the Rift

Wait For You [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It would never be his intention to leave the youth fatherless. Honoring his title and home demanded sacrifices be made; and those sacrifices might not be so detrimental had he not obtained a gangly youth. Cera curled beside him, and Midas found himself smiling at the cherub despite the gloomy bringing of news. He never did, nor never would regret accepting Cera into his family fold. But damaging a pure soul would be a sin he could never wash off; a new fear tripled the speed of his heart and forced eyes closed to hide the onslaught of flickering doubt. What if he passed from this world before seeing Cera fully grown? Would the colt recover from such a loss with the same sweet natured attitude?

Lids opened with features contorted to display stress, his feelings were matched when gaze found Cera staring down at the ground and whimpering softly. The smallish head, not yet defined by the square features of adulthood slide alongside his neck to find comfort in the closeness that could be offered. One ivory wing lay sprawled beneath him, the other rose to cover his son’s body with warmth and feathers. Muscles drew the child close against his warmed hide, shielding from the outside world. With a weighted heart and mind he listened to grieved words, "I don't want you to leave..."

Ears lay across his head, and neck twisted to pull cranium round with muzzle close to Cera’s neck and larger head gently pressing against creamy cheek. "I...I can help! I come with! Don't leave me alone..." Those simple words tore at his heartstrings. Already the child was brave, but, ignorant. A battle ground was no place for a fledging. Midas pressed skull and tightened his muscles to embrace the babe for a moment, “Cera…” the word came out as a sigh before he pulled head away to speak, “Your duty lies here, to help the others watch over our home while so many soldiers are away.”

His dusty flyer was old enough to understand at least a small part of what Midas had signed up for, “The place I am going is very dangerous,” grimly he stared at the sandy terrain beneath them, “One day, when you are fully grown and have flown across the expansion of sky,” gaze turned up to the openness of the azure atmosphere, “You will get the opportunity to fight,” turning attention back to his prodigy he added with firmness entering the gentle notes of his tone, “Until then, you must stay within the boarder while I’m away.”

Honey locked emerald to achieve understanding between them, “If something…” wavering to the point of breaking off, he paused when a hard knot tightened the muscles along his throat. Swallowing hard, the painted father continued, “If I do not return with the rest of the warriors, seek out Ktulu, or Onni; they will care for you in my stead.” He was sure that the herd would step up and another would step into his shoes to provide proper teaching for Cera; though it wounded his soul to think such things.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-07-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-11-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-13-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Birch - 10-13-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Midas - 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
RE: Wait For You [Midas] - by Cera - 10-19-2012, 11:54 PM