the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II)

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
Chaos. How had I stumbled into a beautiful land with a beautiful god only to have been greeted by more chaos? My screams only stop because I start sobbing uncontrollably, because my fear has reached such levels that I no longer have the energy to scream. I can’t even stand anymore - and fall to my knees, soft splashes of the crystal water greeting me. Small waves lap against my body as I lay down with my legs beneath me - I’m far enough away from the fray that this is the only effect that it has on my physical self. But though I shut my eyes to block out the sight of the giant crocodile, of everyone attacking it, worse images take their place behind my eyelids. 

My breathing becomes hitched and I’m gasping for each breath, finding that there’s not enough air around me, but still I refuse to open my eyes. I don’t want to see more chaos, I just wanted peace.

Sun God they had called him and I run with the name. Latching onto it because it - he - is the one solid thing that I can focus on. If the gods here are like mine, they are fueled by prayer. I cannot move my legs but I can give him strength through my belief. He promised us safety and now he was fighting for it. Eyes closed furiously shut I start whispering to myself, head bent so that my muzzle is grazing the surface of the water that moves against me with every shout and roar of the group in the distance. “Chariot of the East, Lord of the Sun, defeat this hellion and lead the faithful and deserving to victory. Take what strength is in me to fuel your fires, to guide our champions.” And I add more, of course, whispering words of encouragement and belief and love. The words come softer and faster, my breathing calming as I focus on this task - something I was fully capable of doing. I had been praying for most of my life, I saw no reason to stop now when it was needed.
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

all screamed out, Persephone collapses in the water and starts to pray - offering her strength to the Sun God

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-02-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part II) - by Persephone - 10-05-2015, 07:33 PM