the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II)

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

T
O
R
L
E
I
K

The ground around him freezing was not new - after all, every time he stepped, the earth did that - but this wasn't from his stepping. This was...of a greater radius and more solid than the usual few seconds of wintry soil beneath his feet, and the Bloodskald with his solid hooves could not find much purchase. Somewhere in the battle, he was bumped enough to make his center of gravity fall far outside his base of support and he slipped, feeling his hooves leave the ground with swift clarity. A grunt escaped his muzzle as his hip slammed into the ice below, feeling the pain drive deep into his joint. That would leave a mark on the inside, more so than the rough frozen surface left on the outside. 

Struggling to his feet, Torleik frowned at the superficial scrape on his side, more concerned with the pain below the skin he felt. It was already aching, and he would be immensely sore tomorrow. Wonderful. Still, he continued on, feeling Ophelia's presence soon after and hearing her words murmured directly into one of his ears. Did she not understand the warmth that brought him? Even here in battle? Especially here in battle? Shaking away his ill-fated lust, he lightly lipped at her sweat-dampened neck. "It smarts, but my pride smarts more," he told her. "I am fine." As he said this, his eyes scoured her for signs of clear injury, but snapped to her face as she spoke to him again. A crooked grin warmed his usually frosty face and he positioned himself parallel to her for the charge. "As one!" he called, galloping with her to pierce the foul beast. 

As Tinek tried to pry scales free, so did Irelyn, lacing her talons over and over with her molten magic in the hopes that the heat would help melt away the beast's armor one way or another. With each yank of her fiery beak, she tried to jab the flesh beneath, grappling with sharp talons before pecking viciously again. Things had been happy for a few days and she would be damned if another one of these huge monsters would ruin that one more time!

Table by Jen

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-02-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Torleik - 10-05-2015, 07:31 PM