the Rift

[OPEN] Quit your whining & moaning

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls
the most massive characters are seared with scars
A rumbling, masculine voice breaks through his painful haze. He ceases his rolling and immediately rights himself, lying sternally on among the purple blooms. Creased eyes look up— far up, as it is a tall stallion approaching him. It is an unfamiliar sensation, for the elephant rarely has to look up to see someone.

A lopsided smile crosses his broad, dirt-stained face at the man’s words. “I’ve looked better, I can’t deny it,” he started to chuckle, but the rumbling sound was too painful to finish. Instead he studied the stallion- a striking beast who seemed vaguely familiar. His banding was similar to his own, but he had handsome antlers and feathering on his ventrum. He was also much more golden than the elephant’s silver buckskin.

A short, low groan escapes him as he lurches awkwardly to his feet— sending his gut back into spasms and his head back into pounding. The motion sends a wave of blood from his ears, which he pins flush with his skull against the pain. Tenderly he settles his weight, favoring his twisted right knee. He takes stock of the rest of his injuries: scabbing bite wound from the wolf god on his withers, a burn on his haunches from friendly fire, and a lingering stiffness in his right side from sparring with Nyx. Damn.

His eyes sweep to Rohan as he finishes introducing himself, now looking slightly down to the stallion. Taking in his awkward stance that favors his hind end, he grins outright, “We’re a right sad lot.” His eyes sweep once, looking for shade against the blasted brightness, but finds a tree too far away— with strangely upturned soil at its base. But the mammoth pays this no mind- he does not know the sad secret that lies beneath the earth there. Nor does he need to.

“Well met, Rohan. You, too, look familiar. I am Tembovu, Glazier of the Edge. So I hope you’ve seen me there,” his words are an attempt at humor, but it is difficult to manage in this fog of pain. “What got your haunches in the lizard-god battle?” His great horn motions towards the seared flanks of the elk-stud, and he gingerly shifts his weight on his injured knee.
@Rohan

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 10-14-2015, 04:09 AM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 10-14-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 10-21-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 10-24-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 10-28-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 11-01-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 11-05-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 11-09-2015, 02:37 AM