the Rift

[OPEN] Hello (building)

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

It’s over (breathe). It’s over (breathe). It’s overbreath. Maren’s eyes watched the flames dance as she inhaled, breast swelling and lowering as the thoughts sliced through her mind. The same thoughts over and over again, making it impossible for her to really find a way through the maze of it all. As if there wasn’t anything else to think of; she was lost. It was hot and the fires were high as a droplet of sweat that had been swelling itself to beads let go —But that. That it was over. The fires danced, reflected in her tired, golden stare that she had thought impaled the whole world. And yet, when it came down to the pragmatic pursuit, there was nothing for her to see. Like on a foggy day, her world had suddenly decreased into a claustrophobic cage.
—But was it really?

It was like her religion got turned upside-down, inside-out —and she had to learn how it worked all over again. Because she apparently didn’t know. Everything seemed so out of her league now and she was confused. Confused and hurt — and hurt... And for some reason she felt that, even though she had no right to.

It didn’t matter how much they (she) needed something like a sign, an explanation for the chaotic happenings that had caused such disarray, for she was still just a seer and she was, or should be, devoted to looking forward instead of questioning what had yet passed. But, as a priestess, too, she hadn’t felt so disconnected with being a diviner as now. And even though there was something about that maze in her mind that made that impossible; move forward, there wasn’t really a choice. So even though she would be leaving a part of her sanity behind, it was what it would take for her to go onward towards the future, so that she would keep her existence clear. Perhaps after a while, when that shadowed fragment and the maze it had created would have turned into a straight line, she would take it back. Until then she would keep it safely hidden in her nightly dreams and pretend it did not exist beyond.

The fires blazed and turned and at that moment she wondered how she could have ever had held that much security that she would come to understand every twist, every turn; shake, break; blow, wave of these sacred flames, of this divine light. How could I have ever been so arrogant? But her tearless eyes felt rehearsed and her throbbing heart felt like a secret she needed to hide — even when there was no way to. “My Lord.” She bowed her head to the fires as her whisper got caught in the smoke. Her wings lay still on the warm breeze, ears turned to the sides. “Good midday,” she swallowed. Along came all the questions; pushed them down her throat. So instead she turned up her eyes in which the fires reflected once again, like they would in anyone's. Somehow it hurt and still, through the shackles, at least her faith was true.

...But it was still too early, and thus she eventually went on doing whatever else she had to do that day. As her eyes turned to the finished foundation of the lighthouse, she wondered when she would be able to finish it —what else she would need for it to properly work as a light for guidance. And then there was the church, which had the land cleaned out and the beginning of the structure standing. It would be able to fit a good couple of horses in, but by far not the whole of the family. Maren's hooves wandered over, touching the bare metal that already stood with her nose, warmed in the sun.

She started rolling rocks towards where the walls would come, for at least that way she was doing something to keep her mind busy with no thoughts, for once. Just action and sweat.

fire-watching! I hope it isn't to early for this
Leading tiers feel free to budge in, others also welcome c:

Using the large item from Maren's seasonal crafting slot for rocks.

Open thread!
Please tag me 

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Between two evils, always pick the one you have yet to try

It was no perfect day, it was no perfect life, but he was content in himself. Worries were not cast upon his horned head, his thoughts weren't clouded, resting in a clear ease. It was in these days that he wondered, let the land speak to him, while he traveled across it's isles, soaking in all that it had to offer. Soon, he would have to patrol, something that never really bothered him. Patrolling allowed an excuse for his constant wondering, that in all actuality was just wondering.

Miseal's nostrils flared, sucking in the warm tones and dry sands of throat. The smell of burning caught his attention though, large steps covering the ground to find the source of such a smell. It wasn't soon that he arrived, a great fire stretched in front of him, licking the air with hot and wild flames. He recognized the tender as Maren, the mare who had pulled him out of the angering and clutching grasps of Rohan. He was forever in her debt for that, as Miseal could easily lose his temper around the antlered fool. Perhaps, he could help her. He realized very quickly as the fire flickered within her golden gaze, that a certain light was missing, an aurora not encompassing her as he knew originally would. Miseal did not think of Maren as the women he saw now, a questioning brought about his thoughts.

Miseal did not make his presence known just yet, watching the winged work on some structure, caramel looking upon in slight curiosity and confusion as she rolled and placed stones. She was beautiful, all creams, whites, rusts, and onyx's, too pretty to be burdened by the world that was so known for screwing up things, destroying happiness. He wanted to know her story, Miseal was like a child, always craving a desire that only literature and stories could settle.

Walking slowly, as if not to startle her, he spoke then, words low and untouched by the frustrations that boiled within which he placed on simmer for the clear hours it was allowed. "Would you like my help?" He asked, the question broad enough to apply to anything she wished for it to apply too. Miseal was in particular high spirits today, a rarity to take advantage of.

"Talk?"
OCC: yay posted! It's meh but yay!
image credits

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Najya had re-adjusted quickly to life in the desert.  She hadn’t realized how much she had missed the dry heat and shifting sands until they were safely underfoot once again.  She had to admit that the journey across the sea on the wings of flame was alarming, to say the very least, but the feeling of flight was something that she still remembered.  The little mare imagined that it was something that you got used to in time.  

Even though Najya was a creature of the desert, everything in the Throat was new to her.  She was, however, relieved to find that it was everything (and more) that Mesec had said it was.  Safe.  Sanctuary.  She needed a place to rest and to heal, especially following the battles with the foreign Gods.  She had needed a place to rest and heal before the battles, but never got the opportunity.  After the first battle her eyesight had been compromised by the illness that had spread from the bamboo forest.  Now that some degree of time had passed, she felt some of the life returning to her bones.  The heaviness she carried with her had lightened somewhat.  The little mare allowed herself the opportunity to hope again that maybe she would be able to write a new future for herself.  

So far, the flaxen mare had kept to herself since arriving in the Throat.  This was out of character for the mare, but the need to process all she had seen – the fighting and the loss – had drawn her away from the others.  However, the familiar longing to be around others – to be apart of things – was tugging at her.  It was the fire that had drawn her eye.  It seemed that much of the Throat was filled with fire both literally and figuratively.  But it was real flame that drew her eye today.  Even from a distance, Najya could see the silhouette of another against the flames, and curiosity got the best of her.  

By the time she arrived, the flames had been abandoned for semi-built structures a short distance away.  Again, Najya’s curiosity got the best of her.  She found that the figure who had been bathed in flame had already attracted some company. It seemed the two were acquainted, and the mare hoped that they didn’t mind another.  She had done a poor job of meeting herdmates aside from Ampere and Mesec, and she truly hoped to rectify her shortcomings.  ”Sorry if I’m interrupting.  My name’s Najya,” she offered, in a rather clumsy introduction, but still dipped her head in polite greeting.  When she drew herself back up to her full height, her hazel eyes flicked between the two – the striped mare with the small wings and the unicorn that all but towered over her.  Najya smiled, genuinely, and continued. ”I’d be happy to help too.  What is it that you’re building?”

- N A J Y A -

tags: @Maren @Misael
image credit

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

The golden mare listened to the words of her companion.  Those words are straight forward but they leave the promise of a mystery to linger for some future time and a small, sweet smile graces the listener’s features.  That smile grows markedly as the curve eared maiden responds with recognition and affirmative acknowledgement to Riel’s final question.  No longer tentative or reserved she steps further from the shadows of her tree, coming forward to join Najya.

It is very good to know that the electric blue female is still about and apparently, well thought of.  I have always felt just a little guilty for bugging off after she’d offered to help me.  Know I am hoping that her offer of a place to rest and recover might expand and become an offer of home.  Being from a large, mobile “army” that never returned to the same place twice (at least not in my lifetime) I’ve never understood those who root themselves to just one range.  Yet, in my recent disappointing wanderings I found myself longing for that very permanence all the same.  So, it thrills me immensely when this fine lady offers to guide me south.

A smile, childish giggle of glee, escapes the glittering female as she bobs her head in excited agreement.

“Oh, yes please!  It’s been awhile now and I’m afraid I’d get dreadfully lost if I attempted to find it on my own. If you feel up to journeying further tonight, I do think I’ve slept quite enough for the time being...”

Apparently assuming that her newfound guide will say yes she moves forward, pausing just a second by the wingless one’s side to nudge her shoulder.  Then she walks on with her great wings folded tightly in polite, but silent, acknowledgement of the other’s grounding.  After advancing a few body lengths she stops and peers back over her shoulder sheepishly.

“Um… I guess I should really let you lead.”

~ ~ * ~ ~

They traveled through the night, through the next day, and then stopped to rest.  After a few hours they were off again and this pattern repeated until at last the glimmer of the southern sea could be seen on the horizon, glistening in the sun.  It would be a lovely sight for anyone but is likely especially so for one as starved of anything familiar as Riel has been.

“Have you ever been somewhere and just known that it was the right place for you to be?”

Her words are soft, breathy and directed at no particular creature but Najya is the only being around to hear them.  For a few moments she stands, gazing ahead with wonder anticipation, taking it all in.  Then she springs into a lively trot, calling over her shoulder to the other mare.

“Come on, I’ll race you to the shore!”

Without waiting for an answer she bounds ahead increasing her speed with no reservations.  When she come within sight of the shore and the sands of the island beyond she seems to forget herself.  Spreading first one and then both sets of her massive wings wide in the blessed open space she begins to beat them together gently stroking the air around her and then she leaps forward and soars out over the vast blue.  She does not look back and appears to give no thought at all to how her wingless companion will accomplish this crossing.

~ ~ * ~ ~

Many sunny days and starry nights have passed and Riel has kept to the clouds above the large island.  Her body glints golden when the light catches her form and so she can not have gone unseen this entire time.  Perhaps they mistook her for someone they are familiar with, or maybe they simply do not consider her a threatening presence.  Whatever the reason no one has come to investigate the strange female playing with their cloud banks.  At night she comes down on the shores, hugging the water, presumably deciding that she would not draw unwanted attention if she did not invade the heart of their territory.

I find that upon arriving the place I so desired to find I have become uncharacteristically shy and cautious.  This is not at all like me but having unwisely abandoned the one who might have served as my introduction into this very foreign society, I am not sure what to do now.  I suppose I should hunt down Najya, or Ampere.  The second is unlikely to remember me however and the first, well let’s just say I am ashamed of how I left her last.  I can not keep to the skies forever though and sooner or later I will be found.  It would be better to make myself know before that happens I suppose.

It is another early morning, the sun peeks through the clouds and for the first day in many the rain does not fall.  Riel is flying again, through the skies above the Dragon’s Throat, but this time she does not appear to be doing so aimlessly.  She is allowing herself to be seen, skimming low and slowing over each gathering she comes across as if taking careful note of the participants.  Around midday she comes upon a group of three and the sunlight glints familiarly of a rounded golden disc on the head of the third.  Her flight seems to take on an enthusiasm that it lacked before.  She circles the three then calls down to one among them.

“Najya!  Good sunrise to you friend!”

Her voice is pleasant, loud and joyful.  She comes to land beside the thin, dark chestnut frame and extends her muzzle towards the other female giving a soft wuff of warm breath in greeting.  Then, seeming to remember something, she hangs her head.  

“Sorry, for leaving you like that.  I wasn’t thinking and I guess I got a little carried away in my excitement.  How did you get across?”

Her attention remains on the ground only so long and though she keeps one ear trained on the lady beside her she is quickly distracted by the movement of the others.

Najya’s company is unusual today, at least by my reckoning.  The male is common enough, his brindled hide is striking but not something I haven’t seen before even when one adds in the blue wrapping his neck and the impressive horns.  I would not say he is my type but he is handsome in his way.  I grant him an appreciative once over from horn tips to hooves then nod in polite acknowledgement.  The woman is different though she too wears a brindled coat of sorts. The things that truly catch my attention are the wing-like appendages that extend from the sides of her head very nearly replacing her ears.  What use can these things possibly be?  I wonder and many questions form that I wish to ask her but I am not so dull as to avoid picking up on the slight air of reverence the seems to seep from those surrounding her.  So, I keep my lips clamped tight on those questions… for now.

“What are we helping with?”

Riel’s voice this time is a low, raspy whisper and the words slide out the side of her mouth meant only for Najya’s hearing.

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

@Maren ; @Misael ; @Najya

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

The mare was rolling rocks, scraping her nose from time to time to the rough surfaces she quite literally faced. Perhaps she almost knocked herself out accidentally deliberately whenever she reminded herself that she couldn't rewind the feelings and emotions she held. This was how she coped, she started to slowly realize... but yet still did not admit to herself. Like she told Gaucho the first time she came here, whatever she did or would do, she was also a warrior. She would always be. Yet, she wasn’t meant to think the things that were dancing through her mind, and the things she was supposed to be and not supposed to be were merging into some kind of mountain she wasn't sure she could climb.

She had never been that good at being aware of others that had managed to get into her space. Often she just didn’t see them, or she would tell herself afterwards that they hadn’t been loud enough for her to know they were there to begin with. She hadn’t heard him coming, either. Although she wouldn’t have given him credits for that either way, since she was such an easy target to sneak up on for basically anyone and their neighbor.

When she heard his voice her head swung up, leaving the rock she had been pushing as it was. “Misael,” she noted rather stupidly with a dry throat before realizing he had just asked her if he could help. Her golden eyes were silent (like always) as they thought about that, although her mind wasn’t really helping as it was still pestered by noisy thoughts she just preferred to leave behind at this point. But anyway, she wasn’t bright enough at the moment to know he meant anything, when he asked her. And even if she did, she wouldn’t accept it to be, as she, at the moment, wanted everything around her to just magically be… simple.
Just for once.

”Sorry if I’m interrupting.  My name’s Najya,”

Maren’s eyes glanced past Misael’s huge frame to see the petite mare appear. Maren’s ears swooped forward a little more, as this was obviously a new face she was yet to know anything about. Nevertheless, Maren couldn’t help but question why the mare was apologizing. If one interrupted, just... interrupt. Either way, it would always be at least slightly annoying, but, being the not-very-much-caring-about-anything today kind of Maren, she didn’t point it out to her in words. “I am the Diviner of the throat, Maren. Nice to meet you,” she said, more to Najya then Misael, as she thought he either must or was supposed to know by now. But since they had asked the same thing, Maren turned to both of them after the required introductions were over. “I would gladly have the help of both of you," she admitted, pulling out a gloomy smile. "Do you have any experience with building? Because we are building a Church.” She paused, thought about it for a moment realistically. Who in these lands would have experience with building churches, if even she hadn’t? Wasn’t that asking for a non-existent luxury? So she continued after a slightly apologetic clearing of her throat, turning it into more of a celebrational cheer than the serious question it was meant as. “This will probably be one of the first — if not the first church in Helovia, so if you would decide to add your effort into this project, it would mean that you have helped history be born to these lands.” Because she was very much excited for that. ...And that’s awesome, now isn’t it” she said, nodding with the words, probably more to herself.

And suddenly (basically out of nowhere) there was this other mare, who she hadn’t seen coming either (she just hadn’t). Yet, she couldn’t help but note that Najya could learn a lot from her when it came down to the art of interrupting. Maren’s gaze wandered up to the sky where a gold, four-winged mare shouted down, probably completely ignoring the possibility of importance that this meeting could have held (did not really, but could have). Then the new girl landed on her hooves, next to Najya, and went up in a very not-interesting conversation with her about having been ‘carried away’ and about ‘excitement’, which she couldn’t help think should’ve been held in a more private area.

She watched them with her silent, judgmental golden eyes. Get a room, damnit. — And she just was about to get the ball rolling nicely, too. Nevertheless, Maren kept her lips shut. Only her eyebrows were raised with obvious question, something which she supposed was only natural in these.. circumstances. Not that she wanted to know what was going on, nope. Not this time.  

Yet, somewhere she was disappointed and frustrated, because she had regretfully grown excited about the help they had offered and now she had to explain again.
We are helping the diviner of the Throat with building a Church for our patron, which is the Sun,” she informed the new mare slightly rushed. She could not help it, however, since her patience was simply one of the more fragile things about her. But then she sighed inwardly, swallowed her frustration before asking:
“I would appreciate your help, if you are willing. With your wings you can get to the higher parts a lot easier than us.” She pushed out a smile before going on about informing what Maren could use their help with. She wasn't a bad-guy, after all. She was just done with everything and anyone at the moment. Just wanted to have something to do... and she really could use their help. 

Maren had already made metal notches in the metal frames that were going to be the walls, much looking like a bee’s nest at the moment. In the notches was where the collected rocks (that were laying in piles across the site) were going to fill the holes in the walls up. After all, if they would’ve used metal to completely cover the building, it would turn into a over-sized oven within mere minutes. This way there could still be a little ventilation. "Doable, right," she cheered in a Maren-kind of way, before going back to work herself.

I find it so hard to explain how things are build, or how far we actually are (because we still don't really know). Hope it is at least a little clear! But rolling rocks and putting them into place in the metal frames is basically whats happening. /// I have no clue=this post

@Riel
@Najya
@Misael
Please tag me