the Rift

[OPEN] It's Just a Question of Time

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Deception and perfection are wonderful traits
One will breed love, the other hate

Her ears twitched and she listened to his stout replies with great interest. A snort was dragged from her nose and a wry smile pulled onto lips. Marks of failure; she knew a thing or two about those. Perhaps everybody possessed such marks and some just wore them more brazenly than others. Ghosts were hidden, his were etched into the crevices of his face, but she found she could understand him or at least the feeling. She doesn’t linger on the new piece of information long as she watches him rumble with dark laughter and Ghost wondered if one day she would hear the name Abaddon more frequently. Maybe he would grow into the great Abaddon or maybe he’d fall to the wayside and become a great tragedy instead. Time would make or break the man and the spy would much like to watch and see if this fire player could play his way to the top. He certainly had the character and Ghost felt herself begin to quietly root for him, though she found it quite amusing to picture him standing next to the Lord of Fire himself.

"No she didn’t, success wasn’t something she was good at" Ghost snorted in humour, perhaps if the grey mare had actually raised her child, then Ghost might be a little more sympathetic towards the rather unlucky unicorn. Yet, Seiren had been callus and ruthless, she had left her little Ghost to the wilds of the mountains and it was on those peaks that the sprite had honed her bitterness towards her dam. Mauja may have cast them out of the Worlds Edge, but her mother had ultimately cast her own daughter to the lonely wind to fend for herself. It was of no consequence now, however, the banshee had a herd and a duty, the past was not her future. "Perhaps" Ghost was already interested in the next part of the conversation, the cogs in her mind turning "from a warriors perspective, perhaps this is peace" she nodded. "I think the world more complex than that, I thought we had peace once…" she paused, thinking back to the battle for the Hidden Falls "until an army showed up on my borders. An army I did not expect, because I thought there was peace" she shrugged. It was true enough; she had not known the secrets behind Midas and the trouble that came with him.

"If peace is just a deceiving lull that only remains until prejudice and anger become greater than civility and compassion, what’s the point of war?" the words fell off her tongue with great thought, so much so that she wondered if she was getting a little deep for a first conversation and she quickly pulled herself from out of her own thoughts. That and maybe she was going a little off topic in her quest to find the answer for everything. "Other than beating up the idiots that piss you off" she laughed, it was light and bell-like, perhaps that was the real answer.

"Do you?" she asked when Abaddon questioned whether she was cut out for her job. By now Ghost knew herself quite well, she was good at lingering and listening, but not so good at initiation and being the centre of attention, which was why she was so fond of the shadows because they were things she could hide in. Though recently the banshee had been trying to improve herself, even when it discomforted her. The dark stallion manages to draw another short laugh from her maw and a half smile weaves onto her lips "that would be boring. Why would I not question the tall dark male with an interesting looking scar? A scar means a past and a past is a story, what is so obviously written on ones features is not always the whole tale" she paused, looking at him up and down "though clearly you are what you advertise" she finished with a snort.

She was glad to see he shared a similar opinion on the disease topic and she wrinkled her nose at the thought. "Perhaps you should seek these rifts and these new lands, from what I hear there is plenty of chaos to be had." The sprite looked at him in thought and, tentatively, she began to ask a favour of him "one day, perhaps, would you spar with me? I fought a stallion who was around your size once and lost, I would like to try again" she asked of him, hoping he would agree.

haha eh don't worry <3 I've been busy too D:
Spar sometime?!?! :D
[sorry if you read this and theres typos everywhur, I had to post and run! I'll proof-read it when I return D:]
Himalayan Trails.flickr

@Abaddon
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
It's Just a Question of Time - by Abaddon - 09-30-2015, 04:42 AM
RE: It's Just a Question of Time - by Ghost - 09-30-2015, 12:27 PM