the Rift

A catch in my throat, Choke. {OPEN}

Mirame Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
With one flush striped limb she presses onward. A mare with lovely if not
unnecessarily extravagant features, perhaps a bit out of place to be put together. She hums that of a husky, classical tune as she continues on her way through an unknown dark forest. Delicate skull lifts from somewhat low hung place to eye out her surroundings. Even though the trees around the mare were bare, visibility at this time of night was minimal. Still, the harsh cold gave way to crisp air, easy enough to pick out scents from, so she decided to not worry over her safety in this place too much.
Shit. A pain shot through the dames left hind pillar. It was the last remaining injury to cause her any lasting misery from her encounter with a demon two years back now. Had the mistress run that long? This place was already far from the memories that plagued her mood, and blurred her past. The scars on her coat had healed, so the worries of her pristine looks being so disturbed were finally missing from that which troubled the unicorns thoughts. Still, she couldn't run much with her bad leg, and it made her gaits any faster than a walk aching, and most of all unappealing. Pride was hard to sustain at this moment, still, Mirame walked with as much grace and elegance as she could manage.
As the sky grew darker, mare would have to put her aimless travel to rest for now. Along with the bitter cold these new parts seemed to hold, a smell of death seemed to surround this forest. It was uncomfortable, although she hadn't much thoughts on her own death. At one time when she could run with ease, she had chased many creatures till she'd managed to reach and then murder them mercilessly for no reason other than entertainment. Pretty woman had an odd taste for blood, although it never came to mind why she feared being found by her past pursuer and rapist. The fear of death? It wasn't like she had such a thing. Mirame simply lived to live. Pursuing reasons to keep her worth and pride filled all the days before this. Now where would she sleep safely tonight?

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered

“I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I’ll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I’ll rise and fight again.”
-The Ballad of Sir Andrew Barton

The herdless should stick together – especially if they were injured.

One could only guess at what lurked, watching from the shadows of the Deep Forest. Usually the cinder beast was the revolting and fantastic thing that prowled but even he was on watch, the caked blood surrounding his scabbed burn might draw some unwanted company. Fortunately the unmistakeable smell of ash must mask the metallic tang of blood. But Cineviam wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be him that caused this place to smell like death.

A hummed tune caught his attention, beckoning like a siren’s call in the night.

Since curiosity wasn’t about to kill this cat, he followed the sound. A sinful stalker, his path as twisting as a serpent’s as he navigated the dense undergrowth. There was still a hitch in his stride and he made no attempt to diminish its appearance when he was alone. Movements came to a grinding halt when he caught a glimpse of the strange striped pink mare nearby. At first glance he thought she was simply a bizarrely colored equine but under closer scrutiny he noticed the cloven hooves and the lion tail.

A grunt announced his presence before he stepped out from the screen of bush that separated them. Under other circumstances he would approach with the purpose of entreating the unicorn into the ranks of the World’s Edge. A safe place to lay your head down to rest, guarded only by fellow horned members, but the Qian had taken over. He assumed the majority of the former Edge Unicorns were scattered up North with Mauja. This time he had no sanctuary to offer and Cineviam wasn’t particularly good with small talk. However, it would be rude to just leave. “Hello, I’m Cineviam”.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((I would like to promise that it'd get better since it's like 2 am when I'm posting this... but I've been having muse issues lately))

Unregistered
(If that's your tired skills, I'm impressed and jealous xD)
It was obvious that such a oddly colored equine as herself would stick out. Yet, she hadn't thought of that in all her five years, and only had ever seen herself as superior in appearances. Holding no realization of her own flaws, nor how easily it could cause her peril, was possibly the only form of innocence this dame held within her. In the silence, a branch cracked. Movement was quickly noted by large swiveling auds. Graceful steps would halt, anxiety rushing to all her thoughts, she braced her self, expression tensing. Mirame had been prepared to defend herself,no, prove herself once again from the one she ran from all this time. She hadn't a doubt in her abilities prior. However, when the unknown company's snort arrived, she knew immediately that it wasn't him. That demon would have never alerted her of his arrival.
Mare was quick to regain good form, standing with delicate crown held daintily, although quite aware that attempts to appear aloof after her display, if noticed, would be seen through. "Who is it that disturbs my song?" She voiced simply in question to who it was. Supposing she could manage any unwelcome company despite her injury, need be. However, her peace intruder had shown himself quite at the same time as she inquired about him. “Hello, I’m Cineviam”. Ah, she could sense the power just as much as she could see it in this one. Gaze floated momentarily over his wound, catching the odd smell from it. Or was that ash smell something that this equid emmitted himself? It was odd, and tingled within her nares. Either way, mistress could honestly care less of the circumstances of this stranger, and eye contact was regained quickly. Whatever his purposes to introduce himself to her, Mirame hadn't the slightest of ideas. Still, she'd already deemed him worthy of her attentions for this moment.
" Charmed." A step forward was taken, and although she'd been careful, her back limb slipped up, and she had no choice but to kneel with one front limb into the snow, regaining her balance before her pride. Distracted, she didn't notice the cold frost that now melted against the body heat of her limbs. She'd never found any dislike to the cold, as she had rather thick hair, and albino skin which was sensitive when the sun was at its hottest. Gaze was held steady to show no other signs of weakness. " I'm called Mirame. I sometimes forget about my injury." Attempts to pass over the event were glided with silky tones, and one more question she honestly cared little of, but would do best to erase any thoughts of prior embarrassment. "Do you know of this place?"

Mirame
Watch out, Cupid stuck me with a sickness.

Unregistered

For a moment she was nervous, he could tell from the tense lines of her body and the sweat and insecurity that rolled off of her to pool upon his mottled tongue. In unknown surroundings where visibility was low, Cineviam could very well have been anything, so he does not think less of her from her moment of fear. The mare composed herself quickly enough, once he had made a sound and stepped into her line of view. Usually the nerves started jittering after they caught sight of the perpetually shedding, red eyed brute.

A delicious grin spread like warm butter over his features when she said she was charmed, as if he didn’t quite believe her or because he knew something that she didn’t. The mare started to move towards him into a better conversing distance but made a blunder and fell to one knee in front of him. For a second it looked like she was bowing. If only… he thought, the creamy look deepening but he restrained the chuckle that bubbled up from his chest. It wasn’t her that Cineviam found amusing, but she would probably think so.

He waited, wordlessly for her to get all four feet safely back under her. While he waited, his red eyes slide over the curious mare’s body. Her color was such peculiar shade of white that he wouldn’t be surprised if she told him that the pink stripes weren’t the color of her coat at all, but an enormous sunburn. Finally her red eyes met his and she introduced herself as Mirame. “Then your grievance must be close to healed? My injuries won’t let me forget them for a second… except for when I’m sleeping.” Her question of this place was terribly vague but perhaps she was a newcomer, which case he would have to forgive her for not knowing the names. “I didn’t get the opportunity to know Deep Forest that well before, but I’m beginning to now. I’ve been in Helovia for about a year… Are you new?”

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

Unregistered
Beauty or power.. I wonder which is in fact more worthy.. Surely, one without the other is never a given, but flaws the Gods give us are to make sure they always reign over us. They fear us. That is what makes them truly weak. The expression on her striped face changed none from that of confident eye contact from the dames own blood optics to this his.
As the harlot waited for a response, she caught hold of a familiar glare. Examining, planning, confidently disgusting. It was all but belonging to him. It lacked the straight forward intentions that her prior demon assaulter had not. Along with the slight hint of amusement, she knew too well who he reminded her of. Even so, she'd never admired another being till that day. This was similar to that. An infatuation with that which she lacked. Sinister smile, degrading, but bubbled a lust she'd long tried to forget. Large auds flicked back, as gaze thinned in m displeasure, examining the brute without the screen of her lady like demeanor for a few seconds of time, before returning to that of feminine curiosity as he began to speak.
“Then your grievance must be close to healed? My injuries won’t let me forget them for a second… except for when I’m sleeping.”
Mare tilted her head at the thought, perplexed for a moment in the idea. It'd been two years since then, yet the pain still jabbed, and she still struggled not to limp at times. It passed, then came again once more. "Do you believe so? Even after all this time, it still likes to remind me of it often. Perhaps it's the effects of the poison." She spoke, ignoring the rest of his speech that referred to himself. "I don't know much about wounds, or slow killing. Sharp, sudden death is much more enthralling.." The mistress's gaze sunk into that of one that was hungry,and excited. However, she was sure to end it to that of a more appealing glance as quickly as it started. When he mentioned where they were, it was rather shocking. She'd done much hunting and researching of the land around Hollowood in her younger days, trying to discover what it was she was missing from her memories. Yet, she'd never heard of the land this stallion mentioned. If she was really this far south, she'd doubt she'd have anywhere farther to run to.
"… Are you new?” The question took blush striped one off guard. New? It's not like I plan to stay here.. yet.. why is it that I am running? The self battle within her went almost invisible abroad the delicate trained face of hers, until wide eyed it hit her with frustration. Fear. Slowly she regained herself to lovely smirk, flattering it with silky hum. "That I am."
And her thoughts would remain her own. "I wasn't planning to stay here, although.. Is this a coastal country?"

Mirame

Unregistered

Cineviam can see the floral colored mare spinning little truths and tales in her head about him, deciding within seconds of meeting him what kind of creature he was, as though she could gauge the intricate weavings of a soul in a single glance. It takes years to truly know somebody, and even then, everyone has their secrets. Her feelings were plainly written across her face when she accidently let her refined mask slip, the confidence in her gaze becoming diluted with irritation, the oversized ears suddenly pointed to the rear as if she sought to be anywhere else but near the soot-stained stallion.

Unsurprising – he knew he sometimes had that effect on others.

Mauja was the one who inspired loyalty.

It was his own situation that he had found amusing. Yes, for a split second he pictured it as a bow but her stumble brought to stark light just how great the distance was between where he was and where he thought he would be in a year’s time. Back when he first crossed the threshold into Helovia. He was worse off now actually, having suffered injuries from the Qian Invasion. Oh but Cineviam does not dither in sloth; lacking vigour. He is extremely motivated—those motives lying dormant, waiting for the right moment to be woken up by his ashes.

The salt-and-pepper steed mirrored the mare, leaning his head to the side when she did and gave her a slanting glance as she spoke. The look he gives her is almost lazy – his red eyes crawled slowly across her face – as though he were already tired of speaking to her. In truth, he’d like to pry further and understand more of what she guarded behind that lady like exterior. Curious as to whether she would make a cherished ally or forgettable acquaintance. “You and I have that in common. However, I know someone who might be able to answer any questions you may have about poison and healing.” He hoped that was true and nothing had befallen the Doctor in Dragon’s Throat.

The whites of her eyes flashed, taunting his inquisitive nature before the distracted look was replaced with a grin and honeyed tones. “We’re nearly surrounded by the ocean. The only way to leave Helovia without getting wet is back East.” he replied, wondering what a coastal country had to do with making the decision to stay. Perhaps she was fleeing from something back home and Helovia was as far as she could go in one direction. “What are you looking for?” he asked, hardly bothering to disguise his intentions as he fished for answers.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((Didn't get one up after supper like I promised but was having trouble sleeping so whipped one up now. Night!))

Unregistered
Striped mistress had always been one to judge on appearances. She didn't however try to dwell any deeper than the aspects of her company which might affect herself in some way. Such as it has always been. Such was appropriate for the life she had been living. But now? A draft of cold wind hit at that moment, and dame had to toss delicate head to rid of the fuchsia locks blocking rabbit like optics. Along with the shivers sent down her spine, a glance to the other was made, with all her womanly expressions. Examinations on the ash that twirled with the wind, nares blowing out the odd tingle it gave to her senses.

Although odd, she'd yet to have this long a conversation with another being. It still didn't occur to her, although it was probably the source of her growing uneasiness with her skills to uphold answers for the curious ash smelling one before her. “You and I have that in common. However, I know someone who might be able to answer any questions you may have about poison and healing.” His speech made her curiosity grow at unheard of levels, which was really to have it at all, all interest in others normally being pushed away by Mirames' own vanity. For what he was saying they had similar, was it her enjoyment of murder, or boringly that of the wound she already knew of. Mulling on the other words of healers and such, she answered readily.

"Their are more you know with such knowledge?" A pause as she noticed the undignified tunes of eager surprise rolling off normally sly tongue. Ethereal mare had never encountered more than two of her own kind, equids with worth, power and knowledge with any comparison to hers. Such circumstances throughout her life causing her high self esteem to be as it was now. Regaining her expression to refinement as she had many times before, she blinked albino lashes like that of a foal, listening for next words with as much nonchalant glance as he had shown in lazy look given to her before. Many had probably given her such expressions without her notice, as idea that any could be less than entertained with her was unheard of in confident viewpoint. Still, most she'd conversed with prior had ended up at her mercy.

“What are you looking for?” Mirame had causally tossed pink threaded lion tassel at her striped flank at studs confirmation of the suspicion of this country's borders. Not quite knowing what it is she'd planned to do with the knowledge in the first place. Yet this one seemed so talented at taking her off guard with his forward inquiries. It wasn't like she could admit to her fear, such would never be the case, no matter the current status of the mares pride. Still, it wasn't as if she had an answer for that. She'd never had to plan so far ahead, living each day as it was, easy enough, her only goal being to keep her own worth. With graceful sigh she admitted at least one thing with own awareness. "I cannot say I'm looking for anything in particular, I haven't the slightest idea where to go from here now."

Mirame

( trying not to put her out of character, she's normally more confident and intell, but socially, she has about the the level of a newborn xD)

Unregistered

The runaway – like so many mares before her – was repulsed by him initially, but obviously found something about him that held her interest. If she didn’t like him, apparently she couldn’t yet bring herself to leave. Cineviam hadn’t quite pieced together the puzzle that was Mirame, although he thought he was getting closer. It is not within his power to peel back the textbook lady-like countenance and reveal her true nature that lurked somewhere underneath. But he is well-versed in the art of deception, soon he would know whether the small glimpses – the fear in her eyes, the surprise in her voice – were put on for show or tells that dissemble the masquerade.

“Yes. You will find many here skilled in one area or another” he said, wondering where her talents lie. Mirame had already expressed an interest in violence; perhaps she was a warrior at heart that would help regain the World’s Edge. Or her skill at retaining an air of refinement would prove useful as an Emissary. More importantly was if she was trustworthy and dependable. Others he had tried to get to join his herd or that he helped greet when they had wandered into the territory looking for a home had proved fickle at heart.

“I can help narrow the choices down – Helovia has much to offer,” unfortunately he wasn’t a helpful neutral party that would give her an unbiased opinion. “Mauja the Frostheart and the other Unicorns are regrouping up North in Frostbreath Steppe. Spirits are enflamed; much will be happening that you can take part. It is a good group if you would rather keep company of just Unicorns as the Pegasus and Equines aren’t welcome to join,” he paused, figuring he had to at least mention the other herds. “There are three herd lands: Windtossed Foothills, The World’s Edge, and Dragon’s Throat. As far as I can tell they are accepting to all.” His tone is one of mock-politeness. Whatever understanding that the other Herds had with Mauja that prevented Cineviam from stealing their members, obviously didn’t stop them from siding with The Qian during the Invasion.

“I’m staying in Deep Forest until I’m healed,” he mentioned in case she had been wondering where exactly he fit in the scheme of things. So far he withheld the invitation that she could stay with him in the meantime – until she figured it out. He wasn’t so quick to offer his sole protection to a stranger than he once had the safeguard of the former Edge to those entering the threshold.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

(I enjoyed it... sorry haven't been on to post in a few days.)

Unregistered
( Warning: bad language of a mare on her period apparently, ahead. lol)
As the night dragged on, the brightly coated lady found herself inquiring some in her own thoughts of if she'd end up with any sleep tonight. Should she make a decision, it would be decisive at best. Not one to dwell on unnecessary possibilities, or outcomes that would affect dainty devil later on. The mention of those with notable ability by the stud she had managed to continue conversing with for some time now, was dismissed with gentle nod of pale maw; deciding such would be normal within these parts.

“I can help narrow the choices down – Helovia has much to offer,” Listening with keen facial expressions, Mirame attempted to hide own inexperience in the matter of social subjects. Mauja the Frostheart and the other Unicorns are regrouping up North in Frostbreath Steppe. Spirits are enflamed; much will be happening that you can take part. It is a good group if you would rather keep company of just Unicorns as the Pegasus and Equines aren’t welcome to join,” Racism? How odd, though with regards to myself, perhaps my type is in fact worth isolating for superiority.. Large auds pricking, before flicking backwards momentarily with no attempts to hide the negative gesture,at his further mention of other herds, knowing about such only to her disgust.

"I have no interest in dwelling with those who have plenty of petty company already." The mare spoke stately, seemingly copying his own mocking tones, rather a bit ignorant of the whole thing, being that of a loner within her entire past. Still, her encounters with herds had been negative, including band stallions trying to seduce her within the confines of their breeding systems. " Leaders seem to believe that I will help them with my added number of fucked vaginas. Producing imbred misfits only capable of living under another protection, fulfilling their parents goals. I'll tell you their blood tastes awful, but at least I rid of one those types young." Mirame paused for a moment, recollecting herself to dignified mannerisms, caring for appearances, yet feeling no need to withhold her own opinions. Ah, she'd make no effort to apologize, this brute didn't seem to care either way of her intentions, but in this way, she was quite oblivious.

"I have no interest in the complicated politics you mention, but tell me what benefits I receive from being someones possession if I can perfectly manage on my own?" Mistress had spoken this as less of a question than a statement of her own pride. Really, though hornless doll would not mention her possible lack of fertility after the violent loss of her virginity, she was likely unhelpful in this way. Although, it was obvious herd structure was quite a bit different here than her orignal habitat, the basics would remain the same. She was quite fine with doing as another wished under the circumstances that she had her own reasons to do so as well. Mirame had yet to identify within her mind any benefits of playing along with a group of unself-sufficient baboons. Yes, it was quite possible to him however, that a selfish murderer would prove not trust worthy.

“I’m staying in Deep Forest until I’m healed,” With no thought of prior speech, curious mistress auds would prick once more. Was it a good idea to stay within this place for safety? She did suppose she had an injury herself, but it hadn't occurred to her that she would have limited safety on her own with it.

Mirame
this is a quote for the pinky pony, pinkpinkpinkkkk