the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION)

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

"MAMA!"

The shrill scream cut through the din of thundering hooves, of battle cries and the crackling flames as the crocodile was destroyed. She had watched it all from her place on the ground, followed with fear and bleeding pity how the monster god was slaughtered without mercy. Its blood watered the sand and chilled the air, and for the first time in many weeks the girl had felt cool and comfortable. She had looked away for a second as familiar figures milled about her; Badger, his comment enabling her to smile amidst the horror. Tiamat, whose gentle touch brought her comfort and new strength, the steady backs of so many others. Evaneska, Maren, Tembovu, Megaera, Volterra... the list of names was growing longer with each passing day, soon she wouldn't be able to remember them all.

One second. It was all it took for her world to change forever.

When she turned back to the black figure it was only to see how the thrashing tail of the fallen God smacked into her mother and sent her flying backwards. Bumping into Badger, who in turn knocked over someone else, the Blackbird fell to the ground with her wing beneath her, crumbled to the sound of breaking bones.

Someone screamed, and it wasn't until she felt her throat tear that she realized it was her own voice. Tears rose unbidden in her eyes and rolled down the dusty, black-streaked cheeks as she scrambled up, her own pain forgotten in the need to reach the mothers side.

"Momma! Moma are you okay, are you hurt, are you...!?"

She crashed down beside the black-winged mare, a tiny white dove next to the broken crow. Immediately the alabaster coat absorbed the horrible blackish blood, staining her knees with crimson and ebony... But what did that matter when her mother could barely lift her head to answer?

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION) - by Erthë - 10-07-2015, 09:16 PM