the Rift

[OPEN] Wardens of Hope [Warden Recruitment]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

THE WARDEN

::| Can you hear the clarion call, it's calling out to one and all! |::

On a clear, brilliant late spring morn the sun rose swiftly to burn away the drifting mist. The dew in the grass glistened like fallen stars in the grass and drenched his feet in moisture as he picked his way across the meadow with purposeful strides. Today was the day. He had discussed back and forth with Dröm, mulled and pondered and laid out rules, guidelines and restrictions, until nothing remained but to begin.

Truly, finally begin.

As a cool breeze swept across the field and made the leaves of an ancient oak rustle and dance, Lace climbed to the top of the hill upon which it stood, Fajira soaring deftly over his head. Once before a meeting had been held here, between leaders of herds seeking alliance, justice and camaraderie. His purpose today was similar, yet the call that went out as he raised his voice in a carrying summons was not directed to herds alone.

Outcast and herdbound, warrior, healer and craftsman, leader and informant, young and old, native and newcomer, believer and atheist, all were invited to join this gathering today. Anyone who herd the call was welcome, whether to listen or ask, and those who did not know the way was guided by a small, white dragon whose glittering blue eyes seemed to laugh in the light of the sun.

Once the flow of newcomers seemed to have stopped, Lace looked up from his elevated place and smiled, directing his words to all who wished to hear them.

"Welcome" he said, with warm and carrying voice. "Thank you all for coming."

"My name is Lace the Silverthorn, bonded to Fajira the White. For a long time I have lived within these lands we call Helovia. As a vagrant outcast, as member of a herd, as leader of a herd. I have seen times of war and strife and times of peace and prosperity, seen the gods that govern our lands guide us to greatness, and to chaos. At times I have acted on their behalf, contributing to whatever cause they work for, and sometimes I have stood aside to watch and do nothing."

"Sometimes I have even turned my back on these lands and wandered elsewhere."

"Life in this Helovia is as life everywhere else in the world. Sometimes it is easy and fun, each day as bright and beautiful as this one. But sometimes storms begin to brew, and life becomes a struggle. For recognition, for understanding, for survival."

"During my years of travel I have found, too, that Helovia is unlike many other places in the world. There are forces here that directly affect the world and those who live in it. The gods are alive here, and they interact with us in ways that I have never experienced before. They, like we, exist in a balance that is reflected by the herds and lands we all protect, and I have seen that this balance is fragile."

"Through the acts of mortals and immortals alike, wars have been started, atrocities have been committed, and as a direct results the people of Helovia has suffered."

"I wish to change this."

"I want to create a land where freedom, equality and peace is not just a pipe dream. I wish to protect this fragile, easily toppled balance that exist between mortals, between gods, between herds and outcasts and every independent faction within these borders."

"Many times before have horses dreamed of a Helovia without war, but I want to turn this dream into reality. I want to make this beautiful, bountiful place into one land, one realm, one united force that exist for everyone. A place where we all are home, whether we belong to a herd or not."

He paused, gazing out across the meadow with the hope that they could recognize the honesty in his words.

"But I am just one horse. In no way am I without flaw. I, like you, have made mistakes, committed wrongs, caused pain and suffering through my actions. I alone cannot make this dream become reality, and I alone cannot make a difference."

"I need you. All of you, to help me. I stand before you here today, to ask you for aid, for guidance, for your hooves and backs, your eyes and ears and all the wisdom you have gathered throughout your lives."

"Would you stand with me, and act in order to make a difference?"

"I do not ask that you leave your homes, your friends or your families. I do not ask you to forsake your gods or love your enemies. It is not always possible to forget or forgive, no matter how much you wish for it."

"I simply ask whether you would be willing to set aside your personal differences, and cooperate in order to make this home of ours a better, safer place to live."

He shifted, blinked slowly and when he continued, his tone changed into something less formal, more familiar. Almost thoughtful.

"I confess that I haven't really decided upon what to call this thing that I want to create. It is not a herd, per say, because I own no land in which to build a base, and nor do I wish to place our hopes on any single god. The way to maintain balance is to be neutral and unbiased, to see things from every side and act in a way that benefits all. But it's not merely a group either, because it is my hope that the actions we take will spread and eventually become a mainstay within Helovia, so that it becomes a way of life, a movement rather than an organization. Indeed, I want us to protect Helovia and its inhabitants... and I suppose that would make us guardians, of a sort. Wardens, of hope and faith and life."

The dragon that circled above him chirped, a clear yet slightly annoyed sound, and the gold-marked stallion smiled as he rounded off the speech, that was growing long indeed.

"Regardless of what you choose, I hope to be able to meet you all, now and in the future, in a spirit of cooperation and renewal. Thank you for listening! If any one of you would like to know more about what I have in mind, please don't hesitate to ask. If you wish to speak to me or my fellow founder, Dröm, or any of these... these Wardens, we will gather regularly at the Ancient Rotunda in the south. If anyone need help of any kind, come to us and we will do everything in our power to aid you. Whether herd or loner, warlord or child, if your cause is honorable and just we will not hesitate to act!"

"Again, thank you! Welcome, and good fortunes be with you."

And with that he grew silent, eagerly gazing out across the meadow to see whether he had been able to waken interest in anyone.

Even if it was only one soul, it would be a beginning upon which to build a better future.

Open to all, feel free to just listen and leave, report to your herds or throw rocks and roses at him. Whichever tickles your fancy! :D If you want to join the Warden, this is the perfect place to do so!

If you wish for a private thread, please make a thread and tag Lace or Dröm in the Ancient Rotunda and we will answer as soon as we are able.

@Dröm
@Miykael
@Dragomir

@Random Event - because still GLL >.> way to help helovia yo, get everyone infected with icky disease.
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden