[OPEN] Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::

A voice.
Wynter trying to rouse her.
Blackness clung to her mind but she forced it away.

Two golden orbs blinked up at the King that peered down at her. Mauja. Despite everything that had happened; the feeling she'd betrayed others by leaving, that she wouldn't be welcome here and that this could very well be her resting place, a warmth filled her chest. The doe believed that the frozen legend would understand. He would understand and accept why she left and why she had come to him. After all, he'd also left The Basin, traveled around and found a new home. Arah only wished to do the same. Only wished to forget what many would see as betrayal and move on with her life. 

Stop trying to crawl out of the skin she was in. 

Only was he real? Or was her mind hallucinating in order to comfort her in these last moments? "Mauja?" Her voice rasped, eyes blinking up at the stallion. There was a mixture of doubt and joy in her tones, wanting it so desperately to be real. "Is it really you?" Wynter was eagerly trying to assure her mistress that it was real. He was here for her, for a while she was safe from other eyes. Eyes that sought to destroy her. For a while she was silent, staring up at the white stallion, wanting him to assure her that it would be alright. In the end, she would be alright.  

The rain still fell in heavy sheets but it was another noise made her ears prick. Another large stallion approached them looking down upon her with concern, she returned his gaze for a moment. Inspecting his patterned coat, his kind eyes, dark hair and a brilliant horn, the doe was impressed not only by his statue but by his tender voice. This stallion was larger than possibly anyone she'd met before. Already a smaller mare, when rightened she would still be absolutely dwarfed by his humongous size. Strength, prowess and kindness radiated from him. Then Arah followed his gaze, inspecting her own coat and body. Weak, exhausted but clean. Washed away of her previous troubles, today she would begin again. Arah wanted to survive, she wanted to heal and regain her honour. Only The Basin did not seem like her home anymore, so she was chasing the ghosts, hoping they would lead her into a brighter future.

Turning back to the stallions, the doe offered a half apologetic smile. The other half? Perhaps dry humour. What was she doing here? The doe continued to study the larger stallion through strands of dripping hair, she wondered about him, who was he? How much sway would his words have? Yet in his and Mauja's presence she felt safe; also happy that she'd left the spiderweb that was The Basin's hierarchy of betrayal. "Unfortunately the weather has little to do with it." The mare croaked, eyes dancing between the two. Despite not knowing the larger stallion she was speaking to him just as much as Mauja. "I've left The Basin, they...he named Thranduil lead." Shaking her head and swallowing back her anger, Arah continued with a little more spark. "I couldn't follow them anymore, I...I...Mauja, I can't do it." With a sigh she paused to glance at Wynter, the companion that she had to keep safe. She'd failed her daughters, failed her herd but she had not yet failed the griffin. "Please." Golden orbs returned to the stallions. "Please help me, let me join The Edge." The doe knew it would be no walk in the park, she'd spied for The Basin, worked with them for years. Whereas The Edge was a peaceful land, it did not deserve the burden of carrying her past sins. Perhaps they would not accept her because of her past transgressions.  
She would not spy for The Edge, she saw this as repaying a debt to the years The Basin had been for family. For now her place within this new homeland (if they accepted her) would be simply rebuilding herself. 

Eyes darting between the two she tried and failed to muster some dignity. "Please." Begging, was all she been reduced to  an empty, poor, broken beggar of a shell? Perhaps that was no more than she deserved. Golden eyes turned up and she watched the rain fall, giving them any time they needed to deliberate the situation. Would they trust her? Would they give her this chance to heal? 

@Mauja
@Tembovu
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future. - by Arah - 10-08-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future. - by Mauja - 10-21-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future. - by Tembovu - 11-08-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future. - by Arah - 11-22-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future. - by Mauja - 12-17-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: Chasing Ghosts Of Our Future. - by Tembovu - 12-20-2015, 03:24 PM