the Rift

[OPEN] Hurts Like Heaven

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
In our short interaction, I’ve warmed to this mare. Her smile seems perfect to me, warm and comforting. Reality may be different but my reality was often different than others - I had grown up sheltered. I had not so much as scraped a knee before I had fled from my home. And… and now! I almost miss her offer of a home, of healers, through my sobbing but I catch it and hold tight to it. A nod is all I can manage in response though because my breath has gotten away from me - escaping from my lungs in panicky gasps as I try to get it under control.

I might have never stopped crying if she hadn’t moved toward me, replacing the charred flowers in my tail with beautiful ones that had been growing by her feet. I turn my head to follow her movements, forgetting to cry as I watch her.

A simple act but it meant so much to me. “Thank you.” The two words, fragile as they were in my broken voice, are filled with such emotion - I am truly and utterly thankful for this mare and the kindness that she has shown me. It has been the first since I arrived here and I wonder if there is anyone else like her here. The fact that I have been sobbing in this land ever since it was cleansed by the fire god and that is why I have not yet found another kind soul is not a thought that goes through my mind. I’m too busy silently praising her, thanking the gods that they had sent her here for me. My angel.

I finally manage to catch my breath - and it starts to become more regular instead of the terrible halting breaths of a moment ago. A shy smile appears in my golden eyes as I look away from the flowers and back toward her, hope already taking such firm hold of me that I am already doomed. “My name is Cora.” I offer, my voice still shaky but stronger now - pulling strength from the ridiculous belief that somehow the new flowers had improve my beauty to its natural state.

And I hope that this mare's home, where there are healers that can help me, is as beautiful and kind as she is.
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

@Lothíriel
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Hurts Like Heaven - by Persephone - 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Lothíriel - 11-14-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Persephone - 11-18-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Lothíriel - 11-21-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: Hurts Like Heaven - by Persephone - 12-02-2015, 10:35 PM