the Rift

Turning Empty Pages

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The blue girl was caught a bit off guard by the sudden hostility. Ears flicked up and eyes widened ever slightly in shock. Though, perhaps she deserved it. She did laugh at the stranger's plight, and her niceties had gone misunderstood before. She shrugged, the surprise melting from her nearly as soon as it presented. But sugartits? She stifled another laugh.

Approaching the girl, the blue dipped her head in a respectful greeting. "Please excuse me, I mean no disrespect. I only mean that there are some more than unsavory beings who traipse through this Threshold, and it may be unwise to call to them in such a fashion. Though, this is free land we stand on, it belongs to no one. I don't suppose much blood has been spilled here, but if a fight is what you are looking for, I'm sure you can manage to find it here if you keep that up." The warrior's voice was calm and even. She did not mirror the stranger's defensive stance. Instead, she came dangerously close, with within striking distance of the doe, and stood calmly and without worry.

The girl before her burned with an unbridled fire that threatened to burn the entire world down. She was hot and explosive, and the blue girl appreciated that. She saw so many come through this gateway who were quiet and meek and mild. There was nothing wrong with that, but there was something about the fire, the unpredictability, that lured the blue closer. She almost wished for a fight, wanting to see how deep the fire ran.

"I do not mock, I simply wonder. You see, many come through here, and for many different reasons.  Some come in search of love or family or acceptance. Some come to rule, others come running from tyranny and danger they cannot escape. It says a lot about someone, their reason for coming upon the doorstep to Helovia." She thought back to life before Helovia, where life was good before is went bad. She sighed, a pang of sadness and guilt squeezing her heart for a moment. But she had found purpose here. Nothing is ever certain, and looking back on the past would not change her course in time.

The star girl tipped her head. Ah, freedom. One of the vaguest of desires. There were many reasons one would crave freedom, and as much as she wanted to ask, she decided further prying would lead to escalated hostility. So she refrained. "You are sure to find freedom here, whether you mean to live without rule or to escape the chains and burdens of your previous life."

She paused. She had certainly offended this girl, regardless of how the midnight princess believed her skin should thicken. Would she even accept an invitation? Or had the corporal placed enough disdain between the two so as to discourage the dame from even humoring her with further conversation?

"My name is Ki'irha. I am a corporal far north in the land known as the Aurora Basin. We are all crowned there, gifted with horns, and we have skilled ranks. So whether you wish to fight or heal, steal or craft, see the future or perhaps simply live in shelter, it is a wonderful place to be. It is freedom, with the added bonus of knowledge and numbers. But should you decide to decline the offer, I can promise you will always be welcome."

This girl was a firecracker, and the frozen north needed a bit more fire.

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-01-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-01-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Dovahkiin - 10-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Random Event - 10-02-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Nuray - 10-02-2015, 06:13 AM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Mortuus Nox - 10-02-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-05-2015, 12:34 PM