the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION)

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The Crocodile God doesn't stand a reasonable chance against the storm of assaults and attacks thrown towards it. Although it fights to the very brink of its life, there is simply nothing it can do to force itself to continue living.

Assaults from both Gaucho and Archibald render the creature nearly motionless, while Cera's position on its back completely halts its movements. It is then that Ophelia, Maren and Volterra's attacks find their mark - and the Crocodile lets loose a horrific wail that seems to echo all of the pain and suffering it caused those who dwelt beneath its terror-filed and fueled reign. Ultimately however, it is the Sun God's own child who ends the suffering of the creature, with a ball of pure untainted fire that swiftly melts away the last shred of consciousness that the beast would ever experience. 

"STAND BACK." The Sun God commands as he flies lower, casting a beam of light onto the creature and render its putrid blood and decaying body inert. The light permeates through the monster, bleeding away its parts and, in some cases, creating small objects out of its lifeless form. A few scattered near will find that small viles of its blackish blue and frigid blood have been cast their way - Milo, Megaera, Isopia, Mesec, and Lena. Others will find that scales previously pulled off of the creature by previous attacks, have now fallen glowing at their hooves - Cera, Ode, Morrigan, Shida, and Najya. Thantos began to glow slightly, as the God nodded his appreciation, and that was all it took for power to flood through the stallion's veins. To Shadow, a mare who once belonged to his herd, and who had fought to protect her child, he cast a bow created from the spine of the beast. To Tembovu, one of the largest on the field, he cast the crocodile's skull, finding it a fitting trinket for the elephant-sized stallion. And finally, to Ophelia, he offered the armor of the beast.

"I said that peace would reign here, and now that the beast has fallen, it shall." The God began, landing next to his daughter with a proud nod.  "Today you have seen for yourselves the fallibility of the Gods - but also the power that is achieved through a common goal. Today you have defeated what I did not even know threatened Helovia, and for that you have my gratitude. Go on your way, and know that these lands are now safe."

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good
The Wildfire descended when his God did. Although he did not place himself as close to Aithniel as the God did, the dun did decide to land on her side, rather than the God's. Both were family to him, in a sense, but perhaps the fire child, a member of his flock, was somehow closer - regardless of how many gifts her father had bestowed upon him.

"Hail Sun God." Gaucho's dark voice rang out, full of pride and exhaustion. But it sounded pure, and whole, for perhaps the first time in a while. Perhaps that was really all that had been nagging Gaucho as of late - a good fight. Perhaps it wasn't even about Ampere at all (but we all know that it was). Cheerily, Zorsa trilled a hello to the flaming demi-god, as she landed brightly on Gaucho's antlers. Mara hissed her displeasure at the bright and happy sounds, but accepted the warmth thrown off by the burning Zephyr none the less.  

The God surveyed the damage and how the God had bled away the carnage. His own fiery wings burned brightly as he tucked them neatly to his side, surveying those of his flock who had been apart of the battle. 

"Dragon's Throat - to me if need healing." Stoicly, he waited to see if any would take him up on his offer. Likely the wouldn't even think to go to Gaucho for assistance with wounds. He gave them, but he didn't fix them. At least, not in the past. But now, with the warmth and light from the sun filling his veins, he could. And he would, should they need it of him.

Mentions Ampere and Aithiniel.

OFFERS TO HEAL ANYONE IN THE DT.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
Shida
You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain.

WELL WELL WELL. Just look at that-

(No really, look).

I drop my nose, nudging the thing given to me. Given? More like carelessly tossed her by Sunny Mc Sunnerson, lord of light, because he's such a fucking nice guy and is giving away body parts. Like, is that what these things are? WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MAN - && here's your participation prize? A piece of the thing you just killed? How morbid.

I FUCKING LOVE IT.

'Hey pick it up." I whispered to Princess, who complied with a low growl as he playfully nipped at the glowing scale. I looked up, wondering if blue-ass was around. I hoped she was, because it didn't look like she got anything. So fucking there. Next time she calls me a lazy ass warrior Imma shove this scale up her hoo-ha.

"Cool, thanks." I say with a casual nod towards Sunny. We're obvs cool, since I'm in his herd, and he just gave me a glowing toenail. 

Part of me wants to say something like, "So...we done here? This over?" But I don't. I sort of like this charade of being a legit warrior, and I'm pretty sure that if you can't tell if a fight is over, then you basically suck at life. Or at least definitely at warrior-ing. So I keep my mouth shut, shrug a bit, bite Princess on the shoulder because I"m a dick sometimes, and then waddle casually off.

Peace OUT bitches. You're welcome for saving your lives. 

Image Credits

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

The day was so beautiful. Why was it that the sky seemed so much clearer, the light all the brighter when storms brewed on the horizon? How could this place be so peaceful even though screams of pain and rage rent the stillness asunder?

Secure in the firm belief that her daughter now was safe, the Blackbird raised her gaze to the vastness of the sky for one fleeting second. Bright eyes followed a line of birds that came flying from the north, heading south towards the sea. They flew high, with determination as though they knew where they would be going. Was there something out there, beyond the horizon? It had been quite a long time since she had felt any desire to explore, but now, in this moment, Shadow felt the urge come over her. Maybe she would too, once this was over. She would bring Erthë, Vadim and Vlasi too if they wished to come, and together they would travel far beyond Helovia. Maybe they would find Kari along the way too; her long lost, wayward son, whom she had missed so much.

One second. Sometimes it was all it took for fate to change.

Her scream of defiance changed into one of shock and excruciating pain as the crocodile lashed out with its tail. Thrashing about in its death throws the blow was swift and impossible to dodge. It hit her squarely in the chest, the sharp spines penetrating deep inside her. Gasping for breath she was sent flying backwards, crashed into Badger - faithful, loyal Badger whom she could never thank enough - and crumpled to the ground. Disgusting, horrible pain stabbed through the left wing as she landed on it. Bones snapped and punctured the skin, blood began to flow out across the sand. Was it the light that made it look so dark, or was it because of the magical illness?

No. This wasn't possible. It couldn't be... not now. Numbly the mare tried to rise, disbelief painted across her every feature as she saw the deep gashes in her chest where blood sprang forth, as though from a macabre fountain. It stained all the tokens in her hair, the gnarled unicorn horn she had held onto throughout the years, the Earth God's gift and a shining white bow of bone that landed, clattering, in the sand not far from her.

She didn't feel broken, and yet... and yet. Darkness began to set in from somewhere beyond what her eyes could see. And in her ears rang the sounds of her friends heartbeats, and the terrified voice of her daughter as she came running on small, quick feet.

shadow

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

You see everything, you hear everything. It's all going by faster than the frightened scuttle of a trapped silverfish, yet somehow, at the same time, so slow and quaintly. Adrenaline changes it all, the way your mind receives and catalogs stimuli; you become possessed by the chemical as it pumps feverishly into your veins. Your brain, your body, on fire. Your own heart slushing nosily in your ears under the screams of anger, of agony, of cries for help as a surreal and gruesome scene --unstoppable and inevitable as a penny horror show reel-- slowly unfolds like dewy petals in the morn, searing itself into your memory like a hot brand on calf flesh. But gruesome doesn't quite cover it, does it? It's an apocalyptic catastrophe; a crocodile with scales the color of sickly pale upturned fish-belly, as large and formidable as a cliff with a razor-fine drop into the cold and unforgiving riptide that is its gaping maw, lined with hundreds of teeth the size of boulders but whetted into artisan blades, acid drooling in goopy strings around black gums like frayed spider cobs adrift. Stubby limbs like packed sausage covered in rind, supporting the steel wall of a bellows torso; not but one step would pulverize an unlucky horse's bones, while that fat tail --rivaling the size, weight, and girth of those antediluvian redwoods meters wide-- threatens to sweep them all away like little ants. Somewhere in the midst of it all, Imonada heard what sounded like her own voice, disembodied; yelling, perhaps even jeering, rallying the forces, her own fiery tenor of disbelief, anger, and retribution amongst the many.

Then, as the others burned and tore away at the beast with every fiber of their mutual resolve to spare themselves, their friends, their gods, from the demon, it wavered and finally collapsed; a skyscraper tumbling, crumbling, hard and to the earth with a shattering quake that shook the very foundations beneath them all. The violence of being thrust against such weight sends sand billowing out from beneath in a cloud of extinguishment. A single mighty last inhale expels a furious wind of a roar in incredulous defeat before the head drops, one vindictive hate-filled eye glaring balefully and blindly at the Sun God. It grows quiet, still, blood quickly pooling around the fresh corpse from every ripped orifice the Helovians generously granted. Calm returns to the waters of the battlefront, swirling at the creature's snout, and even as its vile taint turns the waters into ink the tide is already at work, washing it all away just as divine magic begins to devour the now inert body. As always. Nothing remains in this world; not even demons. Especially not demons.

Of course, absolute reprieve and tranquility were not quite yet warranted. The Sun God and his warriors will loot their treasures, they would see if the demon laid seeds of destruction elsewhere, but the hurricane of terror has passed--for now. Imonada is left by the wounded and fallen that had been gathered away, although she barely recalls running to and pulling off one vicious fighter ready to collapse under the demon's paw--the images firing off were faint, in tatters, dispersing like smoke, and only then does she realize the adrenaline is fading like twilight, leaving behind gaps and pieces of the event. Shellshock eases into the void left by anxiety and desperate survival as a tiny, childish giggle bubbles up inside her throat to squeak out in stuttered whispers of maniacal, relieved, exhausted laughter. Normally as black as a starless night, the tiny pegasus mare is covered in a thick layer of dust; it coats and clumps into her mane, blankets her backside, and rises like stockings over her lean legs, turning this dark broken raven into a little sooty dove. Noticing this about herself, she looks at the others, really looks at them. They're covered too, all of them like ghosts, their original colors and brilliance and individuality blotted out. Some aren't just ghosts either, as char and their own gore leaks through the film of powder, and it is all she sees; familiar shapes, like her very own, all red, black, and white like soiled linens, with the glowing Sun God comparatively pristine as he addresses his flock of victorious vanquishers.

Uncertain, carefully placed steps begin to take her backward one foot at a time, away from the scene, a new wild spark captured within her eyes -- much more primitive, savagely so, than the beginning of her discreet withdrawal.

*deleted thread and moved as a reply here, since it makes more sense
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
All around her, the girl heard grunts and seemingly pleasurable sounds issued from the lips of those who attacked the crocodile. It occurred to her just then, that some might be participating out of some base hedonistic instinct, rather than a desire to protect those around them, to defend their land, or like Aithiniel, to deliver justice. As she too landed once the beast had been killed by her older cousin, and her (uncle? one removed? relative) landed and began to speak. Isopia chewed her lower lip as she began to consider what that meant, that pleasure could be derived from hurting (and in this case, killing) others. She wasn't one to jump to conclusions or to judge quickly, but certainly something about the way it initially presented to her mind seemed abrasive. 

It was then that she noticed a small vile of the crocodile's blood had been rolled to her hooves. This was certainly nothing like the trinket her father had given her that cast a warm glowing light. This was something darker, a reminder of what had occurred today. Still, the demi-god picked it up with care and tucked it behind her wing. 

The Sun God declared that they had done well, that the reign of terror was over, and that all was safe. Hadn't he said that only a few days ago, in nearly this very spot? Reflectively, the girl flicked her tail. Her gaze hadn't roamed towards Volterra, and yet she knew exactly where he stood. Somehow it settled her to know that he was near - especially now that she could see him with a normalized vision. Part of her wanted to see the patterns of heat as the rolled and swelled through his body - if only to see how his body regulated itself - but she had to admit it was nice not having black goo dripping from her eyes, ears, and nose. 

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

"MAMA!"

The shrill scream cut through the din of thundering hooves, of battle cries and the crackling flames as the crocodile was destroyed. She had watched it all from her place on the ground, followed with fear and bleeding pity how the monster god was slaughtered without mercy. Its blood watered the sand and chilled the air, and for the first time in many weeks the girl had felt cool and comfortable. She had looked away for a second as familiar figures milled about her; Badger, his comment enabling her to smile amidst the horror. Tiamat, whose gentle touch brought her comfort and new strength, the steady backs of so many others. Evaneska, Maren, Tembovu, Megaera, Volterra... the list of names was growing longer with each passing day, soon she wouldn't be able to remember them all.

One second. It was all it took for her world to change forever.

When she turned back to the black figure it was only to see how the thrashing tail of the fallen God smacked into her mother and sent her flying backwards. Bumping into Badger, who in turn knocked over someone else, the Blackbird fell to the ground with her wing beneath her, crumbled to the sound of breaking bones.

Someone screamed, and it wasn't until she felt her throat tear that she realized it was her own voice. Tears rose unbidden in her eyes and rolled down the dusty, black-streaked cheeks as she scrambled up, her own pain forgotten in the need to reach the mothers side.

"Momma! Moma are you okay, are you hurt, are you...!?"

She crashed down beside the black-winged mare, a tiny white dove next to the broken crow. Immediately the alabaster coat absorbed the horrible blackish blood, staining her knees with crimson and ebony... But what did that matter when her mother could barely lift her head to answer?

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
N
A
E
R
Y
S
Her frantic, flailing kick lands with a thud on the crocodile's back and causes it roar in pain. But that hardly registers with her in that moment. The pain and subsequent panic from having her knees frozen by crocodile blood was enough to distract her. When she finally manages to regain her wits and make her way up and away from the crocodile something smacks into her side sending her tumbling into the sand with a muffled thud. Only when she looks back does she realize that the crocodile's tail had been the culprit. The girl narrows her gaze, furrows her brow and presses her lips into a firm, narrow line. Her ears swivel back and a disgruntled snort escapes her nostrils.

But she doesn't even try to stand. She simply watches the end of the battle from where she'd landed. Once it was over, the Sun God lands and begins his speech. The girl raises to her hooves - the pain in her side smarting almost as much as her ego - and moves to get a better view. Within minutes the crocodile is obliterated, except for a few choice trophies for a few lucky individuals. Disappointment and jealousy claw at her mind but her expression remains simply morose when nothing is slid her way. She'd tried. She really had. And she'd even done damage to the crocodile despite only being a filly of not quite a year. Her efforts had either been simply in vain or they weren't good enough.

In her young, and usually confident mind, she'd simply fought for nothing. Naerys had done all she could with no useful magic and no weapons. She holds back the indignant pout threatening to expose just how sore of a loser she is this day. She'd thrown herself, rather stupidly, into a battle without her mother's knowledge and she's walking away with nothing to show for it - except blood splattered knees that were still stiff enough to give her a gimp and a decent sized bruise on her left side. At least the bruise would be hidden; until mother checks her over after seeing her knees. The girl contemplates slipping quietly away but something keeps her rooted to the spot. Dark and brooding, the girl merely watches the chosen ones gather their special prizes before her eyes actively seek out the familiar face of Mauja.
Image Credit

[XD don't mind Naerys, she's just being a sore loser.]

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Someone reaching for me now
Through the dark, reaching for me now
You need someone to hear you when you sigh...
Someone to love you more than I

She stood back as commanded… not that she had much choice.

As the beam of light strikes the crocodile, Ghost could do little but wince and watch. Her second attack had done nothing but serve an injury to herself instead. The pain throbbed through her left wing and even her side ached a little as an oaf of a stallion had banged into her, but luckily her armour had shielded the worst of it. If only her protective gear had covered her wings more.

As the light cascades down and into the rampaging croc, its body is ripped apart and the battle ends there. Ghost sighs in relief and carefully walks off to the side, handling herself in a delicate manner as she carefully (and painfully) retracts her armour and folds her wings away. The left appendage, the injured one, stuck out a little more than it should as the sprite struggled to bend it anymore. Fantôme gave her a worried look but the banshee shrugged "I’ll live, we may have to walk back for now though" she said, not knowing if she could fly with both injury and ridiculously heavy pocket watch.

Parts of the crocodile are handed out as trophies to some, but Ghost doesn’t linger long afterwards. She stays just long enough for her eyes to glance at those who received, her eyes curious and calculating, before she shifted her body with effort to begin the journey back. The banshee would take her time, it wasn’t like she needed to report anything as she had recognized the Sultan who was present along with Ampere. That and the sprite remembered that these events oft came with sickness and, not wanting to drop dead from some disgusting disease, she began her disappearance at an, albeit, slower pace than usual. 

Even as the Sun Lord spoke of peace she shifted away, he surely knew better? Perhaps it was a bravado speech to ease the worries of those who had just stumbled through the rift. The Helovia Ghost knew and understood was the Helovia that liked peace in spoonful’s and disaster in spades.

For now it was over.

The spy had defended her new God and now it was time to go back to her new home.

No significant mentions! Just a conclusion :3

Ghost
Image Credits!
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
It was annoying to feel slighted by Gods.

They were timeless, astral, divine, ancient and—well, mortal he supposed as he stared at the Crocodile falling beneath the surge of a makeshift army. It died like the others had died, in geysers of blue blood and the fireworks of magic.

Mauja let go of his own, staring at the failing body with a dispassionate frown. Why were they doing this? What drove them? What drove Helovia's Gods into such carelessness? And what, what, makes us put up with this? And fight for them?

For ourselves, he thought, a streak of near-anger surging through his veins. He fought for himself, for Naerys and Maren, for Tembovu, Rexanna, the memory of Myrddin and Tolio and Psyche

His breath hitched in his throat.

Somehow, he hadn't though of her for a long time. He cast a glance to the Sun God. Wasn't his entire life like that? Forgetting—about the ones he loved. The ones he had loved.

Forgetting was sin. Forgetting was what made you repeat your mistakes. Forgetting was what brought you despair, and pain, and boredom—because you forgot how wonderful things were as they were, you forgot how much you loved, how much you cared, and in an effort to feel alive, you went elsewhere.

In a world where your loved ones mattered the most it was stupid to care about whom the Gods offered gifts or not. In a world where he felt like he had already lost everything fancy trinkets or armor or weapons couldn't fill up the hollow in his chest.

Come, Irma whispered, cold and lethal, circling on pale wings. Come. The shadow fails. Weary to his bones, Mauja followed.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
so hold on
be strong
Heart thumbed loudly in fear and knees quivered but her grey form, particles of sand clinging to her hair, remained standing. White flashed in the corners of her welling blue eyes. They snapped shut in freight as the mighty tail came towards her. Instincts told her to run but her hooves remained planted where she stood. A child was behind her. A fragile, damaged, and precious little angel. She couldn't let her get hurt more - she wouldn't let her get hurt further.

In pure defiance, her heart aching to be rid of this villainous creature, she reared up. Adrenaline set her veins on fire as she threw her weight onto her back legs. The tail struck between her shoulders as she pushed upwards. While the tail was shoved away, the mare was not without injuries. Bruises were already starting to rise beneath her shoulders and her upper back. Blood trailed down her sides as scratches from the reptilian tail form.

As soon as she landed, wincing in pain as she did so, she turned to look at Erthe. Thank the Gods - the True Gods - she was okay. Evaneska struggled to keep herself afoot in case another attack came. But it didn't. Instead she watched as the black winged mare - the mother of the child - fell backwards toward a black and white horse that she had not notice arrived.

The series of unfortunate events to happen next would add more ghouls to haunt her mind. As the crocodile was felled so was Evaneska. She collapsed to the ground, wide eyes staring at the wounds of the mare. Erthe rushed towards her mother, her scream chilling. The dappled servant became oblivious to the things happening around her as the gruesome seen refused to release her gaze. She didn't get to see her friend blessed with magic, nor did she hear the words of the Sun God.

Time froze yet also ran too fast. At last she turned away, eyes pleading to the Sun God, "Please, my lord! Save her as you did us! Please! Don't.." Her injuries were forgotten as she stood, whole body trembling. "Someone! Anyone!" She didn't know what else to do besides try to flag down strangers or even the God's attention. "Please."

This was not peace.. this was not what had been promised. A young girl was losing her mother and for what?! Guilt drilled heavy into her heart. Send me back to the Rift, take my life. Reverse events so that this never happened. I do not care! Just please.. don't tear this family apart!"

mentions Sun God, @Shadow, @Erthë, briefly mentions Thantos
ooc Eska rears to deflect the attack but is heavily bruised on her shoulders and upper back. Scales cause shallow cuts. She then notices Shadow and, at first, she can do nothing before begging for the Sun God's help - or anyone's help.

image credits

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
The maiden of the moon had successfully struck the crocodile: ivory spiraled horns had made contact with the beast. A small smile dared to flit across her face. Behind the short ribs. That was sure to hurt this tainted beast that did not belong to these lands. He was a being of damnation that did not deserve to breathe - did not deserve to be graced by her presence or that of the God's. Nose crinkled in pure disgust as she stepped away from the monstrosity. Attacks continue to rain against the demon, causing it to writhe in pain. Good. He deserved to suffer.

In that moment a silver mare cloaked in electricity zipped passed her. Pain shocked her sides, already bloody and sun burnt, and caused her to near fall. Teeth gritted as she tried not to scream in pain as the electricity coursed through her veins. Every inch of her body began to feel numb. With narrowed eyes she watched the mare. At least she successfully attacked the crocodile.

As the beast was finally brought down the Sun God cast a light over it. She dipped her head in appreciation as this unwanted cretin was purified from the lands. While the sun was harsh and brash she still held respect for the counterpart of her beloved moon. Though his promise of no attacks was broken his oath of peace reigned true.

Her gaze sought for her herd, resting on the spotted frame of the proclaimed queen of her lands. Each movement made her want to scream but she refused to bow down. Only before the Goddess herself would she kneel. Slowly but surely the near naked woman approached Mauja's side. "May the Moon Goddess guide us home safely." she murmured in a prayer. "I am glad you are well, my brother and queen."

"Talk?"

mentions @Nyx, @Mauja
ooc successfully attacks the crocodile and takes no damage from the beast itself.. but as she moves away she is brushed by nyx's electricity. sparks burn her already sun damaged and boil ridden skin. she grows numb and weak, but refuses to falter as she slowly makes her way to mauja
image credits

@Random Event - BFB: Nuray was struck by Nyx's electricity.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia felt her horn sink deep into the beast, his bellowing howl ear splitting as she jerked the weapon from his flesh. She hissed in pain, feeling burning flames of blood kiss along her face and neck, and she mused that now she and Torleik matched. Was that an appropriate response? Feeling pride in knowing that you and your love were both marked with the same brand of violence? Ophelia stumbled backward at the god's command, watching as a small, winged mare threw a fireball, sending the crocodile to his ultimate demise. One of her hips bumped with Torleik's as she watched, leaning against him to be sure that he was there as she observed the sun god's fire burn out the remaining evil.

The flats were beautiful once more, the ripples of the glassy surface softening around their hooves, and she kissed her muzzle to his neck, humming quietly. The God of the Sun then gave her yet another gift, one that she knew immediately what she would do with. Ophelia smiled and thanked him, knowing that both she and Torleik had armor with which to protect their bodies. In his glory, the God of the Sun had given her a gift that she could impart on someone else, and that felt even better, in her opinion.

Phi smiled, nuzzling Torleik's ear. "Give me a moment," she murmured. Taking the hide, she laid it across her back and walked toward Gaucho and his friends. The Dragon's Throat had been instrumental in helping her when she was still a leader, and they had given them armor to succeed. This was a personal way she could return the favor. "Hello Gaucho," she said, nodding her head deeply. "I have armor here to give - perhaps to a warrior without his own," she said warmly.

She spied a large, dark stallion and nodded her muzzle. "Perhaps him?" she suggested, looking toward Einarr. Ophelia smiled and then returned to Torleik, nipping at his shoulder playfully.

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

[[ Ophelia gives her armor to Einarr]]

@Gaucho @Torleik @Einarr

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

So... Where was that crystal skin now; the promised embrace? Instead of caressing arms there was only the feeling of ruin left in patches on her skin. The smell of limbs being cut off running, dancing within the fumes of chaos, filling her lungs with a kind of drought she had not meant to breath in - but did so anyway. So perhaps In her darkest hour she was thankful for her sightless eyes, the black tar gluing shut her gaze so that she couldn't see. For, even though shattered and broken, she knew this was a world of mirrors.

The water still quivered around her hooves, although it had calmed down now, now that the fight was seemingly over. Seemingly so easily glued back together as if nothing had happened. The tragic scent of that almost made her huff. Yet it still seemed to have transferred its drill and her shoulders were shaking now instead; pulled into a mere numbing kind of embrace. Which was nice, because her shoulders were burned by the God’s blood once again, and her aching eyes (her skin) were laying in that rosy bed of aching pain and numbing trembling. Somehow she still stood on all fours, alive and well and she breathed heavily through her oozy lungs that drought, because she didn’t have a choice.

Suddenly she remembered talking to Ërthe. Why this flashback was occurring now she didn’t know, but it made her feel slightly sick. How could she have insisted she had known, how could she have insisted she was aware of how the world turned beneath there too mortal hooves. Because I’m old. Old and wise, so I should’ve known. But the truth was that there had never once in her life been a test she had to pass, never been a examinator telling her her way of thinking was a good or bad one, that her mind was a healthy orb; that she did not sin. Was she, then, perfect — Yet somehow she had been the one that had judged her own grade of righteousness.

And she remembered that too; the swing of her sword and the blow against her shield: The throwing of hooves against the skin of the false God that had stood in her precious, precious light. He deserved it, she managed to finally think in her for a long time silenced mind. She had had the bravery to attack the now dead crocodile god, but she hadn’t dared to get her thoughts together when it had all been said and done. She had asked and then walked away from it all. But still..— she thought and then sighed.

So, since she didn’t have that promised crystal embrace, she took her damp mist and curled it around her instead, felt only the bittersweet warmth from the knowledge of having protected her patron.

She ignored the blackness that dripped along her nose and out of her mouth, but, through the aftertaste of victory, it tasted bitter and weak with a hint of defeat. Then she heard someone scream and she instinctively looked up and moved towards that loud noise’s source, because she thought it felt awkwardly familiar, although there was nothing nice to see in these shattered mirror shards.

The echoes returned and she remembered all the words she and Shadow had exchanged, and she wondered when exactly in this sunlit, but seemingly forsaken time the birds had left their trees. And she randomly wondered if it had been the trembling, or perhaps the lack of that embrace.

Summary: Maren thinks stuffs and then spreads her mists a bit around her and then walks up to Ërthe and Shadow

Mentions  @Ërthe and @Shadow

CONTEST WINNER
@Random Event, because GLL

and also perhapscureorsomethingforstuff
Please tag me 
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good
As Ophelia made her way in his direction, Gaucho's attention diverted from those surrounding him, to the blood-tipped mare. He had seen the Sun God throw the armour created from the bones of the beast her way, and wondered if she was coming to have it tested out by physical magic - or perhaps merely to show them what their God had given to her. However no jealousy welled within the Wildfire. Ophelia had done far too much for him during their prolonged friendship - and he knew of the close relationship Ophelia shared with their fiery deity.

"Ophelia." He returned, his voice a warm and rich tone.

I have armor here to give - perhaps to a warrior without his own

Gaucho's dark ears flickered with curiosity. Such generosity ... especially when the Sun God had just given her the gift - why was she giving it away? Perhaps it was to discharge any obligation that she felt she had towards Gaucho - for his crafters had given her armour prior to the invasion of the Foothills. But surely she should know that he didn't expect repayment? Still, wisdom was a trait he ascribed to Ophelia, and so he merely nodded with deep appreciation at the gesture.

As she indicated to Einarr, Gaucho's lips pressed downwards as he contemplated it. Einarr was surely a warrior worthy of the gift, and as far as Gaucho knew, had no armour of his own. "Such a gift very thoughtful of Ophelia - Einarr -" The dun turned towards the stallion who could easily have been a distant cousin of his. "Ophelia have gift for you."

@Einarr 

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

I was determined that I was going to stick in this fight and see it out until the end. I'd already made one cripling hit by gouging out the crocodile's eye, I aimed to make another by piercing its throat with my horn. My main goal was to hit an artery and make it bleed out to kill it and I was ready to throw my weight into my attack when Archibald was suddenly in my way. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted at him before I realized that he was trying to protect me. Some insolent part of myself rebelled against the idea of him protecting me because I wasn't a child anymore. Another part of me was warmed by his desire to keep me safe from harm. It felt good to be important to someone else, but right then he was in my way and was keeping me from attacking the croc.

Then Mesec appeared next to him and I clenched my teeth together, wondering if he was trying to protect me, too. I didn't need to be protected! We needed to finally kill the croc before someone got hurt really badly. So I moved around them and I threw myself at the beast, my head tilted so my horn would hopefully find its mark... and it did. I felt resistance at first, but then the tip of my horn pushed through the crocodile's hide and into its throat and I felt the same sense of pride in myself as I had when I'd gouged his eye out.

But then my face was suddenly freezing and I didn't understand why at first because blood wasn't supposed to be cold, was it?I yelped and jerked away from the crocodile and shook my head wildly from side to side in my attempt to get the blood that was freezing me off of my face. While I was distracted Archibald had taken to protecting me again and ... really if it weren't for him it would have been me that the crocodile had bitten. Honestly, I'd rather if it had been me because there was nothing I hated more than someone being hurt because of me.

What followed was like the two fights before. The fallen beast's body was divvied up to those select few that must have helped the most in the battle. I wandered over to Archibald while that happened and when I was close I reached out to touch my muzzle to his shoulder. "Are you okay?" I asked because he'd been bitten, but I hardly waited for an answer from him before I was frowning. "Don't ever do that again! It could have killed you! You can't die!"

"." 

Credits

@Archibald

aud pixel!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

His massive horn hits its target. A few scales give way beneath the force of his blow, but the god’s hide is too thick for it to pierce through to his heart. His eyes are on Rexanna, who he proudly watches scrape some armor from the failing god. His chest burns with furor, eyes glowing with warlust and happiness. He had thought his body would protect her from injury.

But he was wrong, as the crocodile shoves his sharp skin into her delicate face. He curses aloud, ignoring the wrenching in his knee as he sweeps over to the gilded princess. His large body comes between her and the beast— but suddenly there is stillness. And silence. And the Sun God’s powerful, booming voice.

The crocodile is gone. Tokens of valor handed around to the warriors on the field. At his feet falls the skull of the giant lizard. Dark blue eyes study the gift, then look up at the Sun. He deeply bows his head, now understanding the reason for the fervor and loyalty the battlefield had shown to the deity.

He glances towards Mauja, ensuring that his lead is not grievously injured, before reaching down to grab the skull. It sparks his skin, still pulsing with the dying power of a god. Thoughts of what enchantments this skull will have begin to swirl through his large skill— ouch. A large skull that is pounding. Aching. He had thought the ringing in his ears was from the battle. But clearly it was something more.

Through eyes that were beginning to blur in the reflection of the flats, he sees Ophelia give her armor to another. His brows raise in surprise, for that is clearly the lead of Dragon’s Throat. There is so much history here that he does not know. He returns his eyes to Mauja, bobbing his painful head once.

Eyes squinting in pain, with a trickle of blood dribbling from his ears, he follows Rexanna to the edge of the battleground— seeking a quieter place away from others to ease the ache in his head. “Are you—” he winces as his deep voice rattles around in his skull, “—alright?” His words end on a whisper.
Image Credits

Please tag Tembovu.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The world was dark and quiet. Sounds came through blurred and muffed like far away, and only the thick rasp of his own breath pierced his senses. That, and pain. It all hurt. Every breath dragging out. Screams pierced the muffed sounds of his mind and the earth eyes flash awake at last. They roll for a moment, lost in the sunlight. The blinding light that was so unlike the shadows he knew. He groans against it all, sending a spiral of coughs from his lips. When the seizure of them stop he looks out. The world was blurred, shifting in wisps, and sideways? No. That’s not right. Head lifted from the salty earth, but its weight was heavy he nearly drops it back. And everything strained just to remember to live.

Blurs gain shapes. Shapes gain identities, and as he lay there upon the salt field the world began to return to him. The battle. He had come on another battle, and charged in. Then from the right, a hit, sacking his side, and then, nothing. But why- A hallow cry whispers through the wind. Haldir. The gold in the earth eyes flashes awake instantly.

Needles pierced into every surface of the black back, hot and spiked, and yet sending chills through his core. How could it be so hot and cold at the same time. Pale moon eyes were hidden, but that had not kept back the tears. God it hurt. Like nothing he had ever known the pain was so great it locked his body down. But as the pale eyes open to the world they tremble and tears threaten again because through all the shapes and creatures, he is not there. The golden was not there. And he might as well have been alone. Terribly, horrendously alone, and terrified. Because he for the first time was feeling his true mortality, and the darkness surrounding him.

Coughing in renewed struggle against the disease which held him still in its vice grip, the gold struggles through the crowds. There was celebration and smiles places but he shoves past them unthinkingly. Today was not a victory for him. His dirty coat wavers, threatened by his own movements as he struggles across the battlefield, searching. Pressing. Heart pounding in his throat to find the little black shadow.

He nearly steps upon him the creature is so small, and unlike his companion. But it is Haldir. Oh Haldir… Curled up tight, but air laced with the smell of his burnt fur. Troubled eyes shake as they look upon the wilted frame, the charred back. A whisper of a cry, questioning the horror of the sight leaves the golden’s lips. Cracking, and breaking into a fit of coughs he struggles to stifle. Black antlered head slowly looks up, his moon eyes ever blank and deep. The golden. He wanted to rise, to rush to him. To bury his head into the golden’s deep chest and never leave his side. But it was too great. Too much, and his head wavers, falling back again.

Panic slashes across the golden’s face, and his trembling body stumbles forward. Heavy head, low, inhales the thick air of burnt fur and it flinches away. The smell too evil to his nature and painful, but this was Haldir. Leafen forehead nudges the dark body then rolls against its soft neck. There was no time to analyze, no time to get angry over being forced to feel this care, this concern. There was only shared agony and pain.

The warm breath, though broken up and loud, rolls over the small stag’s skin, make it flinch and he curl tighter. But then the gentle touch, the soft, caring touch brushes against him. A warmth grows in his chest. Head snatches up to rise to the other, to press against it, and to feel the golden there, though the effort draws tears from his eyes again. For a moment the two stay like this, pressed against each other, blind to the world around them.

Then the golden retreats back, his sickness collapsing his breath and dragging it out into a fit of cough, this time blood draining out his nostrils. It had been the prior battle that had gained him the illness, and he had hoped time would mend its strange symptoms, but the blood spelled the doom, that it was only getting worse. The dark deer opens his eyes again, and though pain still trembles them, they also find a peace with the utter agony he finds himself in. The golden was here. It was all alright, and no more harm would come. For the small deer, it was all going to be alright now.

With the golden’s help, a rare gift, the deer stands. Pain pierced every nerve. Wincing the gold looks upon the wavering creature and his own body straining to watch. If there was anything, something-wait. With the slowness of his strained life the gold reaches in his satchel and pulls from it a small bundle of dried leaves, and a blue charm. He pulls a leaf from the bundle and lets the dripping blue charm moisten it. Flashes of the bay sweet thing come as he crushes the leaf mixing it into a terrible excuse for a paste. Haldir watches with empty eyes. Desperation cuts the golden short and upon returning the items to his pouch he dips his nose in. Grimacing he whispers assurances through their bond and brushes the paste upon the damaged skin. A cry screeches then cuts short as Haldir nearly falls to the earth again. But the herb does its job and the heated needles in his flesh cool. The dark stags head falls to the earth and his sides breathe easier. Not for the first time, and probably not for the last the golden blesses that sweet thing.

Anxious features watch the dark deer. Nose nudging him gently as if trying to waken him. Finally, after a moment the small head of Haldir rises in a worn smile. A long sigh falls from the gold and sends him into a fit of coughing again. But he barely noticed. Haldir moved to stand as close as he could to the golden’s salt covered coat. And both creatures found relief.

"Talk?"
OOC:: Blame Neo's music for the dramatics and dark mood. XD
we live like thieves
     kings among men

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
Pain had made me scream, fire from the battle had reached me even though I had stayed far away. Who did the fire belong to? I wouldn’t, couldn’t, believe that it belonged to the God. Certainly not him, how could he reward me for my prayers with pain and singed hair? The flames licked the base of my mane near by withers, scorching the fine pale hair that had been there.

I could smell it, my hair and skin had been burned, and the screams turned to sobs. I stayed where I was, kneeling in the shallow water, unable to find any ambition to move. I didn’t bother to look back and see how much of my skin had been burned, it hardly mattered.

Even a little was a travesty.

There was one voice saying that he would heal others, but there was a condition that I did not understand attached to it. ‘Dragon’s Throat’ what could that possibly mean? But I didn’t understand so I didn’t move, not yet.

There were thankful prayers to be issued now - my mind so completely ignoring the possibility that the great Sun God, he who had brought us into this paradise, who had fought with the others to save us, had been the one to burn me. Sobbing, I watch the crowd from where I lay in the water - some start to leave, others have fallen and there is the sound of crying. But maybe that was just my own. There would, of course, be sacrifices. Dealings with gods rarely resulted in anything else. Not that I wasn’t sad for them but I felt detached over here, unwilling and unsure of how to be a part of that violent group.

Golden eyes close again and I focus on what is around me so that I will not get lost again - on the gently lap of the water, envisioning a warm light that is keeping me safe.  
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

mentions Gaucho and Sunny vaguely but mostly just moping off on her own
just posting for ~*~closure~*~

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
so open up my eyes, tell me I’m alive.
this is never going to go our way.
The anger that fueled my attack began to slowly fade away as I spotted Tembovu in his attack as well. So he had made it after all and wasn’t going to be fallen on by this huge reptile. Relief spread through me, but I still charged the moving writhing creature. Horn aimed to pierce his thick hide but to no avail. A small sense of success flew into my mind, very pleased with how I actually hit the god. Though, I still didn’t puncture it, and as I tried my best to push further into it, I snagged onto a few scales. Then before I knew it, the creature bounded back right into my face. Cringing to myself, I stumbled backward, shaking my head furiously. Eyes slamming shut as I felt small pricks of blood grow on my face as if it were from getting a rash.

Breathing heavily, I felt like it grew harder to breathe. The black slime that slipped from my nose and eyes were now much more prominent. My trickling blood from my face mixing with the black in a kind of scarlet show of death. Opening up my eyes, I spot Tembovu in front of me ready to protect me from the giant reptile. Piercing light causing me to cringe a bit more, head beginning to throb. Figuring it was from the injury, my face stayed near Tembovu as the god fell. I watched the events before me like a dreamlike state. Seeing the skull of the crocodile fall before my love, ears perked to it. Watching Tembovu interact with it, I watched as it sparked his skin. Curiosity overcoming the pain and blood dripping from my pale creamy face.

Blue eyes watched him momentarily, offering a small smile. I turned from him, then, to head toward a spot more quiet hoping it helps my head ever so slightly. When I stop, I noticed that Tembovu had followed me. His voice wincing with pain as he asked if I were alright. The sound piercing my ears and causing me to squint my eyes slightly. “Y-Yes. I’m fine, Temb. A-Are you?” Stuttering slightly, I moved closer to him then, pressing my face into his chest slightly. Hoping the warmth and softness of his pelt would ease the pain of my head. I inhaled gently, looking up at him momentarily before squinting in the light again. “Do you ha- have a headache too?” I rushed my words hoping it would not be nearly as painful, but I was wrong. Lowering my head slightly into my chest forcing back a cough. Imagining having a racking cough with a pain like this seemed more like death.

"Talk?"
image credits

Mentions: @Tembovu

@Random Event for the GLL/HFH.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!