the Rift

Turning Empty Pages

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Again he wandered the Threshold, seeking to offer a home and purpose to those who crossed into Helovia. He had been rather unsuccessful of late— newcomers had been sparse and the battles at the expanding borders had kept him preoccupied. So he greatly welcomed the resounding voice calling authoritatively though the trees. His black tipped ears perked as his interest piqued. Someone who spoke with such force was bound to be entertaining.

His ears strained, listening, has his large hooves carries his heavy body through the trees. “ — sugartits… —freedom” he laughed to himself as he caught the spattering of words. He liked this mare already, despite not even laying eyes on her. Another voice floated into his large ears, vaguely familiar but he couldn't quite place it. He picked out placating words and something of the Basin. He snorted to himself as he heard the unknown mare speak of only unicorns being in the Basin. He had thought so! Those who had corrected him were wrong. His hooves hit the ground with a little more force as annoyance flashed through him.

And unknown, sultry and throaty voice comes through the trees. Though the seduction underlying her tone muffles the actual words, so he does not catch it. But he fully understands the meaning. His brows raise— this was quite the party of equines. He quickens his long, sweeping strides and arrives on the three- now four- equines. For Nuray was there.

Concern flashed over his face as he sees the welts and boils Mauja had passed to the naked mare. Why hadn’t she been healed yet? He bobs his great head and black horn in greeting to the mares, eyes sweeping and landing on the newcomer as Nuray speaks. He stays silent, watching the mare, whose mouth was as brazen as her markings. He looked to her eyes— but broke away his blue gaze before he was caught in her intensely green stare. He studied her fine rack (of antlers)— “You don’t have to be alone to be free,”. “Indeed,” his heartfelt agreement with Nuray’s words pulls the word unconsciously out of his mouth. He lopsidedly grins, falling silent once more.

He opens his mouth, not sure of what he will say as Nuray has spoken so well on behalf of the Edge. He snaps it shut as another stallion arrived. He studies the man, some of his good nature ebbing out of his face. His gut distrusted the bad-boy facade. But the words he spoke were fair and true. So he simply nodded a greeting to Nox, before turning his attention back to the uniquely painted unicorn. “It seems you’ve attracted quite a gathering,” his deep voice rumbles with humor, “I am Tembovu, also of the Edge,” he nods towards Nuray, “And my herdmate has described it well.”

“I second Nox: In Helvoia, your freedom is yours to lose. It would be difficult for someone to take it from you,” he shifts in the group of equines, glancing towards Nox in affirmation. “I have only this to add: being a part of a herd can give you purpose, if you want such a thing. For we, in the Edge, are building our herd,” he looks at the sultry, outcast mare, “Though I am certain the outcast way of life provides unique ambitions and aspirations.” While he was sure it was true, the amused disbelief in his face showed that it was not the lifestyle choice for him.
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

ooc| I AM SO SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS GOT. I told myself shortpostshortpost for the crowded thread. But that didn't happen. My next will be short <3
@Nuray @Eira @Dovahkiin @Ki'irha @Mortuus Nox

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-01-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Eira - 10-01-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Ki'irha - 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Dovahkiin - 10-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Random Event - 10-02-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Nuray - 10-02-2015, 06:13 AM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Mortuus Nox - 10-02-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: Turning Empty Pages - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 10:04 PM