the Rift

[PRIVATE] for in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

She sloshed after him, heaving and plunging through the deep waters without any grace whatsoever. It was hard to be anything of the sort as he enraged her even further, with the snappy superior tone and the complete lack of apologies.

"I was not dead!" she snapped back, staggering once the weightlessness of the water receded and she had to carry her own weight. Not only was both curls and wings wet and heavy, her legs trembled visibly from shock and fatigue after having spent so long exerting herself. Holding a shouting match with someone twice her size really wasn't the best idea at the moment, but Erthë seemed oblivious to her diminutive stature and inferior age as she retorted. Feisty, like a small, wet kitten believing itself to be a lion.

"I was swimming. You know, bathing, you should try it sometime yourself!"

She was too young to appreciate the scent of musk in a stallion. To her, this brute only reeked, a mixture of sweat and rut that made the soft pink of her nose wrinkle in disgust. Pointedly stepping away from him so that he ended up leeward of herself she began shaking the water out of the wings, not even trying to keep the water from splashing in his direction. They looked nearly like grown up pegasi wings now. All the feathers had grown out already, the soft down only lingered on the underside and near the joint, and while they were still too small to carry her it wouldn't be long now until she could start gliding short distances. Her wings were her pride and joy, even more so than the pearly white horns that had begun to poke out of the thick curls, but even though she really tried to focus on adjusting the feathers and admiring the clean, white shimmer of them, it was hard when that oversized thug kept talking. How was she supposed to ignore him when he was that big?

"I'm not afraid of wolves" she lied, attempting a contemptuous snort - but had to grimace and wipe the nose clean as it resulted in nothing but an explosion of black slime. "Mom's not far away anyway, so if you do anything she will come and she will kick you until you apologize!"

Her faith in her mother was absolute. The black mare was the strongest, bravest and wisest horse she had ever met, and obviously there was no way this, this... But as she glared at the young draft, something about him caught her attention. Something black that sat lodged in his mane, made visible by the water that clumped the coarse hair together.

"You have a tooth!" the girl exclaimed, surprise taking over where anger had previously reigned. Not one to hide her actions Erthë stared from the glowing black fang to the one that rested against her own chest, shimmering and ominous against the white skin. Then her gaze turned back to the stallion and studied him more closely, taking in his size, the coloration and the big, thunderous hooves that had... had kicked... a bleeding white.. bear...

"You! I know you, you fought the Bear! And the Wolf too, didn't you! And there were... " She looked around, searching the trees with narrowed eyes, "Say, do you know a dragon? A red one, like these rocks?"

Recognition softened her expression. The contrast between the spitting rage and this sudden eager beam of a smile was quite startling. Erthë remembered that dragon, and the horse it had flown off to once the battle was over. It had been really pretty and had protected her as she gathered crystals on the orders of the Time god.

"Where is it? I never got to thank it for helping me."

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

@Volterra

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: for in that sleep of death what dreams may come - by Erthë - 10-03-2015, 05:23 PM