the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II)

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
so hold on
be strong
Kinetic energy remained mere potential energy as limbs refused to move. I could feel them, I could sense them. There were people around me. I wasn't sure who. Looked straight at them but I couldn't see. Instead reality began to meld with past traumas. Sunny skies were replaced with bitter, black darkness and the air was tainted with pollution. Breathing became hard. So, so hard. In response my breathing increased in pace yet shallow inhales didn't fill my lungs with the oxygen I needed. My head spun. Everything spun.

Before I knew it I was standing on the lands of Urd. Fire ravished as it hungrily snapped at the lands. There were so many horses: some running, some attacking anything in sight, but all adding to the chaos that had erupted. I struggled to find him. Master, master where are you? Please, I'm afraid. This has gotten out of hand. But I can't find you among the wave of bleeding bodies, their metallic smell making it impossible to pinpoint you.

Master, master please. They're coming me for me. Their eyes are filled with darkness and their grins wicked. Is this the day I die? Is this when this long struggling for.. for nothing ends? Is the god who sent me here laughing because I am receiving the punishment I deserve?

I hear a voice. Deep and raspy. Master, help. I'm surrounded.

Red scales catch my eye. You - You actually came. Yelled at me to run. After all you've done for me, how can I leave your side? I promised I'd serve you faithfully yet instead you're the one risking your life for mine. Why? Please let me stay by your side - your safety. I'll feel much safer there. I promise I won't burden you.

Then you're yelling for me to go, but it's too late. The hoard has seized us. Roughly you push me to the side. I scream - cry out your name. Before I know it bodies are ramming into me. Bruises form but I pay no mind. Instead I try to fight the current back towards you. But I am a weak horse. Like a trout trying to swim up river.. However, unlike their success, I am swept away.

The image of the mighty dragon gets smaller and smaller as I'm flung this way and that. So many horses are swarming him. No, no.. No.

"Thantos!" Reality hit me as a freight train. Quite literally. I thought he was gone but here he was, scales roughly pressed against my skin as he overpowers my form and caused my already weak, fallen frame to suffer bruises. My head hit the ground and, for a moment, I stayed there with it buried in the sand. "This.. This isn't Urd." An obvious statement but one I desperately needed to hear.

My eyes swept the area around me. So many had gathered. And for what.. me? Surely not. But that's when I felt the white tiger pulling at my mane as if to drag me away from the scene. A sea foam mare was by my side and right before my eyes appeared an angel. Had we all already died? No, impossible. There was the Sun God.. fighting one of the Wild Gods.

Here I was laying like a useless log while so many threw themselves into the frays of the fight. "I-I'll leave.. I'll.." My voice was hoarse as I addressed all, head hung low. "Please, Thantos, protect my friend. Protect these innocent lives.. Those who have tried to protect me - please!" Knees threatened to buckle at any given moment as I forced myself to stand. I nodded to the tiger. She could go.. I hope she listened. She had to run - to get out of here like the rest.

The battlefield snatched my attention as I saw the amounts of damage being inflicted onto both parties. It was at that time that I saw the young white filly, the little angel I had met before the battle, fall to the ground. "No!" I barely recognized my screeching voice. Before I even realized I was moving I was by her side. She's such an innocent, pure soul and the same forces that took away my homes threatened to disrupt that. "We need a medic!"

Protectively I stood in front of her fallen frame as Thantos had done for me. I eyed Thantos and all those that had recently stood in front of me like I now did the child. Across the field I yelled, "Forget about me! Protect the natives - kill that.. that damned beast. A warrior is better suited in battle. I will hang back."

A match had finally sparked a fire in my blood. I seethed as I dared to stare at the god who had failed us. And now he was trying to maim those whom had done nothing. Absolutely. Nothing. For the first time I felt defiance rise in my throat. "You will lose 'fore you are not a god but a demon." I don't know if the crocodile could hear me. I didn't care at this point, too heated to make sense of anything. "Leave their innocent lives alone! Turn back now - slither back into hiding. Attack me, if you must, but leave these innocents out of your greedy, corrupted claws."

I felt like I wasn't - well - me. It felt as if I was watching someone else in my body as I floated uselessly by its side. I stood like a statue, rigid and non-moving. No matter what I would not let anymore damage come to this child. I prayed that Thantos didn't interfere. I prayed that - for once in my life - I could do something useful. I hope they saw that no longer I was in a stupor. I wanted - no needed - to be here.

Wet warmth touched my cheeks. "This can't happen again.. Too much bloodshed.. Too much."

mentions Sun God, @Thantos, @Ciceron - Kiara, @Tiamat, @Ultima, @Erthë
ooc eska kinda snaps and breaks away from reality. she doesn't see the horses - or tiger - approach as the battlefield triggers memories from the revolution in urd. eventually reality is forced upon her as thantos is shoved into her. she thanks those that had protected her and come to her aide, feeling utterly embarrassed, and stands up to leave when she sees erthe on the ground. unable to contain the years of anger from abuse, she runs over to the filly's side and stands in front of her in order to protect her. she plans on sticking to her like a shadow. she calls for a medic and bitterly addresses the rift god. she's kinda here (in terms of her mind, etc.) but not really lol.

(bad post is bad i'll try to spruce it up later)

TEAM SUN GOD

image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-02-2015, 02:28 AM