the Rift

made of scars

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
take all the examples and what have i learned?
nothing can heal you and everything burns.
</style>

Ktulu appreciated the armor that Archibald's brother had stolen and given to her, honestly she did. It would just take some time for her to get used to the weight of it on her body and the way it clicked and tinked as she moved. The one thing she didn't like about it, though, was the way it adhered to her body like a second skin and the pain that came along with removing it. It was far more painful than the changes her body went through as she shifted into a bear, or the way her skin had blistered and burned when she'd been burned by fire, and far more painful than when she'd given birth. Still, even with the pain that came with it she shed the armor from her body with Eytan's help. She grunted and she bit her tongue to keep herself from screaming as the armor came off and once it was finally removed she stood panting and sweating and ready for a fight.

'Why?' Eytan asked as he sat next to the pile of armor, his eyes squinting against the glare of the sun overhead. 'Archibald is big. Strong. He has armor." The dark mare regarded her companion and smirked. "Because I want to fight him" She replied. "I want to feel my flesh against his, my hooves against his muscle. I want to fight the stallion not his armor." And she knew that if she shed her own and stood there in the vulnerable flesh he would do the same. Eytan only stared in response, not truly understanding his bonded's wish, but he knew better than to push her or question her. Once Ktulu's mind was made up there was no changing it. 'Okay.' He finally said and he stood to move from the armor to Ktulu and she shook her head. "No." She told him. "You're not fighting with me today."

'But...!' The bear cut himself off when his bonded looked at him, the sharpness in her crimson eyes enough to silence him immediately. "I said no."

She turned then and strode forward, her muscles flexing and rippling under her dark coat with each move she made. She felt free and excited and ready to face off against the stallion who commanded the most respect from her. "ARCHIBALD!" Ktulu bellowed. "Come fight me!"

"."

Word count: 394

0/3

ooc://
Setting: Noon in the Falls - no clouds. its h o t
No magic, armor, or companions :D
street brawl, yay!

Image Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald the Dauntless

You need to know that you're in for the fight of your life

She is calling for us. Loretta cooed, excitement lighting her very core. The malamute pranced at Archibald's side, the idea of brawling with Ktulu giving her a new drive. This will be fun! She exclaimed, a yip of excitement leaving her jaws.

You aren't participating. Archibald expressed coldly, stepping toward where Ktulu's voice called from.

WHAT!? She growled, ire raising in her dog's mind.

She called for me. He said plainly, giving no fuel to the malamute's fire. Nonetheless, Loretta stalked after him.

When the pair met Ktulu, Archibald lifted his head some. It was only a matter of time before the Champion called him again to fight with her. He had initiated the fight when she tried to leave, and here she was, still in his forest. Go find Eytan. Archibald commanded the cur, a flick of his dark tail dismissing her. The pounding of his head was great in this heat, and he was already sweating. Tallsun in this humid forest would be hell, he knew, but his heart pumped with too much love for this place, this history, these hidden paths to let any word of complaint leave the silent bond between he and Loretta.

"You called this duel, but I will set the parameters. No magic, none of my armor. You have my word." Archibald already noted that Ktulu's recently gifted armor did not hold onto her curvaceous sides. Snorting, the Dauntless squared himself up. Thick neck arched above his wall-like shoulders, chin tucking naturally to protect his throat from hungry teeth. The stallion knew better than to think this was a challenge for his rank, but the thought crossed his mind in the dark depths. It was quickly swept away, however. He knew Ktulu's character, and her heart. If she wanted to lead, her desire was at Archibald's side, and not above him. A small smirk crossed his otherwise stoic features, and he commanded the dark woman. "Make your move, Constrictor!"

[PC: 0/3 | WC: 326 | AWE YIS]

image credits

@Ktulu

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

A smirk slowly curved Ktulu's mouth upward as Archibald said that he would set the parameters of their fight. She had already shed her armor and instructed Eytan to stay on the sidelines for the duration of the fight, so the fact that Archibald would meet her on equal ground sent a thrum of excited anticipation through her. "Tell me Archibald." The dark mare practically purred. "When did you get to know me so well that my desires became predictable?" Had their friendship really been long enough for him to know what she wanted before she even spoke it? Was their bond really that strong?

Her crimson eyes swept over every inch of the massive stallion's frame as he squared himself up for their fight and she knew that she had her work cut out for her. Archibald's far greater bulk meant that his hits would be far more damaging than her own, and she knew from experience that they were well matched in speed, but her agility was greater than his. It was what she would have to use to her advantage if she wanted to best the Czar in their spar. The humor faded from her eyes as he commanded her to make her move. "I will not hold back, Archi." She warned. I will use everything I have against you. "I expect you to do the same."

Ktulu's hooves shifted as she prepared herself for her first attack, one that she decided rather quickly would be a test to see if the heat would make his movement sluggish like she hoped. 'Be careful...' She heard Eytan's warning from his place on the sidelines, but she ignored him and focused, instead, on Archibald. Her muscles bunched in her haunches and she sprang forward, her hooves beating against the ground as she charged Archibald. She hoped that the boldness of the move would come as a surprise to the stallion who was built like a mountain. What kind of crazy mare would charge him?

Her path shifted as she came close so she would not crash into Archibald and injure herself should he decide to stay standing where he was. (She could just imagine herself slamming into his chest and falling over while he just stood there and looked at her.) Instead attempted to try to skirt past Archibald's right side and angle her horn so that she could try to slice his side with the tip of it. She hoped that if she was successful in cutting him that it would hinder his movement.

"."

Word Count: 427

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald the Dauntless

You need to know that you're in for the fight of your life

Loretta, disgruntled and sour, found Eytan in the distance. Lowly she growled, teeth gnashing at the air. It was hard to communicate with the bear, but she hoped that her friend would understand she was not growling at him but at the mountain she was bound to. Dropping her boy down into the dirt near the grizzly, the malamute huffed and shut her mind off from Archibald--she did not want to hear any of his shit right now. Resting her head on her paws, Loretta decided she would stay here until that bastard was to find her. Until he did, she would stay silent.

As the stallion prepared himself for the battle to come, the part of his mind that Loretta occupied went dark. It was different from when their bond was severed by the absence of the gods from Helovia, and he knew it was not permanent. She had closed herself off from him. The behemoth grunted, tail flicking. For as long as Loretta had been able, she had been at his side in battle. He understood that it hurt her now to be cast aside, but this fight was worth more than victory. Ktulu was not some streetside vagabond he wished to dominate, or a slick-tongue he wished to silence. No, Ktulu was his Champion, and Archibald had been called to test her mettle--or so he thought. While he knew Ktulu quite well, Archibald could not say for certain why he had been called here today. A small smirk lit his features when a prediction crossed his mind. Had Ktulu called him today because she felt no challenge against fighting the warriors below her? He wanted to chuckle at the thought, but instead he quieted his mind. He knew he would need to stay focused, as he always was in spars, but especially today. The Constrictor was no spring filly, innocent to the ways of this world. Her body had been twisted and used in war just as his had, and she had experience tucked into the very fiber of her muscles, just as he. Today, the Dauntless would wrestle with someone who matched him in heart, soul, and will.

With his invitation, the black mare came barreling toward him. The stallion lowered his head some, muscles tightening and preparing a quick launch of his body. He had seen Ktulu move in battle before, and knew they could keep pace with each other, but her thinner limbs and smaller hooves could easily dance around him. Thankfully for him, however, Ktulu was not the first crazy mare to run at him headlong, with her horn pointed to decimate. In the shadows of the sunken caverns, Nyx had begun their tussle the same exact way. Snorting, Archibald lurched forward. Predicting that Ktulu would follow the same tactics Nyx would use, Archibald aimed to turn his body slightly into Ktulu, with his massive shoulder leading the way. He intended to slam his body into her right side with all of the force his massive, muscled body held. Like lightning, his neck shot out and his pale lips peeled away from blunt teeth, aiming to bite onto the shorter mare's topline, just behind her withers. As he did so, he felt the all-too-familiar sting of pain as her horn scraped like a razor across his flesh. Refusing to show his pain, Archibald kept his features stony and let no grunt or hiss escape his biting jaws. He would not give the black dun the satisfaction of having caused some sort of primal reaction from him, for the sight of his blood from the shallow wound would surely be enough to send Ktulu on a high of her own power.

Despite the cut being shallow, it still bled and it still stung. The exposure to oxygen and the small trickle of blood that soaked from the corner into his dark hide made the muscles surrounding the cut throb. Her horn had made its mark just behind his right shoulder, before his flank. The cut was small, and in a short time the pain would be forgotten. Thankfully the small injury would not hinder his movements, though he suspected that it would continue to bleed from using the muscles beneath the wound. Ktulu's horn was a lethal weapon, and this injury did not do justice to its true abilities. Archibald knew it; he also knew if he had not met her on her charge that her attack could have been much greater. The sun above them waged war on Archibald's dark coat, sweat forming already beneath dark hairs as he engaged in battle. Pale nostrils flared as the stallion breathed heavily, iron-clad hooves digging into the grassy earth below to continue to try and push into Ktulu further.

[PC: 1/3 | WC: 794 ]

image credits

@Ktulu

Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Her horn bumped and scraped along Archibald's side, jostling her neck as it did so but there was no time for her to celebrate or to feel any kind of accomplishment for managing to strike the massive Czar with her horn. She knew that any lapse in her concentration would be detrimental in her fight against Archibald and that he was an experienced enough warlord to capitalize on it and send her reeling. The time for her to celebrate would be when she stood victorious and could truly say that she was Archibald's equal not only in heart but in prowess.

There was no growl or hiss from Archibald as her horn sliced against his side, but Ktulu knew him well enough to know that he would not allow her to see that she caused him pain. She'd seen it in his other fights and had always chalked it up to his attempt at shaking his opponent's confidence in their abilities. How could his enemies possibly win if they were seemingly unable to make the giant feel pain? Unfortunately for Archibald, Ktulu knew him, so his stone face would not shake the confidence she had in her own abilities. In fact it only made her more determined to make the stallion show a grimace of pain on his handsome face.

His teeth closed on her topline, pinching her flesh and pulling away black and bronze hairs, but she had expected for him to use his teeth against her as well as his muscular body. She met his body with her own, shoving her smaller frame against his heftier one, but she'd had one goal in mind. Don't let him knock you down. If she had leaned away from him and tried to escape from his attack she knew there was a high possibility that he would throw her off balance and the last thing she wanted was for him to throw her on the ground. There she would be at the mercy of his massive hooves and she would never be able to live down being thrown to the ground during a fight.

The problem with meeting Archibald's body slam was that her shoulder took the brunt of the hit and she was sure that she would be sporting an ugly bruise that would make her shoulder painful for several days after the fight. Then there were her knees that were strained when she'd dug her hooves into the ground in her effort of staying upright. It was a dull, persistent ache that she knew from experience would only get worse once she stopped moving and her joints had time to rest, but she could not dwell on that right then. She had to push herself and keep fighting against her Czar.

She jerked her body away from Archibald's, her normally quick movement hindered somewhat by the ache in her knees from her battle against his body slam. Still, she pivoted and her teeth ground against one another as she put her weight on her aching forelegs as she bucked, her hind legs flashing out to strike at the stallion should he still be there. Her hope was that the sudden departure of her weight fighting against his own would cause him to stumble into her kick and that she would hear the hollow thud of her hooves against the left side of his rib-cage.

The moment her hooves touched the ground Ktulu was moving because she refused to be a stationary target for Archibald to slam into again. She knew that her body and her muscles could not take many hits like that, so she cantered in a wide circle. Her ears rotated as she listened for the Czar and the thunder that accompanied his hooves every time they touched the ground. She was prepared, when she heard him coming, to break into a headlong gallop despite the heat and the ache in her legs because she was determined that she would wear him down and make him tired and she would capitalize on that.

She hoped.

"."

ooc://
WC: 678

Attack: 2/3

Image Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu