the Rift

[OPEN] The lightning in me strikes relentless

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
the darkness hath no hold on me

There was entirely too much happening, even for one like Meg who thrived on action there were too many things tugging at her, fraying her patience. These new lands, the monsters and the sicknesses that came with them were constant nagging worry. The little rifts that her very first meeting had exposed in her family were even more worrisome, and though all of that keeping her swinging hormones in check was putting a real test on the Sultana.

She hadn’t thought of the possibility of pregnancy when Einarr had followed her into the mirror-like world of the Flats, and that seemed so foolish now. They had staked their claim on each other and it seems that his carried a little more weight (meaning she would carry a little more weight for the time being). ’And what if something happened now? What if more monsters were unleashed in the heart of the Throat, would I have to choose between my herd’s safety and my child’s?’

The patrol had been blessedly quiet up until now, and having Cera near was always a comfort but Meg disliked the tension where she had been used to having comfortable comradery with most of her herdmates. Meg had eyed the Blue as they soared north; they had not been close perhaps, but she had though they were alike enough to understand each other. The horrible excuse for a meeting had put the lie to that assumption and the Sultana had avoided the Gladiator since then. It was easy for Megaera to admit her missteps when she knew what they were but the meeting had confused her. She had been pulled in for many directions and had no certainty of who was in the right and who was the real source of trouble.

Ampere had done nothing wrong, only misunderstood the airborne dolphin, and Laedere should have had a stiffer spine. The Blue was hot blooded and had a talent for yelling, any of the desert herd should understand that, and there Meg would have been on Ampere’s side if Einarr hadn’t spoken first. He had shouldered his way into the bay’s mind and heart so slowly she could not tell when it had begun, but the battle-hardened black stallion become so much to her that no matter how minor the dispute, she had instantly believed that if he had cause to fight than so did she. Meg thought the little white mare needed to grow a spine but it was the Sunspear’s duty to protect the helpless that took refuge in her realm. Cathun, Ampere, Mesec, so many she had somehow managed to wrong in a such a short time…Some Sultana she was turning out to be.

It was a bit of a surprise that Ampere initiated the conversation so calmly, but Megaera gave a stiff nod in acknowledgement. She didn’t know what to say and maybe that was best for now. Cathun, Ampere, Mesec, so many she had somehow managed to wrong in a such a short time, and all because she had tried to dole out justice without having the patience or wisdom to listen first, to understand. “Please, speak you mind, Ampere.” It was said quietly, a little stiffly, as she mentally hunkered down to ride out the storm.
Wooooooo!!!! Later than late but better than never!
Image Credit

@Ampere @Cera
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: The lightning in me strikes relentless - by Megaera - 11-03-2015, 04:13 PM