[PRIVATE] Down the Rabbit Hole

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

"Not you" she hissed rather impatiently, "them. Vultures. But they can't, not there, not to her!"

Erthë made to move forwards and chase the stinking birds away, but froze in the midst of a step as fear clasped around her heart, cold and sharp like a dagger pierced into her heart.

"It's my.... my mother." The reply came slow and lingering like an afterthought, but the pain in her voice was fresh, raw and tender.

What would she see if she went over there? How long had the birds been there before she arrived? How many days and nights had passed since the Blackbird fell, since the battle ended and she had to leave and walk the long road home on her own? Would she even be able to recognize the face of her mother in the dead body, or would she see... something else?

Oh, it was a painful thought. It was painful to do nothing too though, and the thought of those scavengers pecking at her mother was unbearable. With mounting despair she stared through the haze at the horrible scene, tears rising into the eyes until the world became a blur of light and color. When she couldn't stand it anymore the girl tore her gaze away and stared at the boy, expression a silent scream and her voice hoarse with sadness and pain and cold, fierce anger.

"What should I do? I don't want them to peck her, but I c-can't go there."

It was too far for voices to carry, and no rocks lay strewn on the ground to throw. While the simplest answer would be to rush at the birds Erthë couldn't bring herself to do it... and what ways were left to choose then? She didn't know, couldn't decide, her brain felt dead and numb.

Even her thoughts had frozen, halted by this seemingly insurmountable problem.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Aeolus

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Down the Rabbit Hole - by Aeolus - 10-07-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole - by Aeolus - 10-08-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole - by Random Event - 10-09-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole - by Erthë - 10-09-2015, 02:14 AM
RE: Down the Rabbit Hole - by Aeolus - 10-10-2015, 10:07 PM