the Rift

[PRIVATE] Only sleep now
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

There was nothing easy about what she had done, but that was what made it so beautifully exquisite. She had planned, stalked, watched and carefully eyed every movement on that golden bridge every singe the crocodile in the flats had been killed. Giving the armor to Einarr had pulled an old memory to the forefront of her mind, and a devious thought skid along on its coat tails. Not long ago, Gaucho had been so furious at her attempts to steal from him and his family - so much so that she had not been sure escaping with her life was possible. But, clever words and arguments set them on the same side, and she had never forgotten that fury.

Perhaps this was foolish, but she was understandably bored. There were no wars for her to wage. There was no argument to be had. No one was to be manipulated around for some time, and her chess board was set at origin with no player across from where she sat. For a mind as sharply intelligent as hers, this was misery, and she knew she had to keep up on her skills. Absent hands made for poor work later on, so why not challenge herself? She could think of no legitimate excuse to leave Gaucho alone. Sure, he could crush her with his strength, but he was much more rational than many would believe.

So with a smirk on her lips, she stood over his unconscious form, weight resting lackadaisically on one hip. The night sky overhead glittered with stars, and she let go of his mind, wondering how long it would take him to wake up and realize what had happened. A smug grin curved her lips, and she took what few items he had loose and draped them over herself, just as more proof that she was the superior spy in this world equation. Who else could say that had stolen Gaucho away from his home? Who else (besides his lovers) could say that they were awake while he slept, plucking possessions one by one.

None, she knew.

Even Tinek was amused on her back, holding onto the few amulets and trinkets he could while waiting and watching. Delight and mischief glittered in her strange, dual colored eyes, and when she thought she started to see him stir, Ophelia tilted her head to the side in an innocent gesture (a contrast, because she was anything but innocent now). "Good morning," she said sweetly, lips pulling back into a grin. "Sleep well?"

@Gaucho

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
With fire to keep us warm, and tools we made from rocks and bones

This was decidedly not where Gaucho last remembered being.

The dun could recall almost nothing of what transpired over the proceeding few hours. He recalled his watch of the Throat ending and then ... just the urge to sleep. If that hadn't been weird enough, hearing Ophelia's voice be the thing that roused him gently from his stupor just further justified the belief that something had gone terribly, terribly wrong.

Or maybe ... terribly, terribly right?

Failing to remember how he wound up in the meadow, under a warm blanket of stars, his body completely relaxed, with Ophelia presiding over him? It certainly had the makings of a very pleasant dream... Had Ophelia's mane and tail always sparkled this way? And why wasn't Tinek hissing at him? Something definitely was amiss.

"Not look like morning." Gaucho grunted, heaving his massive masculine frame upwards, though still remaining laying on the ground. His muscles felt well-rested, as did the rest of him. When was the last time he felt so rejuvenated? The dun's flaming wings cast a warm glow all around them - and from what Gaucho could discern, the two were alone (save for Tinek). Gaucho's steely gaze rose with a lingering slowness up Ophelia's chest, to her neck, and finally her ivory-chiseled face. Something about having Ophelia tower over him seemed appropriate in this dream, and so he made no further indications that he was planning on standing. Instead, he continued to allow his gaze to roam and wander where it would - taking in the starlight and fire-bright patterns that gently coasted along her alabaster physique, the bright points of light radiating from her bi-coloured gaze, and the blood red tendrils of hair that smoked gently down her shoulders.

haaaa. couldn't help it. @Ophelia 

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia

Ophelia watched him rouse with satisfied amusement, feeling quite giddy at the precipice of her predatory ladder. Big blue eyes (what was it with her and blue eyed men?) opened, misty with confusion, and she waited patiently for him to put all of the pieces together. Surely there were a few puzzle pieces laying around he could fit in place - for example that this was the Thistle Meadow, and he was laying in it. The night sky was dark, and the heat of the day had dissipated into a lively, chirping calm.

She listened and snorted in amusement, smirking still. "True, you slept through most of the day," she commented casually, her soft, sweet tones laced with humor and pride. His muscles rippled as he lifted his front end off the ground, though he remained sitting in the grass, his gaze wandering to places that made her brow raise. Unmoving, she stared, her pointed expression lingering as he traced her figure. Was she that remarkable? The twinkling shards of stone caught the moonlight - that she knew, and the light on her forehead was similar to that of a lightning bug. The yellow hues were diffuse and soft against the elegant planes of her face, and she cleared her throat.

Though her light was eclipsed by the flames licking along his wings, burning quietly and harmlessly in his waking hours. She was unperturbed, brow still raised as Tinek clinked together a few of his items, dangling them tauntingly. The dragon enjoyed these shiny things, but he was feeding off of Ophelia's amusement and success. "Find something interesting?" she asked again, her gaze unwavering. Torleik would be jealous, but this was harmless - or so she thought at least. What she wanted was for him to be as proud of her as she was of herself. Capturing the arguably, strongest man in Helovia unawares was quite the accomplishment.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Ascended Helovian

If Ophelia needed Gaucho to realize just how ensnared he was in order to feel victorious, she would have to wait a tad longer.

Find something interesting?

"You." He voiced openly and honestly, his tones rich and confident. Whatever hesitation may have held his tongue in the 'real world' obviously did not apply here, and whatever shadow of doubt that others might have felt in this situation (but if you ask yourself if you're dreaming, that's how you know you aren't. Right?), did not burden the warrior. Besides, having Ophelia be the siren of his dream made sense. She could be, without much tinkering, the ideal accomplice for him (somehow labeling her as mate seemed to diminish whatever hard to describe stature Gaucho's mind afforded the Amaranthine). Her beauty exceeded that of Sohalia's - for beneath her curvaceous exterior were real muscles that had propelled her far in life. Her beauty was not marred by the scars she carried, but was made all the more alluring for it. She was simultaneously hard and soft - like the black beneath her ivory coat, or the blood that stained her unmarred locks. And unlike Ampere, who likely rivaled the former queen in physical strength and physique, Ophelia was far more rational. Ophelia did not seem to be fueled by the same un-dousable fire and passion that so drew him to Ampere, but by something just as hot, but distinctly darker. If there was a way not corrupted by tawdry images and failed metaphors to articulate just how close Gaucho's mind viewed Ophelia as a devil disguised as an angel, he might have tried to voice it. But there wasn't, and so he didn't. 

Deciding that this dream was taking a little too long to get doing, the Wildfire lurched to his feet. Ophelia was tall, but something about her deer-like composition made her feel petite next to him. Gaucho eyed Tinek once again, vaguely wondering where his own companions were, but dismissed the concern. They not part of this dream he concluded with a mental shrug. 

From his new vantage point, Gaucho once again allowed himself to drink in Ophelia's beauty, although this time his gaze was much more narrow and focused - he merely looked into her eyes with a silent appreciation. The Wildfire might have been a creature driven by primitive and primal instinct, but that did not mean he could not appreciate Ophelia apart from her physical offerings. Inhaling deeply, both her scent and the warm fresh bouquet of a Tallsun evening, Gaucho turned his gaze away as he extended his neck, nose, and wings; stretching his many muscles both lazily and luxuriously. 

"Ophelia say heart take her to Edge, but now you here in Meadows with Gaucho in middle of night. Is Edge that boring?" He asked teasingly, pulling his bone-pierced nose back towards his chest and regarding Ophelia with a look that hinted towards amusement and anticipation. 

@Ophelia  

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia

Ophelia paused, her smug demeanor faltering as she watched with thinly veiled curiosity. A single word struck the self satisfaction square in the chest, and she blinked roughly, turning her head to the side as her mind churned. Didn't he have a mate? He mentioned Sohalia before, and she had seen the beautiful, pure white winged one. Was 'you' meant to be aggressive? His expression told her no, but the rough vocals were wild, dangerous. What reason did he have to look at her like this, then? To focus so entirely on her being without the intent to beat her into the ground with battle?

She knew they were compatible - in an interesting way. Chance and geography kept them apart and put them at odds when they would be an unstoppable force side by side. But nature has a way of balancing the universe and keeping two powers separated. They could snap and challenge each other, but they would never stand side by side and conquer Helovia one by one. No single herd could possess the brutal cunning of a master spy and an unrivaled warrior - the scales would tilt too far in one direction. And yet, here they were, with that look in his eyes as if he was not quite in the present reality.

Briskly, she checked her magic, ensuring she did not still have him ensnared in a spiral of sleep, memories and forgetfulness. No, no magical powers were at work here, and if she had been looking at his thoughts, she would see how right he was. She was no angel. She was chaos wearing a pretty coat and long lashes. Ophelia was a gun beneath a dress and a knife behind a smile. In every curve and beautiful look, there was danger. A shadow. He was dangerous too, but his violence blazed like an emblem on his wings, alerting all to his powers. She was a killer in the dark; hiding in plain sight.

Unafraid, she held her ground as he stood, lifting her neck slightly as she narrowed her gaze. She could not help the way her eyes roamed appreciatively over well worn muscles in his arched neck, but self control and love for another kept her hooves firmly settled in the aromatic grass. Wait... she looked back into his eyes. Had he noticed she had looked away? She held his gaze sternly, listening to his words with a flare of upset that rocked her loyalty. Ophelia merely blinked at the emotion, shaking her head slowly.

How had these tables turn on her? Wasn't she the one who was supposed to be smug?

"Someone has my heart, not the Edge," she clarified, having no ties or love for the Moon Goddess. Time to turn the tables back again. She smirked. "You mean you don't remember getting here? I'm offended," she teased, eyes glittering and displaying that she was obviously not emotionally hurt in anyway.

@Gaucho

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho's heavily muscled blue-striped shoulders rolled backwards as he shrugged away her clarification. "Same thing. Someone in Edge have Ophelia's heart. But Ophelia still here." He was tempted to add something about whoever that lover was, he (she?) must certainly have been boring, but decided against it. Gaucho preferred to keep this dream on its current trajectory, rather than allowing it to divulge into a fight-scene. 

Not that he hadn't had those dreams before. 

"Why offended?" He asked, his broken english carried by his rich, deep voice, as another shrug caused the markings on his chest to dance. "It not the where-" (although he was a little confused about that. The Meadow seemed a little bland, even for his imagination), "It the why."

That's what this dream was all about wasn't it? Getting down to the why of it all? Even in a dream, he felt as though he could dispel with some of the subtle pretext. 

The fire on Gaucho's wings flared up brightly as a surge of adrenaline flooded through his system. What was meant to be a teasing segue had made his dwindling sense of patience grow even shorter with hot anticipation. The Wildfire took a step towards the former Foresaken - his burning appendages spreading slightly from his flanks. Gaucho's boned-pierced muzzle lowered slightly, tucking towards his chest in a way that accentuated the muscular curvature of his neck. When was the last time he and Ophelia had been alone together? Likely when she came to return her key. Did she know about what was happening in the Basin? Did she have thoughts abot the Rift Gods? These thoughts whirled absently in his skull, but were quickly dismissed. Although pressing, he was not at all interested in their answers. Only one seemed important and interesting. "So what why?"

@Ophelia  

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia

Ophelia watched the way he rolled his shoulders. Was he always this calm and collected? Shouldn't he be somewhat miffed that she had gotten the drop on him? Nothing about his behavior made sense to her, and though she was tempted to read his mind, she decided to let this one play out naturally. There was something to be said for withholding the use of one's powers so as not to further unbalance the ways of the universe. Instead, she held her ground, observing the powerful way he moved, taunting her with words in a way that was cordial. Why did he think she was here?

Carefully, she watched him arch his neck in a masculine way, the thicker crest of his gender a tantalizing display. She narrowed her eyes again, unmoving - even when he took a bold step in her direction. There was not a bone in her body willing to back away or bend to the will of another, and her cloven hooves gripped the dirt harder. Pridefully, she lifted her neck, ears tilting back with her confusion as she tilted her chin upward. The underside of her beck bowed with the strain, and she squared her shoulders, nostrils flaring for signs of danger.

"I stole you," she said quite simply. "I tracked your movements for days to prove my prowess as a spy - to myself and others. You were so very offended the last time I tried to steal from your herd, that I thought it would be an amusing game," she replied honestly, a playful smirk curving her mousy lips. Ophelia winked at him with her violent, red eye. "You are easily the most powerful warrior. Nearly every battle, you've won. Everyone knows of your superior skills, and it's almost as if they are quantifiable. But a spy's accomplishments are not so open, thus I was stuck with how to prove I was strong enough." The pale princess shrugged a little and then grinned.

"So why not steal the greatest warrior? Does that then make me the greatest spy?" Her question was honest, and she looked at him with wider eyes. She hummed thoughtfully, and then shifted her weight onto another hip as Tinek played with one of his amulets still.

[[OOC: Gaucho is only captive for this thread :D no stuff is stolen and he's free to go]]

Ascended Helovian

As was to be expected, Gaucho misinterpreted Ophelia's raised-chin and squared-shoulder stance for something else. He had not expected her to merely melt before him - dream or no - and the slightly aggressive, or at least indomitable stance she displayed only further piqued his wanting. As her ears tilted backwards, his wings raised ever so slightly, as if keeping their bodies in the same proportions they had been. Wasn't movement-mirroring a sign of physical interest? Not that Gaucho's brain was thinking about how to display his intrigue in her - it was too flooded with the feeling of simply being intrigued by her.

Until..

I stole you

What a bizarre twist. Though in this dream-world, anything goes and so--

I tracked your movements for days.... So she had been watching him ... how had he not noticed her? Then again, he had noticed her. Many times - at the battles, when he gifted Einarr the armour ... Though she didn't appear to be any more interested in him than normal?

But if this was a dream - why did those things matter? Dream logic wouldn't--

So why not steal the greatest warrior? Does that then make me the greatest spy?

He didn't know. Too many thoughts.

Gaucho liked that she had called him the greatest warrior, but he didn't like that the possibility of what he had thought was about to happen, was dwindling. The thoughts of sex which so flooded his system with endorphins and hormones lent themselves with equal vigour to the anger that was growing inside of him. His hardened primal features grew stony and still as he allowed his mind time to think. A game? It was only a victory if they were both aware that something was happening. Gaucho's wings flared brighter as his appendages were lifted even further upwards with his rising irritation, at the thought of Ophelia taking credit for what she had done. After all, if they were friends why should he be on the look out for her? This was not a victory. This was betrayal. And perhaps most importantly, not a dream.

But then again ...

Gaucho's wings relaxed ever so slightly, and his fire-bright gaze narrowed with a darkened amusement. Perhaps it was the lingering thought of sex (a fantasy Gaucho had long harboured), Ophelia's musk, or the tantalizing realization that she was far more skilled than Gaucho had ever thought to give her credit for, but his rage immediately quieted as a dark smile parted his even darker lips. She had asked him earlier if he had remembered getting here - and of course he hadn't. He had dismissed it - but now the thought sparkled brightly with promise in his mind. Even if this was merely a show of strength, surely it would have been enough to perhaps have Gaucho awaken half in the ocean that bordered the Throat. Or abandoned in the mud somewhere. But this? The Meadows were nearly a days-walk (unless they had simply transported here, and then if so, why here? Why not the Edge? The freezing Basin?). Then there was the fact that she had lingered - she had waited for him to awaken. That there was no one around, couldn't be accidental. Ophelia seemed to attract a crowd wherever she wandered, so either this place was particularly reclusive, or Ophelia had other magic Gaucho was unaware of, that allowed them to hide in plain sight. She could have left him anywhere in the Throat or the surrounding areas. She could have brought an entire grouping with her, if the ability to boast was what she sought. She needn't have waited for him to awaken, and they needn't have been alone.

But they were.

"You ask if Gaucho knows where we are." He rasped, his voice a husky mixture of amusement and restrained desire. "Meadows. Not close to Throat. Gaucho say before Ophelia have love in Edge, but we still here. Alone - no one to see Ophelia's game. But game not over-" A whispery and reckless feeling of lust bloomed brightly in his mind, and again he took an incriminating step towards her. There might not have been any heat thrown off of his wings, but surely there was from his body. Not for the first time, Gaucho could almost tangibly imagine what it would be like to wrap his fiery wings around her alabaster core, and to feel his body blend into her own; Whether in sex, or in battle. She drew that from him, on nearly every meeting - the desire to ravage her, in one way or another. However it was especially prominent now that he bordered the line between being furious with her and wanting her.  Not that those were mutually exclusive, especially for Gaucho.

"But you not get called best warrior by winning against those who do not fight. Why Ophelia think she get called best spy for winning against someone who does not sneak? Ophelia strong - get Gaucho all the way out here. Alone-" He paused, his nose pulling even further into his chest as he dared another step forward. "-but Gaucho not hiding. "

@Ophelia  

Image Credits