the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II)

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Knox
          We didn't know we knew you 'til we lost you
</style>

A hiss. That is all that the dark one hears before the tail hits him, flinging him back like a droplet of water encapsulating one tender grain of sand. That is all that is left of him before he falls in the wet and the wild.

His side aches and burns with an old wound: Archibald's. He remembers now, faintly. Already the dark trails clear from his vision and the muddled memories return. He watches in awe from the ground as his magic takes hold, turning the now fully visible god's eyes a smoky silver. This is what power looks like, he knows: power looks like blindness, and he has it.

Slowly he lifts himself back up to stand. His dull eyes shine and he notices the world above him lit with flame. The God of the Sun, of course. How could it be the moon, when he hadn't felt her magic stir within him? How could it  be anyone he loved?

He wants to fight, but not for that God. And he wants to run, but not with this body and this vision. He needs blindness, now, to lend himself strength. Slowly he gathers himself, a rising totem, a sand-drenched bloodstone, and lets his magic trickle up his veins. His eyes grow silver and solid, swirl with heavy smoke, and slowly he turns back to the battle. He forgets about his companion, tending to his child on the outskirts. He forgets about his family and the love he's claimed to have.

He forgets in some willing part of himself how to see. In ecstasy, in blindness, he runs to charge the great God's chest and win.

Credit

Team Sun God

Blinds himself and charges for the croc's chest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-02-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Knox - 10-04-2015, 01:47 PM