the Rift

[PRIVATE] for in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
OH, MY EYES ARE SEEING RED
DOUBLE VISION FROM THE BLOOD WE'VE SHED

She grooms her wings, and he thinks back to a few days after his birth when he met Auriel. She had been a hybrid mix of unicorn and pegasus, and her wings had been an object of great envy to the wobbly-legged young colt. Not anymore; they're pretty enough, but he is accustomed to remaining with all four stout legs firmly on the ground, save for when he throws his consciousness into his dragon to take to the wing in the red's mind. He does, however, think that Auriel is bound to be grown up and hot as hell now. Maybe he should seek her out...

I don't think so. He bites back a comment about how dim you need to be to not know whether you're dead or not. He glances at the droplets of water, frozen to her frigid skin. She then asks if she looks dead, and he looks her over quickly. "Nah. The dead are a lot less mouthy." Despite the barb, there's no real venom in his voice - it's a lazy, throwaway comment, like the sort of boyish remark he would make to his dragon. Whether she takes it seriously or not will say a lot about her. He can sympathise with her hatred of normality, though. Oh, how he'd envied Shida and Auriel, with their wings and horns and magic when he'd been a simple equine colt without powers or dragon! He decides to reassure her a little bit that she will grow out of her self-hatred.

"You never know. You might have magic inside you that you just haven't discovered yet." He'd thought he was magic-free and boring, until one day he wasn't. To prove his point, he fixes his gaze on the ground under Vérzés and bids it to lift into a small tower. The red squawks in surprise as he is lifted into the air upon a plateau of stone, but quickly realises what's happening and relaxes back onto his haunches. Volterra slows the flow of magic when his dragon has been lifted up higher than his own height, leaving the ruby beast perched atop a great tower of ground. "This lay dormant in me until one day it didn't." How helpful is he - reassuring her (slightly) and getting an opportunity to show off, too.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: for in that sleep of death what dreams may come - by Volterra - 10-18-2015, 01:33 PM