the Rift

[OPEN] It's Just a Question of Time

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Deception and perfection are wonderful traits
One will breed love, the other hate

She watched him breathe, the way he shifted and the look he bared in his eyes. He was certainly intimidating, his size gave him that, but there was something else… Something dark and brooding, almost vacant, maybe it was the scar on his face or the boom in his voice; the sprite couldn’t tell, but it captivated her attention and kept her listening with keen ears. She liked him, he was odd and funny, the banshee felt like she could pick at his words for hours and not get bored. The more she picked the more she knew and the more he seemed to become more like a brutish warrior who only knew how to fight; both with his body and his words. There was mirth in the sprite’s gaze as he replied to her every comment in a rumbling baritone, matching his brawny physique, that delivered the fight and the fire. She turned his words over in her mind, the challenge still in her expression ”hmm well-“ she paused, looking at the scar as he dazzled his maimed glory in the sun ”one could either think that you survived a great fiery battle … or that you’re an idiot who stuck his face into the flames” a smile appearing on her lips.

Her eyes lingered a moment longer on his face before she shrugged again ”but I suppose that’s the mystery of the great Abbadon” she laughed. The banshee dropped the topic then in favour of not wanting to be trampled on by the stallion before her because, although Ghost was a proud creature herself, she had seen the size of his feet and she needn't be deterred any more than that.

”She was, her whole life was hilarious” she returned his sarcasm with more sarcasm. Ghost never tried to hide her animosity towards her dam, she didn’t hate Seiren, but she didn’t like her either. The grey mare had never stuck around long for Ghost to grow attached, but still long enough for the dagger marked mare to isolate her daughter from the world. Still, what had Seiren done better than her? Her dam had been a cowardly warrior… Ghost had been a Czarina; she had surpassed her mother long ago. If one was talking in terms of rank that was, Ghost had nothing on her mother’s twisted desires, that, the banshee could admire.

Her new brawny friend managed to draw a laugh from her lips as they descended into talk of aspirations and dreams. Folds of silky black mane fell to one side of her face as she tilted it to emphasize her interest ”ah peace, that I never spoke of” she smiled, but soon her mind turned to recent events and the problems with the world. ”I do not think peace exists here, but moments of relief do. Much like you said” she nodded ”I agree”. Ghost had been in a battle before and knew what it felt like to be on the losing side.

The conversation turned to her then and she felt some disquiet enter her composure, yet, he had shared his feelings and perhaps she should share a little of hers. Although, his question asked her to self-evaluate and Ghost struggled to put into words her thoughts on herself. ”Quite able” she summarized shortly before pausing, thinking about it some more ”a spy is only as valuable as the information they carry.” The sprite knew the price of not knowing all too well ”though I know little of this herd so far and the spies I am meant to be serving I have not found. Which means I have to improvise a little, without knowing the herd or its ambitions, but I get to have fun investigating fellow members” she laughed, turning to look at Abaddon ”like you”.  

Finally, a look of relief filtered through Ghost’s body, other than the scar, there was nothing about the brute that looked alarmingly out of place. Still, one could never be too careful. ”Aren't we all, in one way or another” she laughed with him as he commented on the state of his mind. Though, looking at his marred face once again, she could believe that he didn't quite have all the screws in that brooding mind of his.

”You could say the world is a little... Faulty at the moment. Rifts keep appearing and evil Gods pass through them, despite our own Gods trying to stop them. Disease is also coming in with these rifts so I would recommend you remain vigilant, you may be an intimidating soldier, but I don’t think sickness really cares either way” she shivered, the thought of disease always made her skin crawl, there was nowhere to hide from disgusting boils and the like.

omg you wrote so much xD Abaddon <3
DUDE YOU LEFT YOUR BOLD TAG ON!!!
also, look at those ridiculous speech marks, damn word don't know its got its shit back to front :| I can't be arsed to change them all though lol
Himalayan Trails.flickr
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
It's Just a Question of Time - by Abaddon - 09-30-2015, 04:42 AM
RE: It's Just a Question of Time - by Ghost - 09-30-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: It's Just a Question of Time - by Abaddon - 10-03-2015, 03:14 PM