting to Alysanne and their daughter, Naerys. He hoped they'd escaped this awful disease but knew that, in his current state, dropping in on his old herd wasn't likely to be welcome. Instead, he continues on by, heading back to the Falls.

As the Falls become visible, however, his heart pulls him onward - towards the golden fields just above. The golden fields remind him of his birth home, of his youth with his parents (until he died at the hooves of the greedy bachelor herd). Perhaps the illness had a struck a chord in his heart, stirring a longing in him for a place and time long gone. He could ignore it and go home to the Falls but it wouldn't cause any harm to take the detour. So the pegasus soars and glides in for a gentle landing, the golden grasses sweeping against his dark legs. The sensation brings a gentle, warm smile to his face and for a moment his eyelids slide closed over his sky blue eyes.

That's when he hears her; a shuffling amongst the grasses while he stood still. Tucking his large white wings against his sides, his eyes snapping open to scan his surroundings. The tickle in his throat was growing worse; or, rather, changing. His throat now feels lumpy and his lungs wet and heavy, causing his breathing to come more ragged. The black ooze hadn't started yet but he knew it was coming. His blue gaze lands on her, the pale mare with the horn, and her illness is clear - stark against the brightness of her coat. He moves towards her then, easing forward carefully to avoid spooking her. "Hello." he begins, his voice deep and warm - roughened slightly from the illness. "This may sound strange... but... I can help you."

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Eden
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

prissy

E D E N
you're gonna get bruised

Orange. Orange, resonating in her vision like ripples in a pond. It brought hope to her heart, and a smile to her lips. She mulled over who it could be, mentally flipping through the faces she had come across in her time. When she turned to see who it was, she found a new face to add to her mental contact list. He was draped in gold, black, and patches of white.

Eden flicked an ear towards the unfamiliar stallion, the rest of her body shortly following until she was turned completely towards him. She smiled as he approached, not even thinking twice about the wings upon his shoulder. If their meeting had happened a month, no, even a week before then she would have shied away from the feathers. As all the species of Helovia had battled gods and diseases she felt united with them. They were all the same on the inside, just trying to live and love before they kissed the angel of death.

So the pale mare gave the stallion a smile as she held back a cough that could spray black goop upon him. She would hate for that to happen. Soon a deep, warm voice fell from his lips, causing a rich chestnut color to echo through her eyes. Eden gave him a nod, dipping her head and partially closing her eyes, scared to say anything that would cause the black goop to get anywhere near him.

"This may sound strange... but... I can help you."

Eden's golden eyes shot open, her head lifting and lips falling open, a bit of black goop spilling over them as she did so. She had never truly been so glad to see chestnut in her life. "How?" She stated first, a half smile on her lips. "Please, feel free to do so," Eden stated, wondering how she could repay anyone so kind to help a stranger.

@Miykael @Random Event wow I am so sorry for the wait, I got super busy all of a sudden ;-;

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

She'd seemed so happy despite the illness when he came upon her. Had it not been for the black marring the pale beauty of her face, he wouldn't have ever suspected anything was wrong with her. How fortunate, then, that this disease has such clear and obvious symptoms. The markers are easy to see but with it being so highly contagious, it's also quite difficult to avoid. Miykael could feel the familiar aches often associated with the early stages of sickness, but something else seems to be accompanying it. His hearing has grown sharper; more sensitive to the rustling of creatures in the tall grasses, more sensitive to sounds so clearly further away than he'd ever imagined possible. The change is gradual, though, and only a small portion of the future intensity.

For awhile, the two merely watch each other. Neither paying any negative attention to each other's added extremities; her horn and his wings. Miykael had never been one to fear such differences, or even notice them for that matter. Inside, he knew, everyone bleeds the same. He watches her as she nods and lowers her head, partially closing her pretty golden eyes. He wants to move closer, to lift her head up with his own and comfort her, tell her everything would be just fine but he holds back.

At my confession, though, those sweet golden eyes snap wide open and just like that she raises her head, her lips parting with her surprise. Miykael doesn't even notice the black goo spilling over her parted lips, he doesn't care to. 'How?' she asks but he only smiles in response, radiating his usual warmth and friendliness. A small smile graces her lips then, and she speaks again. "Just... try to hold still." his tells her, his voice deep and kind. He falls silent, then. His blue eyes gazing upon her face as he concentrates on his light and focuses it in her chest. The light fills her chest, encasing her lungs and Miykael holds it there; allowing the healing warmth to take away the sickness.

Then, just as quickly as it came it simply fades away - dragging more of the disease away with it. Abruptly, he turns his head away from her just before he erupts into a small coughing fit. It is a dry cough, caused by the incessant tickle in his throat. A cough that would likely change as the illness worsens deep in his chest. His pains worsen again, his chest tightening and making his breath come wheezy and shallow. As soon as the coughing subsides, he returns his gaze to the younger mare - light blue eyes seeking to meet with the sparkling gold of her eyes. "How do you feel?" he asks, even though he is fairly confident of the answer. By now, he's rather seasoned at healing this particular ailment.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Eden no need to apologize! <3
@Random Event
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

prissy

E D E N
you're gonna get bruised

Her golden gaze focused in on his looks rather than his words. It had become a habit for her to look only at a horse's words in these recent days, but she found that words were not everything. She was less quick to judge a horse by their voice than their looks, but their bodies gave way to just as many stories and characteristics as their voice. She found that singular traits could not make up an entire being, judging one on their looks or voice alone was something she regretted being guilty of doing so many times.

She took in his honey colored hide, it's white splotches and ebony points. She found tales waiting to be uncovered in his body. He seemed worn, worn to the point where he was only soft and kind. Sort of like the leather on an old boot, worn, comfortable in their fit, soft exterior.

His chestnut colored voice radiates around her vision again, instead of giving her a headache, though, it makes her feel warm. She sees a flicker of a smile cross his lips, then more chestnut. "Just... try to hold still." he tells her. She would've nodded, or exclaimed a quick thank you, but she was too worried about what would happen if she moved.

Warmth filled her chest, invigorating her essence. A flash of gold shimmers at the edge of her vision, but it fades as soon as it comes. It's briefness makes her wonder if it was there at all. Not long after the light and warmth had filled her, the stallion broke into a coughing fit. She stood wide eyed, concerned for the kind stranger. She took a step forward, but now she knew the consequences of getting too close to things she had little knowledge of.

"How do you feel?" He asks, which Eden brushes off hurriedly. She felt fine, better than fine, the colors were fading, and the cough subsiding. It was all thanks to him and he was the one who had been showing the signs of the sickness moments before.

"I feel fine - great, in fact, thank you, but what about you? Are you all right?" She questions, afraid to move any closer, for she knew that if it was more than a simple cough she could not help even if she tried.

@Miykael
@Random Event

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Eden is cured of GLL!