the Rift

inevitable exchange

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

The magic left her a bit breathless. She had put perhaps too much effort into it. It was her longing to succeed, pushing herself farther and farther at the expense of every bone, every muscle, every emotion, everything. She had long since lost sight of whether or not she was so motivated due to her desire to succeed or her fear of failure.

“I feel incredibly better.”

A small smile crept onto her onyx lips. 'I did it'. Her features relaxed a bit, the disquiet expression fading and leaving only curiosity and subtle concern behind. Her work wasn't over yet, for treating the disease was one thing. Preventing it and determining it's causes was a whole different ballgame.

Her gaze hardened, twiggy limbs stepping closer to Tembovu's head, admiring her handiwork. Her head was curved almost completely upwards to properly see the behemoth. Her expression was neutral, brow a bit furrowed, focused solely on how she had done. She heard words, but she did not listen to them.

"I'd like to see you again soon, a few weeks perhaps? A checkup of sorts," Agnodice spoke, stepping back from Tembovu, her words firm, unwavering, not to be argued with, though they retained a bit of her characteristic . She had healed him, sure, but she was uncertain of the long term effects of the disease he had acquired. Her motivation was mostly to see if her healing was permanent, or just a temporary fix. That would be unfortunate. What an inadequate doctor she would be.

A curvaceous ear swiveled to Ciceron as he began to speak, her head soon following it's lead, expression a bit surprised. Both the stallions were speaking of her finding a home in the herds. She was uncertain, her last few thoughts had been captivated by Tembovu's disease. Her gaze wandered to her hooves, glancing at the decaying flowers that had fallen from her mane. They had been colorful, full of life moments ago, but now they were shriveled, brown, dead. Soon they would be reduced to little more than dust.

She thought about her flowers, her choices, each only for a moment, letting the conversation fall silent. She couldn't let Tembovu simply walk away, but Ciceron's herd sounded more fitting for her needs. She was a quick thinker, though. She looked up to Tembovu, features alight despite the lack of sun. "I will be heading to the Falls with Ciceron to further study the disease there. You are welcome to send any that have the sickness to me, if they are so..." She thought for a moment, gaze flickering away, "desperate." She didn't want to use that word, but it was most adequate. He said they had Moon Doctors, yes? Just the title made them sound talented. Blessed with the moon...perhaps they had magics that were kissed with moonlight. She was certain they could handle the disease on their own.

Agnodice turned to Ciceron, lowering her head and stepping forward, casting a warm smile at Kiara before looking to the silvery unicorn. Her expression had become friendly, excited, even, at the prospect of a new adventure that could perhaps turn into a new home, then an old routine. In all honesty, she was ready for her life to settle down for a while.

"Lead the way."

Image Credits

@Ciceron @Tembovu I flipped a coin to see where she'd go cx great thread, guys!!
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
inevitable exchange - by Agnodice - 10-12-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Ciceron - 10-13-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Agnodice - 10-14-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Ciceron - 10-14-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Tembovu - 10-14-2015, 08:39 PM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Agnodice - 10-16-2015, 01:24 AM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Ciceron - 10-16-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: inevitable exchange - by Tembovu - 10-18-2015, 07:24 AM