the Rift

[OPEN] delightful, delirious

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

She'd seemed so happy despite the illness when he came upon her. Had it not been for the black marring the pale beauty of her face, he wouldn't have ever suspected anything was wrong with her. How fortunate, then, that this disease has such clear and obvious symptoms. The markers are easy to see but with it being so highly contagious, it's also quite difficult to avoid. Miykael could feel the familiar aches often associated with the early stages of sickness, but something else seems to be accompanying it. His hearing has grown sharper; more sensitive to the rustling of creatures in the tall grasses, more sensitive to sounds so clearly further away than he'd ever imagined possible. The change is gradual, though, and only a small portion of the future intensity.

For awhile, the two merely watch each other. Neither paying any negative attention to each other's added extremities; her horn and his wings. Miykael had never been one to fear such differences, or even notice them for that matter. Inside, he knew, everyone bleeds the same. He watches her as she nods and lowers her head, partially closing her pretty golden eyes. He wants to move closer, to lift her head up with his own and comfort her, tell her everything would be just fine but he holds back.

At my confession, though, those sweet golden eyes snap wide open and just like that she raises her head, her lips parting with her surprise. Miykael doesn't even notice the black goo spilling over her parted lips, he doesn't care to. 'How?' she asks but he only smiles in response, radiating his usual warmth and friendliness. A small smile graces her lips then, and she speaks again. "Just... try to hold still." his tells her, his voice deep and kind. He falls silent, then. His blue eyes gazing upon her face as he concentrates on his light and focuses it in her chest. The light fills her chest, encasing her lungs and Miykael holds it there; allowing the healing warmth to take away the sickness.

Then, just as quickly as it came it simply fades away - dragging more of the disease away with it. Abruptly, he turns his head away from her just before he erupts into a small coughing fit. It is a dry cough, caused by the incessant tickle in his throat. A cough that would likely change as the illness worsens deep in his chest. His pains worsen again, his chest tightening and making his breath come wheezy and shallow. As soon as the coughing subsides, he returns his gaze to the younger mare - light blue eyes seeking to meet with the sparkling gold of her eyes. "How do you feel?" he asks, even though he is fairly confident of the answer. By now, he's rather seasoned at healing this particular ailment.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Eden no need to apologize! <3
@Random Event
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
delightful, delirious - by Eden - 09-27-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: delightful, delirious - by Miykael - 09-28-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: delightful, delirious - by Eden - 10-03-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: delightful, delirious - by Miykael - 10-07-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: delightful, delirious - by Eden - 10-12-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: delightful, delirious - by Random Event - 10-12-2015, 11:36 PM