the Rift

[PRIVATE] for in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

While listening to the musings of the older boy she resumed the preening of the damp wings, velvety lips smoothing out and adjusting feather after feather with rather astonishing patience. By the time he finished and she hummed in thoughtful agreement only one of the small wings was done. Folding the shimmering pale appendage neatly against the shoulder Erthë made to continue with the other side, but looked up from the rather tedious task when she was posed a question.

This surprised her more than the question in itself. Though the exchange about companions had been almost pleasant and closely resembled a civilized conversation, the big stallion didn't strike her as the kind to play or chat. Of course her only real example to compare with was Rikyn and he had been far from pleasant, more interested in the older mare than in the pale, sniveling girl. This encounter hadn't exactly started off well either, but if it continued like this then Erthë feared she was in high danger of actually starting to like this idiot.

"I don't think so" she replied, frowning slightly as she looked down over herself. Drops of water had frozen upon contact with the cold body and made her coat glitter like snow in the light of the drifting fireflies. Though the evening was warm her breath fogged as it left the lungs, a fine mist that drifted off among the trees and dissolved in the air.

Was he right? Was she dead on the inside, and that was why she felt so cold? But if she was dead, then how could she feel so much? Love and happiness and fear and anger, pain and ticklishness and heat... Did the dead feel all that too?

"I was born like this. Mum says it's magic, but it doesn't really do anything. I can't make anything else cold, or do anything magical... Do I look dead?"

Because she didn't feel dead. True, her left eye was a bit freaky, all pale and staring and different in color from the right, and she had the black ooze leaking from both eyes and nose and mouth... But aside from that she felt fine. There was nothing wrong with neither body nor head, from what she could tell.

She gazed back at him, expression betraying the worry but also the frustration over being so boringly normal. Magic was supposed to be flashy and interesting, not just... passive and unmoving. What was even the fun in that?

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

@Volterra

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: for in that sleep of death what dreams may come - by Erthë - 10-13-2015, 09:47 AM