the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION)

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

I was determined that I was going to stick in this fight and see it out until the end. I'd already made one cripling hit by gouging out the crocodile's eye, I aimed to make another by piercing its throat with my horn. My main goal was to hit an artery and make it bleed out to kill it and I was ready to throw my weight into my attack when Archibald was suddenly in my way. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted at him before I realized that he was trying to protect me. Some insolent part of myself rebelled against the idea of him protecting me because I wasn't a child anymore. Another part of me was warmed by his desire to keep me safe from harm. It felt good to be important to someone else, but right then he was in my way and was keeping me from attacking the croc.

Then Mesec appeared next to him and I clenched my teeth together, wondering if he was trying to protect me, too. I didn't need to be protected! We needed to finally kill the croc before someone got hurt really badly. So I moved around them and I threw myself at the beast, my head tilted so my horn would hopefully find its mark... and it did. I felt resistance at first, but then the tip of my horn pushed through the crocodile's hide and into its throat and I felt the same sense of pride in myself as I had when I'd gouged his eye out.

But then my face was suddenly freezing and I didn't understand why at first because blood wasn't supposed to be cold, was it?I yelped and jerked away from the crocodile and shook my head wildly from side to side in my attempt to get the blood that was freezing me off of my face. While I was distracted Archibald had taken to protecting me again and ... really if it weren't for him it would have been me that the crocodile had bitten. Honestly, I'd rather if it had been me because there was nothing I hated more than someone being hurt because of me.

What followed was like the two fights before. The fallen beast's body was divvied up to those select few that must have helped the most in the battle. I wandered over to Archibald while that happened and when I was close I reached out to touch my muzzle to his shoulder. "Are you okay?" I asked because he'd been bitten, but I hardly waited for an answer from him before I was frowning. "Don't ever do that again! It could have killed you! You can't die!"

"." 

Credits

@Archibald

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION) - by Ranjiri - 10-08-2015, 08:59 PM