the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION)

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
Pain had made me scream, fire from the battle had reached me even though I had stayed far away. Who did the fire belong to? I wouldn’t, couldn’t, believe that it belonged to the God. Certainly not him, how could he reward me for my prayers with pain and singed hair? The flames licked the base of my mane near by withers, scorching the fine pale hair that had been there.

I could smell it, my hair and skin had been burned, and the screams turned to sobs. I stayed where I was, kneeling in the shallow water, unable to find any ambition to move. I didn’t bother to look back and see how much of my skin had been burned, it hardly mattered.

Even a little was a travesty.

There was one voice saying that he would heal others, but there was a condition that I did not understand attached to it. ‘Dragon’s Throat’ what could that possibly mean? But I didn’t understand so I didn’t move, not yet.

There were thankful prayers to be issued now - my mind so completely ignoring the possibility that the great Sun God, he who had brought us into this paradise, who had fought with the others to save us, had been the one to burn me. Sobbing, I watch the crowd from where I lay in the water - some start to leave, others have fallen and there is the sound of crying. But maybe that was just my own. There would, of course, be sacrifices. Dealings with gods rarely resulted in anything else. Not that I wasn’t sad for them but I felt detached over here, unwilling and unsure of how to be a part of that violent group.

Golden eyes close again and I focus on what is around me so that I will not get lost again - on the gently lap of the water, envisioning a warm light that is keeping me safe.  
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

mentions Gaucho and Sunny vaguely but mostly just moping off on her own
just posting for ~*~closure~*~

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (CONCLUSION) - by Persephone - 10-09-2015, 04:15 PM