the Rift

[PRIVATE] Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"And what is it that you're looking for?" Evangeline asked, her gaze travelling from the pale filly to the wall that stretched across the room. She could remember standing and looking at the wall, herself, trying to decipher everything depicted. In the end she didn't walk away with any more knowledge than what she'd had when she first looked at it. For as long as she'd lived in Helovia the land was still a mystery to her, but she'd never really had the drive to seek anyone out for knowledge. In the back of her mind she sometimes wondered what good it would do to learn about Helovia and the Gods because she always suspected that there was the possibility that she would have to leave again just like Isilme.

"Oh, I'm sure all of the gods have secrets that they keep hidden from us." She said when the girl spoke again. "Even the Moon Goddess." In a way Evangeline pitied the child for her obvious worship of the purple goddess. Of all the Gods in Helovia she was the one that seemed to be the most loathed and feared, and it was with good cause. She was a murderess, a manipulator, deceitful, and vengeful. "Everyone keeps secrets, why should the gods be any different?" She was sure that there were things that the Gods knew that they, as mortals, had no business knowing.

"You don't happen to know anything about the gods and why they have chosen to acquire new lands, do you? Miss...?"

"Evangeline. And I only know what I've experienced in the time that I've been here." She answered. "And I can tell you that the gods are not perfect, even your Moon Goddess. They make mistakes just like we do and they have to fix them." She may have lived in the Goddess' land and wore her feather in her mane, but Evangeline was a truthful creature. She would not sugarcoat the Goddess' doings just for a starry eyed child who had far too little experience with the gods. "I don't know why they've chosen to get new land and I don't really care to know. Their business is their business, I just try to live my life in peace."

"."

Evangeline the Pure
In the night there's a fire in my eyes
And this paradise has become a place we've come to cry

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday - by Evangeline - 10-04-2015, 02:09 PM