the Rift

[PRIVATE] oh, brother

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

I find myself rolling my eyes at her – still whining about a life that she wouldn’t even have been able to bitch about if mother and I hadn’t saved her. Sure, she likely hadn’t been treated very nicely by our herd mates, but she also could not deny that she was different – and they certainly had never hurt her, at least not in any way that was more than emotional.

She keeps going - I have a father, - but she obviously doesn’t understand the way it feels to watch someone who is supposed to be there for you walk away, without a glance over her shoulder. I don’t think my mother even noticed I had followed her, but I know that I had ached inside the further away from home we had traveled; the more deeply I understood that father and I were being abandoned.

I don’t claim to have made the proper decision that day, but I also am not sure I’d take it back. I even manage to soften towards her ever so briefly before she coldly snaps words at Erebos that sting, and incite another rolling wave of anger.

It broils, it bubbles, building in pressure as she keeps fueling it. My temples throb, hypertension occasionally making my vision hazy with the tempo of my heart; the ache only builds when she somehow goes from shouting to quietly apologizing, womanly instincts sarcastically turning the blame upon herself, as if she hadn’t just been shouting condemnation of her brothers, flames leaking from her figure.

Erebos’ voice is defiant, hurt, but even still there is a sense of defeat and acceptance to it all that I find absent in my own thoughts of the situation; that he still speaks even when she stomps away, shooting glares as if we are to blame for everything, proves that he’s probably more of a noble’s son than I am.

Glad your back, she says, like a total bitch.

All I can manage to immediately do in all my youthful hostility is to reach out with my magic, anger making the motion swift as my consciousness warps and snaps out towards her, seeking to make her trip on her stupid little hooves as she walks away. When I feel my mind slip back into myself, I find the words that fall from my lips are sharp, hateful.

"You won’t be."

I don't even know what I mean by it, turning to leave after a narrowed stare which holds steady on her for some few seconds, my lion's tail curving about in a whip like manner as I try to let all my hurt and hot feelings fall away. Reaching out to brush at Erebos' shoulder, I silently ask him to walk away with me, clinging to what friendships I had left that were not tarnished and worn by the passage of time, and the acidic nature of my tongue.

@Erebos @Aithniel
[ OOC: He tries to use his magic on her as she walks away because he's a poop. ^^ ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
oh, brother - by Rikyn - 09-29-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: oh, brother - by Aithniel - 09-29-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: oh, brother - by Erebos - 09-29-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: oh, brother - by Rikyn - 10-01-2015, 09:23 AM
RE: oh, brother - by Aithniel - 10-02-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: oh, brother - by Erebos - 10-10-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: oh, brother - by Rikyn - 10-14-2015, 10:39 AM