the Rift

within their depths ; open
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia, now healed of her ailments and free from the battle for the Sun God, walked proudly beneath the boughs of Helovia. She was blessed through blood by the very light which shone through day and fire which gave warmth. How could she not lift her head higher? How could she not walk with pride in her dancing steps as her heart filled to the brim with love she never once deserved? Her heart had been vacant for so long, iced over with pain and loneliness, but now she had everything she had ever wanted, and it was almost too much. Ophelia hummed a quiet tune, which was rare, since she was never known for singing, and the heat reflected off of the pure white of her coat.

Only burn marks marred her otherwise delicate features of her face and neck, remnants of her battle prowess and fury. With a smile on her lips, she was a figure of antipathy - hair laced in crimson reminding of dried blood and two strangely colored eyes of purity and wrath. She was still bizarre, even with joy resonating through the fibers of her life, and that was something that would never change, no matter how much her life changed in her periphery.

Words in the distance caught her attention, ears drifting on swivels to location the origin of the sounds. She paused, sending Tinek, her silver dragon, sliding across her back. He grumbled and then returned to sleep, clinging tighter to her hip with his talons. Ophelia danced toward the sounds and emotion, irrational, rose in her throat at one of the beings there. Her... she growled in her own head, causing Tinek to rise from his sleep once more and stare at the offending white mare. She was the one who lied to Torleik, wanted to trick him, and though jealousy for their shared moment burned through her veins, what she felt more was anger toward this creature for her infidelity.

The predatory stare on her strange features struggled as she turned to the other stranger, a masculine scent wafting from his tall figure. He was tall, handsome in a refined way that spoke of royalty instead of warrior. The azure accents of his wild pelt added beauty to the hostile stripes, and she admired the horns upon his brow, such noble weapons for a refined creature as he. All were assumptions of course. She knew more than most how the spirit and body could often be at odds with their subtle messages. Ophelia bowed her head once in a respectful, deferential greeting (a trait she unknowingly gained from her father), and she nodded once to Brisa in acknowledgement.

"I have heard your name and not much else, Morenth," she said, her voice chime-like and delicate, another contrast to the violence of her coloring. "Welcome to Helovia. My name is Ophelia the Amaranthine, from the World's Edge." It felt strange, to her to no longer be the 'Forsaken', but it was a good kind of strange. One that settled deep in her gut and warmed. "Should you need a home, I can take you to mine, and if you require information, I have... lived here for a long time." She didn't think it right to say that she had lived in all the herds, ruled more than one and was now a lowly rank once more. Her personal history was only privy to those when asked.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

@Morenth

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-07-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Brisa - 10-07-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-08-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Imonada - 10-08-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Ophelia - 10-08-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Brisa - 10-08-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-10-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Morenth - 10-12-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Imonada - 10-10-2015, 05:04 AM
RE: within their depths ; open - by Ophelia - 10-10-2015, 02:48 PM