the Rift

[PRIVATE] Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

erthë
you're so cold but you feel alive

The sudden question startled her enough to jump, thin legs spinning her about so quickly that she almost lost her balance. Wide eyed and rather embarrassed at being caught talking to herself Erthë stared at the stranger in the archway, quickly assessing whether there would be any threat to herself or not. It was a mare, that much she could make out almost at once, and a rather plain looking one as far as she could tell. Sorrel coat, an equine which felt rather unusual, and on her whithers perched... a dragon. A look of delight flashed across her young features at the sight of the companion and she relaxed. Foolishly, perhaps, but she couldn't believe that any creatures as pretty as dragons would actually harm her.

"Oh, nothing really" she mumbled, frowning again as her voice was amplified by the cavern walls. "I was just annoyed that these carvings don't show anything of what I was looking for... " She flashed the offensive wall a sour look. "I thought that the gods might be hiding things on purpose, but I don't see why they would do that. Especially Lady Moon..."

A look of longing adoration crept upon her as she spoke of the lunar deity. The Goddess had made a great impression on the child during the Wolf God battle, out of all the impressive, awe-inspiring deities she had come across so far She was the one that Erthë admired most. She didn't even want to think badly of the Lady, already she regretted the moment of doubt - what reason had she ever been given to suspect Her of anything?

Sighing, the winged filly shrugged and looked back at the dragon and its mare, scrutinizing them both with eyes that were much too old for their youthful vessel.

"You don't happen to know anything about the gods and why they have chosen to acquire new lands, do you? Miss...?"

It was unlikely, of course. So far Erthë had failed in every attempt to learn more about this land that she lived in. The issue seemed to be both uninteresting and obscure to most, and it was reaching a point where she was tempted to seek out the Goddess herself to ask in person. She had said she would be at the Veins, wherever that was.

Maybe it was worth a shot...

image credit

@Evangeline

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday - by Erthë - 10-03-2015, 09:44 PM