the Rift

[OPEN] Quit your whining & moaning

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls
the most massive characters are seared with scars
A silence stretched between the two ailing stallions as the antlered man becomes choosy with his words. The elephant glances at him out of the corner of his eye for a moment, trying to decipher if he was being duplicitous or secretive. The man didn't seem the deceitful sort; he seemed more of a brutally honest stallion. Then he spoke sparsely of his home, as Tembovu had of his own. He understood, for there was little need to open past baggage— it was bad enough lugging it around everywhere.

A slight smile crosses his face at Rohan’s criticisms of the gods, “Take care with your words, my friend. They might smite you with a worse fate than this sickness.” He grinned in amusement at his jest, for certainly the gods currently had greater dilemmas with the Rift than two sick stallions bemoaning their injuries.

He chuckled at the antlered man’s mention of the Boils— those had seem nasty when he saw them on Mauja. And even worse, Nuray. They had leapt across her naked skin, the pustules painfully ugly. “I am certainly glad I missed those,” his low voice rumbles with truth.

At the next question from the shaggy man, Tembovu’s face swings full to his comrade in ailment. One ear flicks forward, listening, while the other stays tilted back against the cacophony of sound the bugs, water, and nature make. It punishes the skull, truly.

His head tilts, for the first time seriously contemplating an idea in this light-hearted conversation of bachelors. His deep, expressive eyes study Rohan’s bright green ones. Thinking hurt his inflamed brain, but it took his mind off the painful gut spasms for a few moments.

Was it worth it? Was the destruction, injury, illness, and death worth gaining new territories to Helovia? “It is not worth the increase in territory, no,” he says deeply, firmly. For he had come from a land of increasing borders at the cost of lives. “But it’s worth it to those poor devils stuck in the Rift with greedy, vicious gods. To them, Helovia must seem… like a lifeline,” there was more truth to these words than he let on. The mammoth could justify the fall of a nation if it was inherently corrupt. He had justified it.

Discomfort made him shift again, “Do you?” he paused, realizing that his question made little sense, “Do you think it’s worth it?”

@Rohan sorry this took a little bit! And no worries, I just changed my signature because I just changed my subscription settings. So you're good!

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 10-14-2015, 04:09 AM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 10-14-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 10-21-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 10-24-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 10-28-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 11-01-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 11-05-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Tembovu - 11-09-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: Quit your whining & moaning - by Rohan - 11-29-2015, 02:22 AM