Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

It was time to go home, finally, though it was hard for Mesec to leave the Labyrinth. He did not seek out Ampere, did not go to her call for the Whatch, too uncertain about his stance with her and he had other responsibilities. He looked to the flaxen mare that he had promised to take to a safe haven, to somewhere untouched by war, and with the thinning crowd he found that he did not know quite where to begin. Apologies, certainly, were in order - she had followed him here, yes, but he still felt responsible for getting her into this mess. And she had been hurt too - though the magic of his mother had healed the wound it seemed that one of the wolves had gotten her. How long had he blacked out for? Why had he felt so weak when his memories started to knit together again.

Not that the world that he had woken up to was any better. His eyes were still glossy when he turned to her, the rapid beating of his heart threatening to betray him into a monster again. Their conversation in the Thistle Meadow seemed like ages ago, not just earlier this day. When he had avoided answering her question about his story, when he had told her that Helovia wasn’t all invasions and devastation. Najya wasn’t a fool - much had been revealed to those that were watching. He remembered the hot gaze of Megaera as he had stood beside his mother, the after-effects of Ampere’s anger rolling off of her even now. Almost the entirety of the Throat standing apart from him and now he was still going to go back. He needed to know if he had a home there still - and if Najya could have a place there.

Lucius remained with Najya for now, his cold purple and silver gaze fixed on his bonded - baffled by all he had seen and felt today. The mare was safe, he knew that, and so she carried him as Mesec gathered up her sword so he could cradle it in his wings for safe keeping during their travel.

“Could you ever forgive me for today?” The silver-eyed stallion started with that sorrowful question before they began their journey south. His voice was hushed, no strength in it left. “You must know, I did not intend for us to get wrapped up in…” He couldn’t finish - most of what had occurred he did not remember so what had they gotten wrapped up in? And the rest of it… Aviya…

“Najya. Please, what happened?” She hadn’t gotten the chance to tell him before but he needed to know. His heart was already heavy, there was no way to escape the weight that had settled on him, so he might as well have all the knowledge. So he pleaded with her - tell him this one more story, and he would tell her everything else.  “After I heard her scream about Hototo I… I don’t remember anything.”

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

for Najya

fun fact: Labyrinth is my least favourite word to spell in this entire world
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya shadowed Mesec as he stepped away from the battlefield.  Lucius still sat comfortably on her withers and seemed content to stay there.  She saw no reason to unseat him now, even though Mesec was himself once more.  She suspected the little zephyr was just as confused as Mesec himself.  Regardless, it was time for their journey to continue, but it seemed like the wind had been swept from the Nightwind's wings.  The battle had been won, but Mesec seemed utterly defeated.  The chocolate and flaxen mare disliked seeing her friend in such a state.  She knew he had friends - and likely family - that had also been present at the battle.  The image of the mare lying prone on the ground instantly came to mind before she shook it away.  

"Again, taking the blame for something far beyond your control."  The mare shook her head, causing the disks to stir on her forehead, before looking back to the winged stallion, "Unless you can control coincidence and failed to tell me?"  The honesty was clear in her eyes - he had come here only because he recognized the magic of his mother (at least that's the connection she now drew on her own.)  He did not drag her into danger against her will.  "And if I remember correctly - you encouraged me away from this place."  It had been her choice to follow and hers alone. 

It was clear from his actions earlier that he had blacked out during the battle - when he fell…when he transformed.  Najya had been expecting the question.  Her heart dropped.  How could she possibly begin to explain?  Oh, well you transformed into a horse-sized shadow wolf and tried to attack your friends and a child, but don't worry - you were distracted by the tiny demon wolves!  Gods, no.  It would destroy him.  So she decided that the best option was to be as honest as possible without overwhelming him.  She couldn't hide what happened from him…and she wouldn't.   Her eyes flicked to the ground for a moment and she drew a deep breath before she glanced back up to Mesec - steeling her resolve and preparing to tell him what she knew he didn't want to hear. 

"You collapsed.  At first I thought it was one of the shadows that had injured you - but you were convulsing on the ground.  When you came to you weren't…" she paused, looking for the right words. "You weren't yourself.  You'd transformed into a wolf of your own - nothing like the creatures from the Rift - but decidedly un-equine."  She waited again, affording him a moment to digest the news. 

"You weren't yourself in the wolf's body, that much was clear.  You didn't seem to recognize anyone around you.  But you were distracted when the wolf-god from the rift broke apart into miniatures and you hunted them - still fighting for Helovia even if you weren't aware.  In the end it was the Goddess - your mother - who returned you to your proper shape.  I doubt she would have let you get out of control.  There were other's too, making sure that you were safe all the while - myself, Aviya, a blue mare who could control lightning.  They all came to your aid despite the transformation.  You weren't alone…"  She drifted off then - still doing her best to hold Mesec's gaze, but she knew hearing this had to be painful for him. 

She omitted the part where he was the wolf who had injured her shoulder.  She saw no reason to cause him more distress.  

A wave of exhaustion swept over her.  It was more than that, really.  She just didn't feel right, but she could not pinpoint the source.  She felt better in the immediate aftermath of the battle, thanks to the Goddess, but it was almost as if the battle was catching up with her now that the Goddess was absent.  For a brief moment her vision seemed to go red but she was able to blink the now-familiar lands of the Labyrinth back into focus after only a few seconds.  Perhaps it was just the flood of emotions after the battle catching up to her.  It wasn't worth dwelling on now. 

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3 || Tags:

@Random Event

LabLung /:

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Mesec is unaffected by GLL!

Fight the darkness,
It is simply your past.

“I know but still…” Mesec couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something that he needed to apologize for, some way that he could have stopped what had occurred. Guilt came too easy to the demigod, and it settled in for long stays whenever it arrived.

He feared the worst when her eyes dropped, when the hesitation was clear. She did not want to tell him the answer to his question and it only made him need to know all the more. What had he done? Lucius, from his perch on Najya, was too troubled himself to send soothing thoughts to his bonded. He remembered, but his memories were filled with panic and uncertainty. And finally, Mesec gets another story out of his new friend only this time it was about him.

“I transformed?” The word is strangled in his throat and he cannot even picture what he had turned into. He knew those that could shape-shift, never heard of any of them blacking out during the change. The word monster echoed around his head though she hadn’t said it, the assumption gripped at him. He was a wolf, but unlike those that had crawled out of the Labyrinth. A monster. This was certainly something new and in addition to the dozen of other directions his mind wanted to race in that moment he also wondered when this had come to him. Most magic he had seen was controllable but he had not chosen to shift, and why could he not remember what had happened when he had?

Najya continued to explain how he had gone after the wolves, how she and others had come to protect him. Aviya and “Ampere…” Her name was a soft breath, barely audible as they walked. He was surprised when Najya mentioned the blue mare with the lightning - there was no one else that it could be. She came to help him? Perhaps she did not hate him after all… It hurt less to think about her than it did Aviya so he focused there instead. Instinctively, he looked around for her now but didn’t see that black and blue figure. “Did I hurt anyone?” Because just knowing as much as she had told him wasn’t enough, this was the big question. The one he'd torture himself with either way, but at least now he had spoken it aloud.

And then, because Mesec’s mind finally found a direction that was not focused solely on himself and what he did. He noticed how exhausted Najya seemed - his own exhaustion was layered deep beneath the guilt and concern. “Oh Najya, I'm sorry. Do you want to rest? I was going to take you back to the Throat but I think it’s safe here now… we can wait until you have the strength. Meeting my mother usually results in some mental exhaustion.” A weak smile but it quickly disappeared - he shouldn’t joke about such things. “Guess you’re learning some of my story after all.” He stated, sullenly. She met his mother, witnessed as others attacked her - crying out for revenge, for justice.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

@Najya

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

She hesitated before she could answer Mesec.  She was truly torn, perhaps for the first time in her life, about whether or not to tell the truth.  Najya had never found her self in this predicament before, never had the truth been something that could cause so much more pain than simple ignorance to the fact.  She knew that keeping such information from him would only exacerbate the hurt – like a wound festering just below the surface.  Not to mention the fact that there were others that witnessed what had happened and may reveal the information to him in a potentially tactless manner.  Not to mention there was Lucius to consider.  Her gaze flicked back to the zephyr resting on her withers and she offered a reassuring smile to the little one.  She didn’t know how much Lucius remembered, either.  There were too many moving pieces, and even though she wanted to save him the pain he deserved to know.  He needed to know.  

The little mare let out a ragged-sounding sigh.  “You were confused when you woke up.  You lashed out at those around you as you tried to get your bearings, or at least that’s what I assume was happening.”  She offered him a small smile, but it doesn’t quite reach her eyes.  “You were quickly distracted by the wolves, which drew you away from the others.  It was so overwhelming and confusing, no one could blame you, Mesec.” She finished, again revealing as much as she could by protecting certain details.  If asked directly about her shoulder, she would answer.  But she wouldn’t volunteer the information.  Not yet, at least.

Another wave of feeling unwell swept over her.  It wasn’t the aches and pains from the battle.  This…this was something else.  She blinked and her vision became hazy, dissolving away into a million different colors.  When she blinked again, the world became normal once more.  Strange, she thought.  Her curved ears flicked towards Mesec in time to catch his concerned words, and she quickly brushed them away – redirecting her attention to the present.  “No, no. I’m fine. Your mother washed away the battle fatigue. I just think I may have picked something up – a cold or something.  I’m fine to pick up where we left off,” she added, not wanting to delay their journey any longer.   As she spoke the first drip of tar made its way from her nostrils, and she absent-mindedly wiped it away against a foreleg – trying not to draw attention to the fact.

At Mesec’s final words – Najya offered him a small, genuine smile.  She stepped closer to him and lowered her voice. “I won’t press, Mesec.  Your story is yours to tell, but there is something that I learned that might be helpful to you. Guilt is an emotion with little function, Mesec.  We beat ourselves up with guilt with no benefit aside from reinforcing the negativity.  We tell ourselves again and again that our actions somehow reflect our worth.  But they don’t.  We are more than our actions.  So instead, let us regret our mistakes.  Let us learn, not belittle.  I only understand because I’ve been in the same position more than once – I’m still not good at it, not all the time – it’s a difficult lesson to learn,” she finished, touching her muzzle to his shoulder softly. 

She then stepped away from her friend and gestured in the direction that they were originally traveling. “Shall we?” she said, in a far brighter voice than before, gesturing away from the bamboo forest that had brought Mesec so much pain. 

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3  

@Mesec
@Random Event 
(GLL)

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Fight the darkness,
It is simply your past.

No one could blame you were words that sliced into him, so much that he winced. He had lashed out at those around him and he wondered what sort of damage he had caused. Had he caused that wound on Najya’s shoulder? Had he hurt Aviya? Thoughts like that could tear him apart even worse than the assumptions he was making without the information that Najya was giving him. He couldn’t even verbally respond to her, though he wasn’t sure what more he would say, fighting against the swarming darkness. Perhaps he could leave the pieces alone for now, he wondered if it was possible. It wasn’t exactly his strong suit, letting things go. Lucius made no plans to give more details than what had been given, even if he was capable of speech. He had agreed with Najya, that knowledge of what had occurred could not possibly have any sort of positive influence on Mesec. Not knowing was torture, but it was no different than knowing - that much he had learned about his bonded during their time together.

But Mesec did not let his thoughts dwell for too long there, he was more concerned about Najya - the emotion taking over with ease. He couldn’t help the skeptical smile when she said that she was doing fine, that she had just picked up a cold. She said she was okay, though, and he wasn’t going to push it - not yet. But he would certainly keep an eye on her as they travelled and would be more than willing to take any breaks that she might need.

He nodded good-naturedly along with her lecture which was, of course, quite true. “I’ve felt guilty for most of my life. It’s not an emotion I carry well.” He could at least admit it, though it did little to actually make him feel any better. But there was a smile, at least, at her touch and he turned to her then - thankful for this new friend.

“Alright, let’s get you home.” He smiled at her, falling into an easy pace beside the flaxen mare. To distract them both, along the way Mesec shared everything he knew about the gods, and their children, and whatever other information about Helovia that he could. If this was going to be her home, peaceful or not, Najya deserved to know what she was getting into.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

FINISHED :D